Home

KotOR and KotOR2 Savegame Editor (KSE) - Current Version: 3.3.3

tk102

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well it's working fine for me. One thing I thought would be nice. In the inventory editor you can see the item name but you can't see the name in the master item list. Think you could do something about that?

You're referring to the Description? It is in the list, and if you expand your window (either by dragging or maximizing it) you might be able to see it better, plus there should be a horizontal scrollbar at the bottom of the Master Item List.

But I see what you mean, maybe the tree window doesn't need to be quite so wide. :)

Also,

If anyone besides Darth333 ends up having to use alternate version of KSE (KSEA), I would be interested in hearing about it. It would be nice to just distribute a single version, as you can understand.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Geat work mate!

I loved it!

Now we can add/remove items from our inventory.

I have a question, when I'm looking at the Item Master List I get names with 3 colors.

What the colors mean?

I think that Blue are the ones we already have and black the ones we dont have, but what about the red ones?

I tryied to add a red one but I got something like this written in the inventory in the Save Game Editor: (space) Bad StrRef [19382060]

EDIT: ok I tryied some of the red ones and they worked...

What is gave that error was T7nowhere's Jolee's Jade Shield.

I think that all of T7nowhere's items are giving me that error.

Reload2K -- yes the blue ones are items you already have, the black one are the ones you don't and the red ones are the ones that have been found in the override folder.

The error you got sounds like the .uti had a 0 in the LocalizedName StrRef instead of a -1, and possibly an error in the 'Tag' field. Is that the case?

Tk thanks for the awesome tool, I’ll give it a try once I get off the Endar spire. Always testing now a days

And great news from Obsidian, looks promising if only they would give us info on model format ;)

svösh

Originally posted by ReLoaD2K

I'll post a link here to some screen shots of the uti file on the GFFEditor.

ReLoaD2K

I have found that error in several uti's that were in

Holowan plug-in. They will all be fixed. Im not sure why it happend, but thaks to tk102's kse I identified the problem items last week and fixed them.

T7, I'm not so sure the .uti's are completely at fault -- I think KSE should be robust enough to handle these nuances in .uti fields. I'm investigating it now and will probably submit a v2.0.7 if I find anything.

I have found that error in several uti's that were in

Holowan plug-in. They will all be fixed. Im not sure why it happend

I've determined that the problem with the uti files in question have a 0D0A sequence in their TemplateResRef. I have a new version that deals with this correctly and will upload it within the next 8 hours.

you can't use the same head for two separate people when you change the appearance

Really? So what happens then? Only one gets it?

Ya only one person gets it.

For example, if you chose your appearance as, say..

Party_NPC_Juhani

You save it and load up the game. And say you have Juhani in your party. Once it loads, you look exactly like Juhani, like it should, not a problem... until you go to the next area. Once it loads up in a different part of the city/place, Juhani will lose her head while you still keep hers.

Originally posted by tk102

Ha ha ha. Ah, that's too bad. Well I'll put that one in the readme. Thanks for posting it. If you figure out a way around that, let me know.

Tk a way around it involves editing files ..

rip Juhanis ones out with KT , rename them to what ever you want them to replace , save to the override folder

of course this wont help the save game editor now will it :p

and good news from Obsidian , glad they are keeping everyhing the same , that also means Fred's KT tools proberly wont need much work to make it work with KOTOR2

Archived