Home

KotOR and KotOR2 Savegame Editor (KSE) - Current Version: 3.3.3

tk102

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium. And yes, I realize this is a bizarre problem. I could understand errors or failing to find the saves, but for nothing to happen?

Well, it doesn't require any external programs. I checked the code. Did it give you any boxes to click or anything? If not, I recommend restarting the computer and trying again.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope. The computer 'thinks' for a moment - the waiting icon shows up next to the mouse pointer - but nothing happens. And unfortunately, I have restarted my computer in-between attempts, which didn't work.

I got this from here, so you might try it and let me know how it goes:

For Those Who Can't Open It: Just so you all know, if you can't open the KSE, I found out that if you have installed a mod that messed with the dialog.tlk and spells.2da file, and if you ever uninstalled your game and re-installed it, the KSE will not work in any game since you needed to make a back up of the dialog.tlk file. You will have to re-install your mods that modify the dialog.tlk file. The simple way of getting around it is to make sure that KSE can't read your override folder by renaming it temporarily or renaming your spells.2da file temporarily. Just do something to make sure that the spells.2da file is not being read by the KSE.

I see! Thanks. I did start a new game already - with a mod for skipping Peragus - with plans to use a patch that needs to be applied before Nar Shadaa. Hopefully the new version of the restoration mod will fix the problem. Thanks again for linking it.

Hmm. Hey! I was reading the comments for KSE on filefront. Here's something for you to try:

I just figured out it was my Spyware protection that was stopping it from openning. Shem, Thanks for helping!

I found it by Google. I have no idea why it directed me to the page with the 1.6 version instead of the new one. I'm kind of annoyed, since it could have all been avoided if I'd downloaded the 1.8.2 version straight away. But nothing to be done about it now.

Hmm. Hey! I was reading the comments for KSE on filefront. Here's something for you to try:

Thanks, I'll be sure to try it if I have a chance. Maybe I won't need the KSE after all, but why knows...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I'm playing KotOR 2 right now and encountered the Zhug brothers glitch (before you get captured by Goto, the Zhug brothers scene in the cantina (?) keeps repeating itself and messes up your game) on Nar Shadda. Since I've tried everything to resolve the problem and nothing worked, I decided to use a warp cheat as my last resort to get on Goto's ship.

But as you can guess my quest log did not update itself and even after finishing Goto's ship, the status of my quest line on Nar Shadda remains the same. So I tried using the KSE 3.3.3. to edit the progess of my quests but the part of the editor where you can add or remove quests is completeley blank.

I am using the TSLRMC mod 1.8.2 and the Ultimate saber mod. I've tried uninstalling the latter but then I can't load my saves anymore. Don't really know what to do anymore. Help would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
Not unless your iPad is jailbroken.

I don't suppose there's been a mod put in place that would enable this to work for the IPad yet? I'm able to copy back and forth via IfunBox, same as another user - but the changes still don't take hold.

• 3 months later...

Earlier in the thread, people touched on the inability to see any visuals when it comes to feats/powers lists (and other ones as well). I am struggling with this. Here is a link to somebody's screenshot of the issue: http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/9500/feat5yk.gif

I do not have a feat.2da file in the Override. Is anyone at least able to explain why this may be happening?

• 1 month later...

@KotorMacModder

I think you're supposed to have a feat.2da

It's where all the feats are loaded from I believe.

Not sure what to say about the force powers though. Since that's all spells.2da

And since you don't take a look at this. http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Feats_Fast_Plus;81754

It will remove feat level restrictions and lets you use the wrist launcher with any non droid party member.

And also because it just gives you a feat.2da :3

If all else fails simply download a fresh copy of kse 3.3.3

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about Juhani's sidequest and I'll try and keep it short and simple: I've left the Leviathan and landed on Korriban. Ziagrom has triggered (bug avoided), now I want to finish Juhani's quest. Realized her conversations had froze along time ago before she even told me about meeting a jedi. Xor hasn't been able to trigger because of this, but definitely won't now since I finished the Leviathan.

What Globals in the KSE can I change to unlock the rest of Juhani's conversations or at least skip them and make Xor appear (twice)?

For reference here's what all of them with the word Juhani/Xor in it say:

NUMERICS

- DAN_JUHANI_ANGER: 0

- DAN_JUHANI_PLOT: 3

- DAN_JUHANI_STATE: 2

- G_JUHANIC_NUM: 0

- G_JUHANIH_STATE: 1

- G_JUHANIP_STATE: 2

- G_JUHANI_PLOT: 0

- T_JUHANIL: 0

- T_JUHANIS: 0

- K_XOR_AMBUSH: 0

BOOLEANS

- DAN_JUHANIF_DONE: 1

- DAN_JUHANIQ_DONE: 1

- DAN_JUHANI_DONE: 1

- DAN_JUHANI_FIGHT: 0

- DAN_JUHANI_JOINED: 1

- T_JUHANIC: 0

- T_JUHANIKD: 0

- T_JUHANIKF: 0

- T_JUHANIK: 0

- T_JUHANIROM: 0

- T_JUHANIR_DONE: 0

- T_JUHANIR: 0

• 2 months later...

I've used this editor before and it is terrific. however it's been a year or two. the old version i had did not work, so i downloaded a new one. didn't work either. I've downloaded it probably a dozen times now and always it says "application not found." which is odd because i'm clicking right on it to solicit this response. can anyone help me?

let me add I've unblocked it from windows already. I've saved it as an .exe file which results in a "the version of this file is not compatible with windows yada yada yada" message.

It is critical I use this program because I've encountered a glitch that I understand only this can fix.

Please please please help me!!

I've used this editor before and it is terrific. however it's been a year or two. the old version i had did not work, so i downloaded a new one. didn't work either. I've downloaded it probably a dozen times now and always it says "application not found." which is odd because i'm clicking right on it to solicit this response. can anyone help me?

let me add I've unblocked it from windows already. I've saved it as an .exe file which results in a "the version of this file is not compatible with windows yada yada yada" message.

It is critical I use this program because I've encountered a glitch that I understand only this can fix.

Please please please help me!!

Okay, first question: What operating system?

To get it working, from a download standpoint:

1. Go to starwarsknights.com/tools.php,

2. Go down a bit, and look for Kotor Savegame Editor 3.3.3

3. Click Download, and save it as a .zip.

4. After downloading, extract the .zip archive using WinRar or 7Zip.

5. Now delete the source code if you're not going to use it, and then try running the .exe file.

Also, if you're going to continue using it, might I suggest checking out Version 3.3.4 in my signature?

Hi! I am playing KotOR TSL with the TSLRM 1.8.3, M4-74, and a skin mod. I've been trying to change some of my saved games, however I can change everything except Force Powers, which is the only thing I want to do. I keep getting this error message no matter what saved game powers I try to modify:

5/23/2014--0:10:12= Tk::Error: element "#2#000192 - Game191#Classes#Class0#KnownList0#Power" already exists at /<C:\Users\Hanna\Desktop\KSE\kse_334.exe>Tk.pm line 251.

Tk callback for .frame.tree

Tk::Widget::Callback at /<C:\Users\Hanna\Desktop\KSE\kse_334.exe>Tk/Widget.pm line 1153

Tk::Tree::IndicatorCmd at /<C:\Users\Hanna\Desktop\KSE\kse_334.exe>Tk/Tree.pm line 194

Tk::Widget::Callback at /<C:\Users\Hanna\Desktop\KSE\kse_334.exe>Tk/Widget.pm line 1154

Tk::HList::ButtonRelease1 at /<C:\Users\Hanna\Desktop\KSE\kse_334.exe>Tk/HList.pm line 283

Tk::HList::ButtonRelease_1 at /<C:\Users\Hanna\Desktop\KSE\kse_334.exe>Tk/HList.pm line 99

<ButtonRelease-1>

(command bound to event)

What is causing this problem and how can I fix it?

Hi! I am playing KotOR TSL with the TSLRM 1.8.3, M4-74, and a skin mod. I've been trying to change some of my saved games, however I can change everything except Force Powers, which is the only thing I want to do. I keep getting this error message no matter what saved game powers I try to modify:

5/23/2014--0:10:12= Tk::Error: element "#2#000192 - Game191#Classes#Class0#KnownList0#Power" already exists at /<C:\Users\Hanna\Desktop\KSE\kse_334.exe>Tk.pm line 251.

Tk callback for .frame.tree

Tk::Widget::Callback at /<C:\Users\Hanna\Desktop\KSE\kse_334.exe>Tk/Widget.pm line 1153

Tk::Tree::IndicatorCmd at /<C:\Users\Hanna\Desktop\KSE\kse_334.exe>Tk/Tree.pm line 194

Tk::Widget::Callback at /<C:\Users\Hanna\Desktop\KSE\kse_334.exe>Tk/Widget.pm line 1154

Tk::HList::ButtonRelease1 at /<C:\Users\Hanna\Desktop\KSE\kse_334.exe>Tk/HList.pm line 283

Tk::HList::ButtonRelease_1 at /<C:\Users\Hanna\Desktop\KSE\kse_334.exe>Tk/HList.pm line 99

<ButtonRelease-1>

(command bound to event)

What is causing this problem and how can I fix it?

Can you perhaps try using the 3.3.4 version, a link to it being in my signature? It logs the errors and things done in the KSE_ERRORS.txt and KSE_LOG.txt respectively, and it might help if you posted the contents of the KSE_LOG.txt.

With that, I might be able to help you, Tabasko(or Hanna).

Archived