Home

Cultistcommando NPC

jojobob

has anyone here ever spawned a cultistcommando NPC? he looks like one of those cultists without a lightsaber who uses force only, and this one holds 2 blaster pistols! he uses them both and raises both arms so there's apparently an animation for it (although he shows no sign of kickback when he shoots so i could be wrong), and that's about it. but i tried playermodel cultistcommando and it makes me look like him but without 2 pistols.

a while back i made a pistol mod to make the pistol shoot red lasers and increase the rate of fire. because he's using both pistols, he shoots even faster and i want to know if anybody has found a way to give one dual pistols :D

The dual pistols are not part of the model. The dual pistols are activated when an NPC's class is set to "COMMANDO". In a mod of mine, I replaced the Cultist that uses the standard E-11 Blaster Rifle with one using dual pistols. This way, the Cultist Commando would be on the Vjun3 map. Here's what the NPC file looks like:

• cultist
    {
    playerModel cultist
    weapon WP_BLASTER_PISTOL
    FP_LEVITATION 2
    rank ltcomm
    reactions 5
    aim 5
    move 5
    aggression 5
    evasion 4
    intelligence 5
    hfov 160
    vfov 160
    playerTeam TEAM_ENEMY
    enemyTeam TEAM_PLAYER
    class CLASS_COMMANDO
    class CLASS_REBORN
    snd cultist3
    sndcombat cultist3
    sndextra cultist3
    yawSpeed 140
    walkSpeed 55
    runSpeed 200
    health 250
    dismemberProbHead 100
    dismemberProbArms 100
    dismemberProbLegs 100
    dismemberProbHands 100
    dismemberProbWaist 100
    }

does anyone know whats wrong with the npc i tried to make?

uberkyle

{

fullName "uberkyle"

playerModel kyle

weapon WP_BLASTER_PISTOL

FP_LEVITATION 3

FP_PULL 3

FP_PUSH 3

FP_SEE 3

FP_SPEED 3

FP_ABSORB 3

FP_HEAL 3

FP_PROTECT 3

FP_TELEPATHY 3

FP_GRIP 3

FP_LIGHTNING 3

FP_DRAIN 1

forcePowerMax 200

rank captain

aggression 5

aim 5

evasion 5

intelligence 5

move 5

reactions 5

playerTeam TEAM_PLAYER

enemyTeam TEAM_ENEMY

class CLASS_COMMANDO

health 800

hfov 160

vfov 160

yawSpeed 140

walkSpeed 55

runSpeed 200

snd cultist3

sndcombat cultist3

sndextra cultist3

sndjedi kyle_boss

dismemberProbArms 10

dismemberProbHands 20

}

he won't do jack, just uses one pistol and is almost as dumb as a tk or a rebel just with slightly better aim and a lot higher health

he acts better but he still won't use 2 pistols :(

uberkyle

{

fullName "uberkyle"

playerModel kyle

weapon WP_BLASTER_PISTOL

FP_LEVITATION 3

FP_PULL 3

FP_PUSH 3

FP_SEE 3

FP_SPEED 3

FP_ABSORB 3

FP_HEAL 3

FP_PROTECT 3

FP_TELEPATHY 3

FP_GRIP 3

FP_LIGHTNING 2

FP_DRAIN 1

forcePowerMax 200

rank captain

aggression 5

aim 5

evasion 5

intelligence 5

move 5

reactions 5

playerTeam TEAM_PLAYER

enemyTeam TEAM_ENEMY

class CLASS_COMMANDO

class CLASS_REBORN

health 800

hfov 160

vfov 160

yawSpeed 140

walkSpeed 55

runSpeed 200

snd cultist3

sndcombat cultist3

sndextra cultist3

dismemberProbArms 10

dismemberProbHands 20

}

The dual pistols are not part of the model. The dual pistols are activated when an NPC's class is set to "COMMANDO". In a mod of mine, I replaced the Cultist that uses the standard E-11 Blaster Rifle with one using dual pistols. This way, the Cultist Commando would be on the Vjun3 map. Here's what the NPC file looks like:

strange, those guys had one gun, and jumped around shooting.. things like that... unless it was on jedi master... i know.. i know.. i should play it on that...

You can get an NPC to use double pistols by setting the class to "Class_Reborn" with a rank of at least "ltcomm" or higher. Class_commando does not do anything. Oh, yeah and you have to set weapon to wp_blaster_pistol ofcourse. Also, i think it might only work for enemy teams, but i'm not sure about that.

I made a template for it in the NPC tool.

Check it out here:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/3648

Originally posted by jojobob

if you open up the cultistcommando npc with a text editor, you will see that it says this on the classes par:

// class CLASS_COMMANDO

class CLASS_REBORN

i wonder why they put the commando class if they disregarded it (//)

Yes, I was puzzled by this as well. As we just found out in this thread, there is no such class as COMMANDO. It's possible that Raven programmers were originally going to make dual pistols activated by a COMMANDO class but they decided not to.

it's really cool spawning a whole bunch of them, and then a rancor because after you provoke the rancor, it will start attacking them and about 5 of them will kill in a minute or 2!

anyway,

so has anyone figured out how to make it work for the player without mind trick?

Originally posted by jojobob

so has anyone figured out how to make it work for the player without mind trick?

This is impossible to do, in single player that is. There is absolutely no way to allow your player to use NPC-only weapons and/or classes. Although with the multiplayer source code out, a mod could enable players to use dual pistols.

Archived