Home

KotOR and KotOR2 Savegame Editor (KSE) - Current Version: 3.3.3

tk102

using win xp pro , havent had the program crash on me once , all the way from 1.something , i think it was the first 1.something one in fact , using 1.3.3 (the exe one) and still no problems , fully updated from windows update website

only time the save game editor gave me problems was when i made me a jedi before leaving the ender spire before you put up those modified scripts ~shrugs~

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by tk102

Ossian - :confused: I don't know what you mean exactly.

The game takes informations on the character like the number of HP e FP, saving throws and other things.

It can be seen levelling a charatcter to the 20th (or any other) level and then editing it to the 1st.

Those values don't change.

Is there a way to alter them?

I believe what you're looking for is in the 2da files -- namely classes.2da, classpowergain.2da, and the .2da files that begin with cls_. Take a look there with Kotor Tool. And in that case, yes you can edit them and put them in your Override.

Heh...just found out that with the editor you can't gain light or dark mastery by adjusting good/evil to 0 or 100 you have to do that in game, I tested by giving myself 99 then added a light side point in the game and acheived mastery. If you give your self 100 in the editor you don't get the icon or your bonus'. Just thought I'd let you know. :)

• 2 weeks later...

When you reach full Light or Dark represented on the force meter; left of your character in the Character Info screen (were your background is shown as an increasing instensity of blue or red), you gain mastery and a bonus depending on your jedi class.

Guardian: Light = +3 strength, Dark = +1d8 damage

Consular: Light = +3 charisma, Dark = +50 force points

Sentinel: Light = +3 constitution, Dark = immunity to poison

A Light or Dark icon appears on your Effects List located on the meter to the right of you character on the Character Info screen.

Hope that makes sense. :)

I'm currently involved (read: interested) in trying to figure out Camera Angles, Trigger Points, and other general mod-related trivia.

If a new update comes out I'll let you know in this thread. You're still having reboot problems anyway though hmm? The easy workaround is to just cheat 'giveitem' which is essentially what your asking for via KSE.

T7Nowhere offered a means to copy out the inventory (item instances, not just templates) from one savegame and import it into another and he has a link on his sticky thread.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by darth makaan:

btw tk102 are there any new updates to the save editor? will ya reconsider adding the items feature to it?

There is an alpha version of KSE with this functionality added that is currently being tested for bugs.

In addition to Inventory Editing, Appearance and Portrait editing will be available for both the PC and NPCs. You will also be able to rename the NPCs.

Target date for release is June 27.

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Screenshot 3

Originally posted by tk102

There is an alpha version of KSE with this functionality added that is currently being tested for bugs.

In addition to Inventory Editing, Appearance and Portrait editing will be available for both the PC and NPCs. You will also be able to rename the NPCs.

Target date for release is June 27.

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Screenshot 3

I will most CERTAINLY be awaiting that one!!!

Will you post it here or on PCGM or even both?

MattCole

Heh first, TK102, your editor is great :) Thx for it

Now I got a little problem, it seems I cannot edit my char power, when I click add, it does nothing, anyone would happen to know why it doesnt want to add force power ?

Ah, it s working now, though dont know why it wasnt working.

Also I noticed an other problem, if I removed my basic class and changed my jedi class, then when I would load the game my hp and fp wouldnt update properly.

To make it work had to remove my both class, create a new one at lvl 1, and then level it up, that way it worked

Archived