Home

So what *do* you want in the new DVD Trilogy

txa1265

OK, so everyone and their brother has taken the obligatory shot at the 'greedo shoots first' change that they *don't* want to see.

But what changes *do* you want to see?

Personally I'd love to see (in RotJ) two things that speak to Luke's development as a Jedi.

- The undone scene where Luke builds his saber and overcomes his uncertainty and finally comes to terms with the Force. Well done in the book, IMO.

- A scene I'd love to see - after the destruction of the Death Star, we know that the imperial fleet is in chaos and is routed. I would love to see Luke say 'the Emperor was wrong, I *do* understand' - and proceed to use some form of Battle Meditation to aid his underpowered and outnumbered forces defeating the Imperial fleet. I feel that would add some depth to him - show that his destiny and power do not end with the Death Star battle.

In TESB, I'd love something that shows the timeline that Luke is on Dagobah - it would make sense that he is there for a while, and that what holds him back is not insufficient training but his own inability to let go and trust his connection to the Force - that is what hurts him against Vader.

In ANH - Imperial Theme.

Would these poison the originals? Who cares - include them too!

Mike

I would like to see Jar Jar in every scene of every movie.

:D

Ok...just kiddin':rolleyes:

It's been a long time since I last watched them, but I'd like to see something liking Darth Vader as Threepio's maker. (Correct me if thats already been done).

Also, take out the scene with Luke kissing Leia....she's his sister, which is...disgusting. I can't actually remember much about them...

*Walks to shelves and takes out Star Wars videos*

All I want fixed is that ****ing awful Rancor shot :xp: Oh, and the EpIV sabers would be nice too.

Everything else if sweet IMHO.

I'd like some deleted scenes as extras, but not in the films. And Lucas+Cast commentary, but it looks like we're getting that anyway.

I for one don't give two ****s who shoots first. And I know I'm not alone here ;)

:DB.

They should show a flash back to show what REALLY happened in EP2...bastard LUCAS I HATE YOU YOU RUINED IT FOR EVERYONE BY GIVING IN TO THE IDIOT MASSES AND HAVING YODA FIGHT!! THEY COULD WAIT ANOTHE 3 YEARS GOD DAMMIT!!

For those of you who DON'T know what I'm talking about, it has come to my attention that Anakin was really suposed to own Dooku. Dunno if its true(50/50 reliable source), but it would make sense.

The only reason I want the Greedo-Han Solo scene fixed...is because it looks like a pile of garbage at the moment.

You can see how they tried to make Han dodge the shot, and then shoot back, and you just have to think to yourself: 'wtf0x0rz lucas, 1997 special effects r teh sux0rz j00 n00b' ;)

Deleted Scenes, yeah...

I always liked the Puppet Yoda, so don't take him away or I shall raid Skywalker Ranch with a horde of enraged Star Wars Fanboys!

Originally posted by Kain

....For those of you who DON'T know what I'm talking about, it has come to my attention that Anakin was really suposed to own Dooku. Dunno if its true(50/50 reliable source), but it would make sense.

Kain, calm down.... !! I dont think Anakin would've entirely gotten over the fact that Dooku 'owned' him on Geonosis, this will give him some impetus for acting with malice towards him in Ep3..... It was an important and painful lesson anakin has learnt as a result of that confrontation.....

who is this 50/50 source, kenny baker's midget apparel dry cleaner ? yep, and my dad is da prezident of Microsoft, already....

*huge sigh*

Its funny and irritating hearing about people who KNOW George Lucas so well they discuss script changes and story deviations with him, then tell someone to spread the word on a fan forum....

*assumes posture not unlike that painting, "The Scream"*

MTFBWYA

Originally posted by txa1265

OK, so everyone and their brother has taken the obligatory shot at the 'greedo shoots first' change that they *don't* want to see.

But what changes *do* you want to see?

Mike

Mike, these type of threads are nuthin but trouble I tellz ya !

I look forward to seeing Bail Antilles and alderaan in ANH, and maybe some of the real deleted scenes, not the ones that exist in ppls minds....

ie. 'real' scenes which would be great to see re-inserted :

*Han with saucy lookin lady on lap in cantina

*Luke with Camie and Fixer at Toschi station

*Biggs trying to recruit Luke on Tatooine

*3rd/first POV shots of 3po drivin the speeder through canyons when theyre looking for artoo

MTFBWYA

Obvioiusly the commentaries. I'd like to see two editions, really: the OT in its classic glory, and an "Ultimate Edition" with everything updated and brought into the modern fold. Sprucing up the space battles in ANH and TESB and whatnot, that sort of thing. Completely redoing the lightsabers in modern style so they look right. Those sorts of things. Maybe even add a few new scenes w/the Emperor in ANH, since he might as well not even exist, despite the fact that he's the most important person in the entire PT...

But give us both the "Ultimates" I discussed her and the classics!!!

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

Mike, these type of threads are nuthin but trouble I tellz ya !

Not really - everyone has been productive and polite, and since none of it means anything anyway, why not just dream out loud, since many of us are going to buy them no matter what.

Mike

Originally posted by txa1265

....everyone has been productive and polite...

...many of us are going to buy them no matter what....

Mike

yes, and yes ! It will be excellent to see them in dvd format. I mean, the VHS were premium quality, but after a few dozen play-throughs would eventually start to show wear.... and not to metion the beauty of finally being able to jump to your favourite scene with ease.... battle of yavin, battle of hoth, esb & rotj saber duel.... cool :p

MTFBWYA

Originally posted by ExcelsioN

They should make Yoda using computer graphics...scrap the old puppet Yoda.

They should do the same to all the animals/creatures, especially Jabba's monkey-thing. They all look really dated now.

If they do that then there is no way i am buying them. The new yoda is cool, but the old one has way more charm and character and is much cooler. Watch your special edition videos again and i promise you, the CGI creatures they have inserted everywhere look WAYY MORE FAKE than the original puppets do. THey were pretty poor cgi when they were done, and cgi has moved on so quick that they have dated horribly. The rancor matting could be improved though.

Personally I would just like the original, unaltered films with the artifacts around the spaceships removed. But as I have said that before I'll try to think of stuff that might be cool to see:

Deleted Scenes:

- Luke jumping out of the rancor pit but having his hands bashed by jabba's court to make him drop back down.

- Imperial guards trying to stop vader entering the throne room and vader makig them step aside

- THe additional throne room stuff with the spies, imperial guards, etc...

Edits:

- Make Han less of a bumbling comedy sidekick in ROTJ

CGi Upgrades:

- Rancor matting

- Boxes around tie fighters in ANH and ESB

- replace all ewoks with wookies on endor

Reairing mistakes:

- Remove all special edition rubbish like the jabba scene, extra dance number, greedo shooting first.

- put back yub yub music at end of ROTJ

Thats all i can think of. :D

Originally posted by toms

Personally I would just like the original, unaltered films with the artifacts around the spaceships removed.

Personally I would love the movies I saw in the theaters as a preteen & teenager.

Then I'd also have no problem with whatever Special/Ultimate/Megaman Edition GL wants to put out.

I just hope that the original editions make it as archival output someday.

Mike

Looking back at that post, it is only really ROTJ that i want any changes to, but then i always did think it was the weakest of the three (in certain places).

I saw an issue of that official starwars mag a few months back that listed deleted/rumoured scenes and a few sounded quite interesting... but the vader throne room ones are the only ones that stand out.

I had a ROTJ storybook as a kid with loads of photos in and it had the details of luke trying to jump out of the rancor pit and a pic of him hanging from the grill... so they obviously filmed it. I think i read that book so many times that when i finally got to see the film again i was amazed to find that it wasn't in the film. In my memory it had merged into the film.

Archived