Home

KotOR and KotOR2 Savegame Editor (KSE) - Current Version: 3.3.3

tk102

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there. Firstly, thanks for such a great and comprehensive savegame editor.

My problem is that having changed my character's gender from male to female, the voice (as in, during combat, or if i click on their picture to select them) remains a man's voice, which is a little off-putting.

Anyone have this issue? Any solutions?

Thanks for your time.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'd just like to say that the KSE editor 3.3.3 is by far the best game editor I've found for Kotor 1 & 2.

But I have a problem with it now, I used to have Windows Vista on my pc and the editor worked fine. Now I've upgraded to Windows 7 it doesn't seem to have any effect on my game saves!

The editor loads up fine, finds all the saved game files ok and it still appears to work on Windows 7 as it did on Vista but when it comes to loading up the edited files nothing has changed in the game!

Has anyone else had this problem?

Can anyone help me please?

Many thanks.

I'd just like to say that the KSE editor 3.3.3 is by far the best game editor I've found for Kotor 1 & 2.

But I have a problem with it now, I used to have Windows Vista on my pc and the editor worked fine. Now I've upgraded to Windows 7 it doesn't seem to have any effect on my game saves!

The editor loads up fine, finds all the saved game files ok and it still appears to work on Windows 7 as it did on Vista but when it comes to loading up the edited files nothing has changed in the game!

Has anyone else had this problem?

Can anyone help me please?

Many thanks.

If anyone has read my original questions above, I have found the answer to my own question!

Let me explain; What I did to solve said issue was too run the editor as an administrator and also to run program in compatibility mode for Windows Vista.

Doing these two things seems to have worked and the editor is working as it once did. I haven't tried it on KOTOR 1 but this works for KOTOR 2.:thmbup1:

@Darth Peg thanks god you found how to solve it, I've been looking for a solution since 2 days now !

But my problem was the savegames tree wouldn't update after I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, it kept the old savegames, not those I've been creating lastly.

Again, thanks !

• 5 months later...

This might be a dumb question but i`m new at this.... How do i add force powers to my character? I go under feats and i see all the passive feats, but i dont see any way to add powers such as drain and stun. am i missing something ??

• 1 month later...

ok so been racking my brain at this for a while now, is there a way for me to edit my XBOX saves using this editor. I am currently using my old xbox360 hard drive to act as a transfer between my new 360slim and my computer. any and all help will greatly be apreacheated

ok so been racking my brain at this for a while now, is there a way for me to edit my XBOX saves using this editor. I am currently using my old xbox360 hard drive to act as a transfer between my new 360slim and my computer. any and all help will greatly be apreacheated

Interesting idea, I would like to know if this would work too, as I much prefer the Xbox gameplay, but love all the extra cool stuff you can do with the PC version

This might be a dumb question but i`m new at this.... How do i add force powers to my character? I go under feats and i see all the passive feats, but i dont see any way to add powers such as drain and stun. am i missing something ??

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, I've only just got internet access again.

What you need to do is; click on Classes, then click on what ever Jedi you might be (Guardian for example), then click Force Powers.

It will show you what you already have on the left and on the right is what powers you can add.

• 4 months later...

I need some help with the Kotor 2 half of the editor. When I change things, nothing happens in the game. It works for Kotor 1, but not Kotor 2. I tried running it in Vista Compatibility, and Administrator mode, but when I do it in administrator mode, it doesnt recognize that I have saves at all. I'm running Windows 7 64x. Thanks for any help

Hello

I have recently gotten an error when using KSE 3.3.3. I have used the KSE with Kotor 2 for a long time without any problems but suddenly I am not able to edit anything at all anymore. Nothing works. The following error is from my latest save.

The first error message I get is as follows:

Error msg: Could not open P:\sith lords 2\saves\000049 - game 48\ PARTYTABLE.res for writing. at \PearApp\Bioware\GFF.pm line 907.

The other error message I get is:

Bioware::GFF::Struct::writeHeader2 at\PearlApp\Bioware\GFF.pm line 907.

Bioware::GFF::write_gff3 at \PearApp\Bioware\GFF.pm line 268

main::CommitChanges at kotor_savegame_editor3.3.3.pl line1655

main::_ANON_ at kotor_savegame_editor:3.3.3.pl line 2566

Tk callback for.button 5

Tk::_ANON_ at \PearlAp\Tk.pm line 247

Tk::Button::butUp at \PearApp\Tk\Button.pm line 111

ButtonRelease-1

(Command bound to event)

And this is what I got from KSE.log:

08-17-2012 17:44:45 KSE startup v3.3.3

08-17-2012 17:44:46 KSE could not find saves directory for KotOR1.

08-17-2012 17:44:46 KSE found KotOR2 saves directory in P:\Sith lords 2

08-17-2012 17:44:46 KotOR2 spells.2da override detected.

08-17-2012 17:44:47 KotOR2 appearance.2da override detected.

08-17-2012 17:44:50 #2#000020 - Game19 clicked

08-17-2012 17:44:50 #2#000020 - Game19 clicked

08-17-2012 17:44:51 #2#000049 - Game48 clicked

08-17-2012 17:44:51 #2#000049 - Game48 clicked

08-17-2012 17:44:53 #2#000049 - Game48 clicked

08-17-2012 17:44:53 Populating Level1 for #2#000049 - Game48

08-17-2012 17:44:53 Populating Feats: #2#000049 - Game48#Feats

08-17-2012 17:44:53 Populating Journal for #2#000049 - Game48

08-17-2012 17:44:57 #2#000049 - Game48#Experience clicked

08-17-2012 17:44:57 #2#000049 - Game48#Experience clicked

08-17-2012 17:44:57 #2#000049 - Game48#GoodEvil clicked

08-17-2012 17:44:57 #2#000049 - Game48#GoodEvil clicked

08-17-2012 17:45:03 Changing GoodEvil value to 0 using field # GoodEvil

08-17-2012 17:45:03 Committing changes for 000049 - Game48

Tk::Error: Could not open P:\Sith lords 2\saves\000049 - Game48\PARTYTABLE.res for writing. at /PerlApp/Bioware/GFF.pm line 907.

Bioware::GFF::Struct::writeHeader2 at /PerlApp/Bioware/GFF.pm line 907

Bioware::GFF::write_gff3 at /PerlApp/Bioware/GFF.pm line 212

Bioware::GFF::write_gff_file at /PerlApp/Bioware/GFF.pm line 268

main::CommitChanges at kotor_savegame_editor3.3.3.pl line 1655

main::__ANON__ at kotor_savegame_editor3.3.3.pl line 2566

Tk callback for .button4

Tk::__ANON__ at /PerlApp/Tk.pm line 247

Tk::Button::butUp at /PerlApp/Tk/Button.pm line 111

<ButtonRelease-1>

(command bound to event)

08-17-2012 17:45:10 ---------Termination---------

Is there any way to fix this without having to start a new game? I have tried to load save games from long before but that did not work. I also tried using the 3.3.2a version but that did not work either.

Thanks for the help

Dagon3

Most of the time when it says "bound to event", clicking "apply" won't have any bad affects, atleast not for me. Just like the "wearable hood" mod, or a few blaster mods.

Only when I click on an item that either conflicted with the line or game files, which then leads to the item no longer appearing on your KSE inventory as (e.g)"lghtsbr01 - USM Kavarsaber" but instead appears as "BadStrRef [0424010]" (do not save when this happens!).

That example normally stops the item showing in my in-game inventory or simply messes my save up. >.<

Never-the-less, the item can still be spawned in-game by using the "~" and entering the "giveitem" code. Although, it normally doesn't work like it should. (E.g)I had a few different armor mods and wanted to try them all, but it said BadStrReff when I added one or two of them threw the KSE.

I tried using the give item code instead, and when I got them, they either made the game crash or appeared to look like the robes/armor from another mod (which was not how they were meant to look). This is due to file conflicting or 2DA Confliction.

Other things I noticed. When importing my KSE from my laptop to my pc, I tried getting the KSE to apply these changes that I made on the save file, but when I played the game, nothing got changed. I then downloaded KSE again, to which I then discovered I had to change the KSE's configuration to "run as administrator" and to run on the same windows compatability setting as what my Kotor was running on.

Another problem I had where I had a KSE in both my Kotor 1 and kotor 2 overide folders.

I could use KSE fine with Kotor 2, but with Kotor 1, the KSE never displayed any save games from K1. I then discovered I had placed a copy of the original KSE in my kotor 1 override folder, but the the original KSE was in my "downloads" folder(this KSE worked when I attempted to edit k1 with it).

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok, i just escaped from the leviathan, and now i am stuck with the cutstart thing, i have not modded the gender, or class, and its not working, also, candorous, while he has computer stats, he cannot use the brig terminal, so i kinda need help... :confused:

• 2 months later...

Hi, KSE works fine for me, no real issues except....

KSE does not know where my KOTOR 2 folder is. Every time I run the program I have to manually enter it into the program. It sees my KOTOR folder just fine. I have the games on steam.

What do I do to fix this?

I am stuck can anyone help?

What values do I change in order to get the cutscene to go back to Onderon?

I'm running the latest versions of TSLRCM and the hk factory mod (whatever that weird naming scheme is) and mostly just texture mods and the korriban tomb and corescant planet mods, and some force power mod.

Anyways, I did Onderon last and I've tried a whole bunch of **** figuring maybe that would advance the plot so the mandalorean would call me back, and he hasn't. Every time I enter the ship, it starts to fade to black, then goes to normal as if it wanted to run something but it couldn't.

My journal shows up with:

"hey this bith has his arm cut off"

"Hey this is master Kavar, I'll call you later"

"from the datapad you found on korriban, t3 says you can go to the planet m4-78 to find jedi master Vash the Stampede"

(a little embellishment but that's the current progress)

I've completed all other planets, and all other content. Everything. I'm stuck, right here and I have no idea what to do. Can I warp somewhere? Can I change some values in KSE in order to force it to fire?

help :(

Ehm, did you *find* Vash on M4-78EP?

From looking at the logs, that's not the case. And explains why Onderon doesn't advance.

Yeah I just did the robot planet (god damn I can see why they cut it out because it was plodding and awful) and it finally triggered.

How do I get rid of this Bith quest? I've already found out GOTO's identity and used it as evidence.

It should go to closed as soon as you enter his hideout.

You mean Goto's yacht? I'm way past that.

edit: Man now I'm gonna have to go youtube the HK Factory thing. I saw something flying to telos, and got the torture scene with HK47 and they said I had to wait, but now I'm on malachor and I never got any chance to go to the factory :(

Archived