Home

Vehicles: This is worrying...

Wai_TungLeung

This is a quote from page 4 of UK PC Gamer

"Don't expect every possible tank, hovercraft, or Ewok hang-glider to be included with Battlefront for completeness' sake. Jim understands there is a fine line to be walked.

"Every vehicle has to make sense. For instance, the only difference between a TIE fighter and a TIE-Interceptor in the Star Wars Universe is that the TIE-Interceptor is a faster upgraded version. Unless there's a really meaningful difference, we're really not going to put it in. We'd certainly put the TIE-Bomber in, because that offers an entirely different function to the TIE-fighter or the TIE-interceptor. It really depends on the battle experience. On the wide oepn maps we'll probably include the most variaty of vehicles."

I think it would be a shame if they did that, because that could mean many of the EU vehicles would not feature. I can understand the TIE-Interceptor not for sure going in because at the moment there is no space fighting ablities.

It could mean they would stuff the other vehicles on an expansion for space or other. Or they could offer it as a free download extra. But it is not all bad since mod tools will allow us to make our own clone version (but would look like a dodgy car from a second hand car salesman).

I think Pandemic and Lucasarts can work together to bring a good Star Wars game with lots of movie vehicles and starships. I mean more than 15 or so that was mentioned in the press release. They did it with Star Wars Clone Wars. There was at least 25-30 types of vehicles and starships in that game. They have plenty of time between now and the fall of 2004 to come with a nice game. I bet they will release it in November or December 2004.

Originally posted by ExcelsioN

We've all seen what the team behind Desert Combat did to BF1942, so what's to stop an equally skilled mod team making a bigger variety of vehicles and using ones from the EU?

Once again showing that the PC version will be superior. :)

I believe vehicles like the TIE Interceptor and other similar vehicles to ones already in the main game will be released as downloadable content through patches.

The expansion will focus of probobly different types of vehicles rather than ones similar to the main game.

"Every vehicle has to make sense"

Star Wars is fantasy. None of the Vehicles make sense. Ever try to get a Y-wing or a B-wing off the ground.

The Wright bros. would have a better chance to get there first plane in the air, than try to make a Tie Fighter air worthy.

:D:c3po:;)

if battlefront will dissapoint most ppl in vehicles, expect some modded ones..

It doesnt make sense indeed to have 2 ties, one better than the ladder UNLESS you build something on the map that replaces the advanced one with the first one, giving some more stategic thingy in the game. Otherwise they'll just have to make more signifant differences (speed, damage, turning speed)

I don't expect any vehicle from the expanded universe, it's the ULTIMATE STAR WARS MOVIE EXPERIENCE they want to create

Archived