Home

Seige-Hoth-Dissappearing Bridge/Droid Head...WTF!

porkchopexpress

Okay, so this may be old news to most of you, but I've been playing Seige long enough now, that I myself would like to know what the dilly is on the Hoth bugs. I hate when people lame the bridge and the access codes, but I'd lower my own standards and be a lamer myself just to even the odds against those Mo-Fos! Now the question is...HOW? What exactly are these lame asses doing? Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!

I belive xmod2 is fixing the bridge dissappearing bug. You want people to post publicly about these bugs? so it will leak even more and everyone will know? meaning more people will be tempted to do them, it won't solve your problem.

I knew I was pressing my luck with this. I don't know why it's such a big secret. This isn't the gay-boyscouts here! Anyway, here's what I've been told so far (Thanks by the way). For the bridge trick, you need to get to it while it's extending. I was told that you either throw a thermal detonator at it, or drive the at-st off the cliff in front of it (as it's extending). As for the access codes, I guess you can use the heavy repeater (trigger 2) and blast the droid into the wall. Other weapons may work also (with secondary fire?). I've also heard about using force push on it. Well, I haven't tried these yet, and this may be a bunch of BS, but am I even on the right track? Thanks again! Cheers.

Originally posted by porkchopexpress

I knew I was pressing my luck with this. I don't know why it's such a big secret. This isn't the gay-boyscouts here! Anyway, here's what I've been told so far (Thanks by the way). For the bridge trick, you need to get to it while it's extending. I was told that you either throw a thermal detonator at it, or drive the at-st off the cliff in front of it (as it's extending). As for the access codes, I guess you can use the heavy repeater (trigger 2) and blast the droid into the wall. Other weapons may work also (with secondary fire?). I've also heard about using force push on it. Well, I haven't tried these yet, and this may be a bunch of BS, but am I even on the right track? Thanks again! Cheers.

Wrong. :xp:

Originally posted by porkchopexpress

Yeah you shouldnt have said that, now i wont be surprised if people are spamming that glitch in every hoth server. :rolleyes:

I've only seen the bridge disappear once or twice and both times it was just a random glitch.

Now you're saying that people can MAKE IT HAPPEN ON PURPOSE??? (on a pure server? in 1.01??)

Okay, if you were really serious about helping the community, rather than futily trying to "keep this a secret" you would share your info IMMEDIATLEY with Raven Software.

Send an email/PM to ChangKhan[Raven] (aka Mike Gummelt) right now with all the information you have on these "glitches."

If true, these would definately be game stopping bugs and if anything could warrant a new patch this would be one of those.

PS: The chokepoints on Hoth don't "ruin" the map, since you can easily bypass them using Jedi.

Bravo Kurgan, finally someone who gets it! I thought these were just glitches at first too, but lately people have been taking credit for the bridge/access codes dissappearing. I simply wanted to know what the hell these players were doing so I can try to spot WHO is doing it, and if worst comes to worst do the same thing back to them (to even things up)! That's all. Jesus, you people need to lighten up! To those who gave me some insight, thanks again! And by the way, Kurgan, I for one am going to contact the game developers to see if they're in the know. A new patch would solve everything! Case closed. Cheers!

Originally posted by Kurgan

I've only seen the bridge disappear once or twice and both times it was just a random glitch.

Now you're saying that people can MAKE IT HAPPEN ON PURPOSE??? (on a pure server? in 1.01??)

It can be done on purpose, in all servers in basejk & basejka, after no success of endless reports to raven, I sent Master HeX a demo of myself doing it on my own server, so he can correct the exploit and he said he would.

What I object to is the attitude that's like:

"Oh I know of this glitch that totally ruins the game, but I'm either going to A) Pretend it doesn't exist and just hope ignoring the problem will make it go away or B) Bitch and moan that the game sucks but won't say how or why"

So prove me wrong, talk to Mike Gummelt, Kenn Hoekstra, James Monroe, etc and get them to fix/explain it, etc.

Getting mod makers to release fixes is fine and dandy, but the majority of players who don't use those specific mods will still have to put up with the glitches.

So do your part. If you are afraid to talk to them, PM me with the info and I'll forward it on to them ASAP.

Archived