Home

**OFFICIAL**: SIEGE Star Destroyer is OUT!!!

Andy867

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find that there are still very few servers that host this map. Most all that do have a password restriction... bummer :(

Oh but it is SO fun :D

Hopefully next we'll see some canyon-skirting action ala :deathstar ? Or some reactor-blasting ownage from :deathii: ? Maybe even a more accurate Hoth map (an actual battle on a battlefield, not in a large canyon), complete with :atat: ?

I wouldn't be surprised. Now that the vehicle tuts are out, expect to see a rush of new map experiences. Recreations of famous Star Wars battles! Oh, teh w00t of it all! :D

Dammit, I got in a game finally, I go and get into a ship, it's about to go through the red thing, and i get Cl_flush entity packet error type thing...>.<....

Okay, I joined another server and i spawn, and after a 1 minute, It gives me the error "Illegible server message"?!?!?!?!

GOD DAMN!...Now I just joined another server and it says Cl_ParsePacketEntities!

RAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!11

Somebody help

:(

OK, so after playing on a couple servers (including one that had Andy and Chang in there [go ahead Chang...keep laughing]) i have to say that this is probably the one mod that I have had the most fun on!!! The only thing that could make this better is to somehow pair up with a wingman and have that person show up on the radar as another color...I'm not a modder or mapper so I dont know if that is possible, but it would be cool

AWESOME JOB RAVEN CREW AND EVERYONE THAT HELPED WITH THIS!!!!!!!!

I really like this map, I could play it all day, the only thing I found annoying was the objective messages, they go off alot, and each time one comes up it gets in the way of the crosshair, I found it very distractive.

And to think this is only the beginning of quality Siege Maps... Oh and Chang, you should be glad I didnt have my A-WING!!!!!!

Spacebutler ----> Lack of support? Chang and the other guys have been working hard to not only give us the Bonus Mappack, plus one of the fastest patches for a Jedi Knight game, but also a SIEGE map, and the guys are helping on Asteroids, and who knows what they are up to in Madison, WI....

Well, the lack of a working server browser and the corresponding lack of playable mutliplayer. After quite some time of not being able to find games to join I found out what was wrong with it. (Apparently using the server browser means I'm a noob). Then there were the serious ati issues and other bugs, (note: nothing to do with gameplay adjustments). Then after a long time thinking they'd fix it as a last resort I posted an unhappy, but polite, post on the raven forums, at which point the moderator and a few others flamed me. I was then banned. I sent a polite email to raven about how I'd been a loyal customer but felt the lack of support, and the boards, made it so that I wouldn't buy from them in the future. The pr guy emailed back asking for some more info, and then never responded afterwards.

I was just playing this map under the name Zoidberg, it's AWESOME, but the rebels need to be able to sspawn randomly around the star destroyer, all the ties fire in one spot, killing the rebels before we can turn.

(by the way, andy, manquesa, great game!)

Team members: "Red 1-5, standing by."

Team leader: "Red Leader, standing by."

Me(zoidberg): "Red lobster, standing by. Woopwoopwoopwoopwoop!"

EDIT: Also, the rebels loosing cutscene was hilarious! :D;):deathstar

Yea that was fun.. Changkahn and I had a person vendetta, on each other:)

But listed below are some of the servers hosting Siege Destroyer that I felt were the most stable *but not perfect just yet*

°FUNServer°: 64.246.58.193:29070

[JSA] Jedi Academy Server: 69.57.141.214:29070

-/337-Siege Destroyer-OC48: 66.135.33.99:29070

{JE} Default CTF Server|125ms|216.12.201.206:29070

Others will definitely sprout up, but the main thing to keep in mind is to make sure that you dont set the sv_maxclients and sv_maxrate to a # that your server simply cant support. Like I know my server can only handle 6 people at 6000 rate. so I wouldnt go any higher than that.

Archived