Home

**OFFICIAL**: SIEGE Star Destroyer is OUT!!!

Andy867

Originally posted by Master William

I can't join a single server with this mod because I get the error "Couldn't find siege classes" or "Server uses protocol 24" or it even starts up and then suddenly shuts down.

Protocol 24 means the server is using the retail version. (1.00)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by manoman81

Yeah I was on a server where this person or whatever decided it would be funny to fly ships into everyone. The team I was on couldn't even come close to completeling any objective because of this kid....

On the subject of Jedis jumping the aircrafts, someone jumped on me right as I was lifting up to take off and I sorta killed....Sorry who ever that was....

Happened serveral time to me. Why are those idiots jump on my X-Wing?!?

It's quite funny when 2 imperials are trying to get inside the same ship, and one of them drops down to space :D

Hey, did ya know that once the shields are down (tractor beam is all that's left) you can board the imperial hangar and take ties, I've had the rebels leave the tractor beam until 30 seconbds left after stealing all 8 imperial ties (teams were unbalanced) and leaving them stuck in the hangar!

Also, if you low down your ship as much as possible, you can pass THROUGH the shield as both imperial and rebel, but you'll usually get shot before you can try it.

Originally posted by Andy867

You mean like voice commands and such? I use them all the time. Like Stick together, and I require some assistance, or I'm coming. Just stuff like that I use. and the occasional "MEDIC":)

Teamspeak and Ventrilo software allow Voice over IP (VoIP) communication, so you can actually talk to other people you are playing with\against in an online game.

Yes, no more typing, no more "chatkills", no more chatbinds, just real-time voice communication with wireless (cell phone) sound quality.

And it's free!

If everyone used it, online gaming would be so much better.

Unfortunately, 95% of people are too lazy to download free maps, map packs, client-server mods, etc., even semi-offficial JA Bonus Map Packs from Raven, much less something like Teamspeak or Ventrilo that takes 5 minutes to set up, so forget it.

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

Teamspeak and Ventrilo software allow Voice over IP (VoIP) communication, so you can actually talk to other people you are playing with\against in an online game.

Yes, no more typing, no more "chatkills", no more chatbinds, just real-time voice communication with wireless (cell phone) sound quality.

And it's free!

If everyone used it, online gaming would be so much better.

Unfortunately, 95% of people are too lazy to download free maps, map packs, client-server mods, etc., even semi-offficial JA Bonus Map Packs from Raven, much less something like Teamspeak or Ventrilo that takes 5 minutes to set up, so forget it.

I'm just fine with my ocasional

(when with rebels) Red_Leader: Red leader standing by

(when with empire) Alpha_Leader: Alpha leader standing by

(yes, I have binds that changes my name :cool: )

Thanks for the tips AIVAS!

Those voice programs sound interesting. As long as they don't require any special equipment (maybe I'll get one of those microphone headsets just the same) or cause extra lag I'm all for trying them out.

I remember back in the day people raved about Roger Wilco, but it was shareware and didn't work with my soundcard (at the time). I never did get around to trying it for online gaming...

Voice Commands are rather helpful in Siege and in Destroyer especially!

Wait a second... I thought Asteroids was the siege_destroyer map? Oh god I'm confused...

Destroyer is the two hangars and the small asteroid field around the ISD.

Asteroids by contrast is two (slightly different) hangars and a HUGE asteroid field. It actually has two maps, one with an addition giant asteroid in the center that you can fly through, and the other without the giant asteroid.

Asteroids adds four new ships plus numerous tweaks and bug fixes to the formula as well.

Originally posted by Kurgan

Destroyer is the two hangars and the small asteroid field around the ISD.

Asteroids by contrast is two (slightly different) hangars and a HUGE asteroid field. It actually has two maps, one with an addition giant asteroid in the center that you can fly through, and the other without the giant asteroid.

Asteroids adds four new ships plus numerous tweaks and bug fixes to the formula as well.

I assume it's impossible to explain the difference without advertising Astroids :rolleyes:

Archived