Home

KotOR and KotOR2 Savegame Editor (KSE) - Current Version: 3.3.3

tk102

TK102,

I have a bit of a feature request that I think would be very useful. Would it be possible to have something that compares two savegames and determines which globals are different? I think it would be very handy to figure out how to script various things and such.

Thanks for your excellent tool thus far,

Shimaon

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Shimaon

TK102,

I have a bit of a feature request that I think would be very useful. Would it be possible to have something that compares two savegames and determines which globals are different? I think it would be very handy to figure out how to script various things and such.

Thanks for your excellent tool thus far,

Shimaon

Tk already made a tool for this Shimaon: the Global Variable Comparison Tool. Direct link for download is included at the end of my 'Guide for the Newbie' in the stickies (btw, despite it's title, the Guide is not only for Newbies ;) )

KSE v2.0.8 released at PCGamemods.com yesterday.

Darth333 wrote this update -- it adds the ability to change the soundsets associated with the PC/NPCs. This is useful if you intend to modify the characters' genders or appearances.

Thanks to Darth333 for this.

Originally posted by Darth333

Tk already made a tool for this Shimaon: the Global Variable Comparison Tool. Direct link for download is included at the end of my 'Guide for the Newbie' in the stickies (btw, despite it's title, the Guide is not only for Newbies ;) )

bah! I've been away from the boards for far too long, heh. Thanks Darth333 and TK.

Originally posted by Shimaon

bah! I've been away from the boards for far too long, heh. Thanks Darth333 and TK.

Welcome back Shimaon :)

Originally posted by tk102

KSE v2.08 released at PCGamemods.com yesterday. Darth333 wrote this update -- it adds the ability to change the soundsets associated with the PC/NPCs. This is useful if you intend to modify the characters' genders or appearances.

Thanks to Darth333 for this.

TK, you don't have to thank me. Despite your first advice (which I did not followed) I am the one who should thank you for making kse and for introducing me to modding and Perl :D What I did was a very simple job.

Well, I've redownloaded it about 4 times now. On the third try, it said only one of the .exe's was corrupt, so that's making progress I guess. I even tried downloading it on my other computer, but got the same corruptness error for the same .exe. I don't know what's going on.

This is weird, I have asked a few people to test the download at pcgamemods and they did not run into any trouble, neither did I. PM me your e-mail address if you wish, I'll try to send it directly to you when I get home this evening.

If anyone else who downloaded v. 2.0.8 at pcgamemods ran into simialr problems, pls report it!

• 2 weeks later...

v2.1.1 released at pcgamemods.

http://www.pcgamemods.com/7152/

NEW FEATURES

-------------

* v2.1.1 -

Inventory Copy from One Savegame to Another:

As of v2.1.1, after a savegame node has been unfolded at least once (to load the

game info), you can right-click either the savegame root node or the Inventory node and get a popup menu that allows you to "Copy Inventory from this savegame" into memory. Then you can right-click a different savegame and select "Paste Inventory into this savegame". This will have the effect of copying all unequipped items from one savegame into the other. The inventory tree will be updated as well in KSE. It also has the same effect as clicking the Commit Changes, so if you have made other outstanding changes to the savegame receiving the pasted inventory, they will be

committed.

• 2 weeks later...

KSE v2.1.1a released.

No change made to the KSE application, but thanks to Achilles, a new patched .dlg file has been included that will alleviate the following symptom:

Leaving the Unknown Planet after choosing Darkside path with a PC that is not Male or Female, the PC gets stuck in a room with a cutscene object, preventing further gameplay.

Edit: The .dlg file isn't completely patched after all. See the download's site for a comment about how to get a fully patched .dlg.

Hey TK, I'm not sure if it's possible with your SGE, but is there a way to make Juhani available for adding to your party, even if you've killed her on Dantooine? You're the biggest name in the community it seems, so I thought I'd ask here first.

:o Whoa, I wouldn't go that far. :o

KSE cannot at this time copy an NPC from one savegame to another, which would be one solution to your dilemma.

Fortunately you've come at the right time! Darth333 just released a new armband that can do exactly what you're looking for. Look here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135519

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I dunno if someone had raised this before, but after killing Carth's old commander, you get this sith assassin pistol with a damage of 17-21.. well atleast waay more than the original sith assassin pistols..

the funny thing is, I opened it with KSE 2.1.1a and in the inventory, the object reference for the sith assassin pistols are all g_w_hldoblstr03, but are shown in two separate lines

g_w_hldoblstr03, sith assassin pistol[1]

g_w_hldoblstr03, sith assassin pistol[2] <--- thats the 2 original ones I had

I wonder why that happens :eek:

The reason for that is because I chose to list the items currently possessed in inventory as "Tag...Description...Count". The pistol that you're referring to evidently has the same Tag field and Description as a normal pistol, but its Template (that is, the .uti filename) is different.

On the Master Item List on the right side of the screen, I list the items as "Template...Tag...Description". (I think this pistol's .uti is located in a module-level .rim file, not the global templates.bif file, so it may not appear in the master list.)

• 2 months later...

Recently I had a round of emails troubleshooting savegames and thought I'd share what we discovered.

Symptom: KSE seems to be working fine, but changes are not showing up in game. Actually, the amount of credits were being updated, but nothing else.

Diagnosis: It took awhile but we realized there were 3 folders in the SWKOTOR folder that shouldn't have been there: "gameinprogress", "currentgame", and "futuregame".

Outcome: Deleting these 3 folders caused the changes to suddenly appear in-game when swkotor.exe was restarted.

Probably what happened was an abnormal exit of swkotor.exe and these folders (which are generated during normal gameplay and disappear on normal exit) persisted.

Anyway I hope this helps someone else out.

A new version of KSE has been released. Version 2.2.0 provided limited editing of Xbox savegames. You cannot add or delete powers/classes/feats but the following edits are supported:

• Savegame Name
  • Player Name
  • Gender (PC, NPC)
  • Appearance (PC, NPC)
  • Portrait (PC, NPC)
  • Soundset (PC, NPC)
  • Attributes (PC, NPC)
  • Global Variables
  • Time Played
  • Cheat Used flag
  • Min1HP
  • Experience (PC, Party)
  • Good/Evil alignment (PC, NPC)
  • Skills (PC, NPC)
  • Credits
  • Inventory stack (you can change the quantity of an existing that you have)

Huge thanks goes out to balaco for being the main guinea pig for all this.

(Nothing new for PC users at this time.)

Archived