Home

KotOR and KotOR2 Savegame Editor (KSE) - Current Version: 3.3.3

tk102

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well thanks for the replies. I found out what was wrong:

I had a text version of the spells.2da in my override (i.e. a v2.0 instead of a compressed v2.b). That was causing the error. I suppose I have to start using Kotor Tool to edit my 2DA's, instead of using my trusty text editor :( . Oh well...

Thanks everyone.

Question about changing/editting classes.

If I wanted to make all party members Jedi, which Force powers are needed to be added in order for this to work? Also, do I just "change" their starting class to one of the 3 Jedi classes, or do I keep their original class and add an additional Jedi class to them?

I think I screwed something up, because in my current game I switched my PC to a soldier only, but then later decided i wanted him to be a Jedi again. But in the process I think some of his mandatory Force powers are gone and the game keeps crashing when I try to load it.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with KSE. Were you running v2.06 or above? If so, you should've seen an error message popup during your editing process.

For NPCs, you can either change the base class or multiclass them to Jedis. In earlier versions of KSE, I recommended that you add at least one force power otherwise the game would crash. I don't know if that problem still exists with v2.06+ but perhaps that is the issue you are facing?

For you PC, I would recommend multiclassing, just because that's what the game expects. And if you un-Jedi yourself, you will lose all your force powers as you know now.

Something I found funny:

If you change your starting class so that you're a single class Jedi when Bastila asks you about your background when you talk to her on Dantooine after visiting the Ruins there's only 2 responses:

"I'm a Hutt in Human disguise...."

or

"I'm tired of answering questions..."

The first will get you a very curt response from Bastila and the second just end the conversation.

Yes, this is what I mean. Many dialog options, and even some cutscenes are expecting to be able to resolve your 'base' class as Solder/Scoundrel/Scout. Same goes for Gender. If the game can't figure you out things like this happen.

(Getting stuck in the Endar Spire cutscene was worst symptom of this, and required customized .dlg files to be distributed with KSE.)

Originally posted by tk102

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with KSE. Were you running v2.06 or above? If so, you should've seen an error message popup during your editing process.

For NPCs, you can either change the base class or multiclass them to Jedis. In earlier versions of KSE, I recommended that you add at least one force power otherwise the game would crash. I don't know if that problem still exists with v2.06+ but perhaps that is the issue you are facing?

For you PC, I would recommend multiclassing, just because that's what the game expects. And if you un-Jedi yourself, you will lose all your force powers as you know now.

The game must have crashed due to my messing around with my PC, because everything was working fine (I'd already changed my entire party to republic soldier look-a-likes) until I decided to change my PC back to a Jedi after removing the Jedi class originally.

Originally posted by ReLoaD2K

So I guess that messing with your starting classes is not a very wise thing to do right?

Well. it can get a little tricky. The best way to do it, is to start the game regular as a level 1 soldier. At level up, exit and add level 1 Jedi, save. Go back in the game and level up from there. You'll be just fine.

I'm still having trouble making all members of my party Jedi. I can change their classes, but none of the Force powers that I give them work. Which Force powers do I need to add first?

Do Force powers not work until after you pass the Jedi trials on Dantooine? I'm still on Taris.

Originally posted by tk102

When you load your savegame do the NPCs have a Jedi class? If so, do they have any powers in their Powers tab?

Also you never mentioned which version you were running.

They have Jedi classes listed on their "level up" screen, but they don't have any Force powers currently since they haven't leveled up while being a Jedi yet. But my PC has leveled up and currently has "Force push" available. In combat, however, the Force Push option is there, but unavailable. It says that my Force points are depleted and I can't use it, even though my FP are full.

I'm using the most current update (I believe 2.7)

Here's a quote from the kse-readme.txt

- If you make your early single-class character a Jedi class, you'll

probably also want to grant him/her the Feat: Force Sensitive to give you an

extra 40 points, otherwise you won't be able to do much in the way of force

powers until you level up. Also, you won't be able to get any Force Points

until you level up once.

Reggie333 wants: something that lets you get party members early

Tianhou_Zhong made same request on page 3 of this thread. My guess is that if you were to actually recruit your NPC before you were supposed to, you would probably run into their twin in the game and one of them would not have a head. Recruitment *may* still function properly, but your previous incarnation would disappear along with all equipment and experience. That's what would happen in the best-case scenario. Worst-case is that your game would crash mid-game.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Reggie333

How do you give your character automatic healing (like Canderous) and stealth mode without a belt (like Juhani)?

I don't remember if there is a way to do it with KSE but you can use a script. See this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129600

Also, how do I give Wookie Toughness to a non-wookie character and get rid of armor restrictions on Jedi and wookies (i.e. let them wear armor)?

Kitty kitty made a mod for that:

http://webpages.charter.net/ytl/frames.html

Otherwise, you can edit either spells.2da (check no. 29 in the first post of that thread:http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130898 ) or baseitem.2da (check my post in that thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130522)

For tools and how to edit .2da files, look at the Guide for the Newbie in the Stickies.

Archived