Home

Beta Testers! Beta Testers! Beta Testers!

razorace

Originally posted by Master_Keralys

Sounds good. Who's been working on the menus and whatnot? Cause I figure I'll pm 'em with info on the SP menus that are so weirded out. Maybe six'll do it, I haven't had a chance to try it yet b/c I was out for two weeks, but...

Post about it here. Teancum and I did most of them.

Do you know of anyone interested in a comprehensive bot rework? B/c as is they're horrid and, as much as I love it, OJPE is just not worth playing for fun b/c I can't really play it with anyone. I'll keep testing and whatnot, but... if you know of anyone, I'll post a thread on the topic.

Agreed, already on it. Progress is slow since I'm in the middle of my consulting job.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Progress is slow since I'm in the middle of my consulting job.
Not a problem, obviously.
Post about it here. Teancum and I did most of them.
As in, in this thread, or was that supposed to be a link? If it's here, I'll just quote my post earlier on it:
There are also serious problems with the SP saber selection menu. The Skywalker, Retribution, and Stinger names do not show up, and the view simply locks on to the last saber selected before those reach that point.

Moreover, the menu does not show any additional hilts. As an example, I recently downloaded the <A> hilt pack, and it shows up just fine in the regular SP windows, but it does not show up at all in the OJP SP window.

And in recent testing, I've also noticed that no other hilt pack functions, I'm not sure why. All the other menu stuff seems to be fine. Oh, actually: the saber-dismemberment stuff doesn't work either; it says that it's getting a write-protection error or something.

Everything else is looking good; I'll try beta 6 as soon as I get time from school again.

I have a question regarding the extra additional stances (Desann and Tavion).

Is there a cvar to disable both?

I went through the documentation only finding the version history indicating it had been added and nothing more.

All right, I'll see if I can find that buried, archived thread and get to cracking on it; who knows when it'll be done (hopefully within a couple of weeks, but we'll see... depends on my school and work schedules).

As I haven't had a chance to play b6 yet: did you update the color thing for their stances? If not, my suggestion would be a purple and an orange, or something like that...

Hi, i recognized some little Bugs with the german version of JA.

SP

-The Advanced Settings and the Controls -> Other/New Settings were not saved

-The Settings "Saber animation Speed" and "Corpsal Removal Time" are default nothing(no text)

-If i change Saber animation Speed to Normal and start or load a game its set back to Slow

-At the Screen where i can choose my lightsaber the new handholds havo no name

Why are several features not included in the sp mode?

(Dodge System, "bad" Katas removed, using the Lightsaber needs Force power, Force Power don't regenerate if i run or use the lightsaber)

MP

-If i loaded the Mod i saw in the Mod menu:

O

O

JO

instead of:

OJP: Basic...

OJP: Enhanced..

JA+ Mod v1.8

-I and the bots can't damage someone with the lightsaber.

Maybe my settings are wrong(left them default) or the dodge system works too good

-Don't know if it is, but the chance to met someone with the lightsaber should be the same if i walk and when i stay.

This Mod is going to be my favorite one....great work!

Sorry for my bad english, if you don't understand anything.....ask me

I forgott, if someone explains me how i could do the german translation

Manu

Originally posted by Manu

SP

-The Advanced Settings and the Controls -> Other/New Settings were not saved

-If i change Saber animation Speed to Normal and start or load a game its set back to Slow

There's not much we can do that about. Unfortunately, these cvars don't have the archive flag.

-The Settings "Saber animation Speed" and "Corpsal Removal Time" are default nothing(no text)

That maybe something we can fix. Try talking to Teancum about it.

-At the Screen where i can choose my lightsaber the new handholds havo no name

I suspect that this is due to there not being a German translation for the mod.

Why are several features not included in the sp mode?

(Dodge System, "bad" Katas removed, using the Lightsaber needs Force power, Force Power don't regenerate if i run or use the lightsaber)

Can't. The SP source code hasn't been released.

MP

-If i loaded the Mod i saw in the Mod menu:

O

O

JO

instead of:

OJP: Basic...

OJP: Enhanced..

JA+ Mod v1.8

It's a known bug with the menu files. I haven't heard back from Teancum yet.

-I and the bots can't damage someone with the lightsaber.

Maybe my settings are wrong(left them default) or the dodge system works too good

you probably just need to change the settings like suggested.

-Don't know if it is, but the chance to met someone with the lightsaber should be the same if i walk and when i stay.

You mean the blocking chances? There's only a difference between running and walking/standing.

I forgott, if someone explains me how i could do the german translation
Well that would be cool. I'd have to do some editing first to make it work thou. I'm a bit busy at the moment but hopefully in a week or so I'll have the time.

I was trying the Beta for Basic and came across this:

BlackSword.jpg

(I didn't notice this earlier since I don't normally have anything other than sabers in the base folder. :) )

If the saber blade color is set to black when a sword hilt was selected the blade trail shows during swings. It doesn't show when they aren't being swung.

If I go to the saber menu and choose a different color, the sword shows as intended.

Maybe it's just a side effect of the way the black saber was implemented.

It does look interesting though.

Speaking of saber colours the Alora and Cultist bots have blue sabers. Shouldn't the Cultist have a single saber anyway?

And another thing, can ya tweak the bots so Desann uses the Retribution, Kyle the Katarn and Tavion the Stinger? It's odd not seeing them use their respective sabers like ya did with Luke.

I'll doublecheck and see if other pk3s are interfering with OJP Enhanced 002b6. Malak is the only model with the visual weapons tags right? I'll have to grab him and see how that looks.

hmmm, it's not suppose to do that. Are you sure the code part of the mod is actually running?

And all that data is stored in the bot files. Feel free to make the changes and submit them, but I'm too busy to mess with it now. Sorry.

Originally posted by Lei Hng Wei

Speaking of saber colours the Alora and Cultist bots have blue sabers. Shouldn't the Cultist have a single saber anyway?

That's odd though, because with me Alora is using the RGB sabers that constantly change color. That saber stuff can easily be changed though if you open the pk3 and change some settings. The color of the saber and hilts they use is in the .bot file in the scripts folder for add-on models, and in a bots.txt file in the botfiles folder for the models that come with the game.

Yup, found bots.txt easy enough and see how the Cultist and above mentioned sabers can be fixed. A little confused with Alora's rgbscript (pimp code?) but I'm no coder. :confused:

The problem I have is if I tweak it, I can't turn it back into a pk3 to test it. As far as I know, there's no apps to make pk3s for Macs and yes, I Googled and badgered my friends to no avail.

Guess I'm not really helping am I. :(

Yup, found bots.txt easy enough and see how the Cultist and above mentioned sabers can be fixed. A little confused with Alora's rgbscript (pimp code?) but I'm no coder. :confused:

The problem I have is if I tweak it, I can't turn it back into a pk3 to test it. As far as I know, there's no apps to make pk3s for Macs and yes, I Googled and badgered my friends to no avail.

Guess I'm not really helping am I. :(

Well how do you open the pk3's? I'm sorry, I'm not all that familar with Macs so I wouldn't know. Does the rest of the mod work like normal on a Mac? (Meaning are the code changes universal?)

I don't use any special zipping utility, all I use is Window's built in compression tools. I open the pk3's by renaming the file extension to zip. (Example: ojpbeta.pk3 = ojpbeta.zip) I have to extract files and then change what I want. After that I send everything back to zip, and rename the file extension from zip to pk3.

If Macs have a similar zipping function, maybe the same thing could be done, but like I said I've only used them a little so I really don't know. Sorry I can't help more. :(

To quote the rgbsabers readme file, this explains the numbering used with Alora's sabers, and the simpilar single color version used for the cultist.

rgb_script1 & rgb_script2

//usage :

rgb_script1 :R1,G1,B1:T1:R2,G2,B2:t2:

with R1, G1, and B1 being the rgb params of the color number 1.

you have up to 10 color slots for each scripted sabers.

T1 is the transition time between color 1 and color 2 in milliseconds.

example:

rgb_script1 :255,0,0:500:255,0,255:500:0,0,255:500:

this script will make a saber that is red and then changes to purple

and then to blue with a transition time of half a second (500 millisecs) between each color changes.

EDIT: Razorace, I noticed that when playing the mod if i use any gun in first person mode and then pull out my saber(s) I automatically go to first person (which is rather disorienting.) Would it be possible to make it so that first person for sabers has to be entered manually. It just seems odd to jump to first person and then "search" for the perspective view button to go back to third person.

Originally posted by 7th Jedi

I open the pk3's by renaming the file extension to zip. (Example: ojpbeta.pk3 = ojpbeta.zip) I have to extract files and then change what I want. After that I send everything back to zip, and rename the file extension from zip to pk3.

I can open them no problem with StuffIt Expander, renaming the zipped folder to .pk3 is where it gets messy. It just hides the .zip extension, so when I go and manually remove the .zip in the Info (folder.pk3.zip), it just unzips it. No PAK compressor or File/Creator app that can change the zip extension were found. :(

Most of the text files I can edit and save. It's the .glm and stuff I don't have the apps to read 'em yet. They look like gibberish.

A bunch of the mod doesn't seem to be working for me. RGB sabers, holstering, blocking. Any other Mac users having problems with the beta? :confused:

I can open them no problem with StuffIt Expander, renaming the zipped folder to .pk3 is where it gets messy. It just hides the .zip extension, so when I go and manually remove the .zip in the Info (folder.pk3.zip), it just unzips it. No PAK compressor or File/Creator app that can change the zip extension were found. :(

I don't know if it's the same on Macs, but on my computer I had to choose an option that told the computer NOT to hide known file extensions. Look and see if there is a system option anywhere that will show the known file extensions. (Example: readme.txt shows the file extension.) If there is such an option then renaming it from zip to pk3 might be possible.

Most of the text files I can edit and save. It's the .glm and stuff I don't have the apps to read 'em yet. They look like gibberish.

The .glm's are the actual models themselves. You would need a modeling program, such as 3ds Max, to import the model. That's only useful if you plan on editing the model itself in anyway.

alright ive tested the enhanced version of your mod and i must say i was kinda disapointed

first off i dont like the auto dodging. a hit should be a hit. plus it takes too long to kill someone especialy if its a CTF it would be impossible. and not to mention it leaves a big gap because guns become way more effective than a saber which goes against all of the JK series. not to mention how slow the sabers are. its impossible for me to be hit lol! and i dont like that it takes force to swing the saber...that shouldnt be there at all. and the two extra saber styles i dont like...when i need to use blue lunge i want to be able to switch to it in a heart beat. not cycle through two other styles. keep the traditional sabers but bump it up with fixes and extra emotes and wall grabbing and make it so the player holds his wound when he stands still...dont change the sabers pllllzzz. oh yeah and get rid of the cartwheel if you can :)

I've been getting some requests for a new beta release (perferably with the new TAB Bot). I'm going to be shooting for a beta release (either of Enhanced or Basic) by Friday.

I know it's been a while, but please hang with us there. I've been pretty busy with my consulting job and all the new OJP features that are being worked on are pretty complex.

Archived