Home

KotOR and KotOR2 Savegame Editor (KSE) - Current Version: 3.3.3

tk102

No, the Bith's place in the Flophouse.

Odd. You should have gotten it if you had the torture scene. Can only imagine another mod interfering there... :(

Yeah that's where I got the quest, and where it updated for the arm. It should have removed itself when I killed the rogue droid, but it didn't.

Also Yeah I had everything accounted for...but then nothing happened. Everyone's just like "where's hk47??"

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I haven't checked the entire thread yet, but is there a way to respawn planet npcs once they leave the area?

To be specific, I forgot to ask Lasavvou to transport the refugees off-world, I was more concerned with making sure the airspeeder was fixed on time.

:migraine:

Not sure if this was already posted or not, and I don't feel like going through all 39 pages.

Now, my problem is that whenever I use KSE, for anything, it doesn't do anything. Like, if I edit a quest or if a try to add a new item, when I hit Apply and Commit changes, when I go into the game, the changes aren't applied. It doesn't do anything. And when I delete the saves from the game, they still remain in KSE and new saves don't show up. This happens for both KOTORs.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe someone can help me-

Installed KOTOR 2 through Steam, hoping to explore the new cut content. Neglect to install the Nar Shaddaa fix (didn't realize the necessity), now I'm stuck: I completed the Red Eclipse side mission, worked up enough renown, got the Visquiz invite and... en route, the Red Eclipse cutscene will trigger again as I approach the docks.

I could try the fix here, but I have a problem: The 'Quests' menu for TSL in KSE 3.3.3 and 3.3.2a is blank. So while I can edit the relevant numericals for the Red_Eclipse takeover (301_Nar_Red_Eclipse_At: 1), I can't disable or bypass the mission.

Because of this, my game just crashes after the 'Twin Suns' Atton fight as it's trying to process the Red Eclipse event and the Ebon Hawk Defense at the same time.

So, any hints as to why I can't edit the quest log?

Edit: I have tried running in administrator mode with no luck. Moreover, I have successfully used KSE to edit my KOTOR 1 saves, but nothing appears for KOTOR 2 quests.

I'm actually not using an older version, but the bug still occured for me so I tried the old fix. When it didn't work I did a complete clean install, mods included, and I'm still getting the error.

Also, I never said I wanted modify the quest entry, but I do need to modify the status of the quest. From the link I posted:

"Under Quests -> Landing Rights: quest state must be either 90 or 91. (resolved the Red Eclipse takeover)"

Basically, for whatever reason, the quest didn't register as 'complete' when I finished it, so the 'red-eclipse taking over the Ebon Hawk' cutscene keeps triggering when I try to leave the main area, but only after the Visquiz invitation. I can approach the Ebon Hawk, which will trigger the initial ambush outside the Ebon Hawk again, but the ship itself is empty.

So what I need to do, is edit the quest status to complete, then edit the "301_Nar_Red_Eclipse_At" variable under Numerics to allow me to bypass it and reset the ship's status to functional. If I just edit 301_Nar_Red_Eclipse_At, it will cause the cutscene to reset, only to retrigger.

If I decide to ignore the red eclipse thing and press forward, my game hangs after the Twin Sun fight with Atton.

Edit: I'm placing my bets on some kind of mod conflict... Going to go through the notes of each downloaded mod to make sure I'm not missing anything. Unfortunately I don't have saves prior to Nar Shadaa so I might be SOL even with a reinstall.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello. I've got a minor problem with my edited save (using KSE).

Whenever I try to change my PC's appearance to any of the Dark Jedi models (Dark_Jedi_Mid_Male_03 for example) it won't appear properly ingame and causes it to crash. I've tried changing it to the High, Mid and Low and still it refuses to display.

What do?

• 3 weeks later...
I bought both games through steam. kotor and kse work fine. TSL doesn't show ant saves and when I tried to change the install location to the steam folder it crashes.

Did you have any issues the first time you started up KSE? No having to find the game's directory, or anything? Can you send me a pic of your install location for TSL? With the Install address? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to use this editor to get rid of the Red Eclipse bug. However, when I try to run the .exe file... nothing happens. No window pops up, nothing. Does anyone know what might be wrong here? I tried running it in compatibility mode and as administrator, but it didn't help.

I'm trying to use this editor to get rid of the Red Eclipse bug. However, when I try to run the .exe file... nothing happens. No window pops up, nothing. Does anyone know what might be wrong here? I tried running it in compatibility mode and as administrator, but it didn't help.

I've never had any such problems with it on XP or Win 7 Ultimate. What is your operating system?

Archived