Home

Armies?

izepix

I saw how my buddy plays Battelfield 1942: Desert Combat mod with the 21st CW armies.

I was wondering if armies will be devolped in Battlefront like that. With real ranks and chains of command and such for the serious gamer. Or if every one will just go the solo and guild routes.

I saw how that army thing works. It really is good for those of us who like to play in an enviroment with "serious" players and no dumb TKers.

So far we know there will be classes, but I dunno if these will relate to any rankings. I would imagin that they would include it seeing how they are trying [too much] to make it like Battlefield 1942.

I hope that there will be teamwork happening. I have seen a ranking system for the Empire and Rebels with all sorts of nice badges if that is what you're hoping for, but I don't think that will be included. It depends on what you mean by "serious players," I certainly not a team killer (I think that is what TKers means). To be a serious player would it mean having to be very skilled because that is something I'm not.

As far as the armies and rankings are concerned, its just a community made by the players. They just break up into for example, Rebels and Imperials. They make the rules for their armies and such. They set up dates for battles and skirmishes, that sort of thing. It somehow gives the fighting a level of realism when your fighting in a division with a common goal instead of having 50 guys running around with their own goals in mind. Not saying that isn't fun, cause I love doing that too.

As for serious players, I only mean players who do not Teamkill (TK) and players who don't sit there and swear and argue all game long like children. I don't consider a serious gamer to be skilled. Just someone who likes to play with out all the BS.

As for serious players, I only mean players who do not Teamkill (TK) and players who don't sit there and swear and argue all game long like children. I don't consider a serious gamer to be skilled. Just someone who likes to play with out all the BS.

Unavoidable probably. Star Wars games tend to draw younger people than, say, Battlefield 1942 or Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield. As a result, there'll be a lot more idiotic twelve year olds playing the game online.

Well, the way 21st CW were able to handle BS was that they had their own server(s) for their battles and wars. Therefore they could regulate who played and be able to hand out due puinishment for rule and policy infractions.

It seems that they put a lot of work into creating a good playing enviroment.

I hope when they go about making the Confederacy that they will use most if not all of the droids from Episode II Battle of Geonosis scene such as Hailfire Droid, Dwarf Spider Droid, Homing Spider Droid, etc. Yes, I would aslo like to see most of the Trade Federation's included like STAP, TF Tank, Destroyer Droids, and TF droid controlled fighters. I would also like to see Battle droids and super battle droids fighting.

Originally posted by Sounds Risky

You'd be suprised how many 12 year olds play Battlefield.

I've played Battlefield. The game is infested with children, idiots, and whiners. I bet Battlefront will be even worse though.

That's exactly why I was tryin to see if anyone was gonna start up a community like the 21 CW. Where they got their own server(s), ranks, commmanders, stats, and everything. This stuff makes it easier to weed out the "idiots and whiners."

http://www.21stcenturywarfare.net

here's the general idea: http://www.21stcenturywarfare.net/about.asp

browse around the website to really get a feel for what i mean, i think BF would defenitely be ideal for this, for us "serious" gamers

i'm defentely down for starting something like this.

i've seen my buddy play in 21CW, it looks more fun than playing normal. i mean 12 hour battles (come and go as you wish), thats awesome!

lets get this puppy started!

I thought this was a cool idea. Say your the Republic on Naboo and your fighting the Confederacy. I would hope besides fighting side by side with Gungans in the swamp is not the only feature on Naboo Map. I think while your in Theed City you should be allied with Naboo Security also.

If they use Bespin as a map, I would like to see Cloud City Security allie with the Rebels and fight against the Empire.

On Tatoonie besides Tusken Raiders fighting both Empire and Rebels. I would like to see Alien species in Mos Eisley and Mos Espa not choosing sides and fighting both armies. It would cool if they did the same thing using Jabba's goons and maybe have a map in and around his palace.

Originally posted by Taran'atar

I've played Battlefield. The game is infested with children, idiots, and whiners. I bet Battlefront will be even worse though.

How can you be so negative! You origanally said this because you were unhappy about 12 year ods playing! im only 13 and I play seriously, If you are just gonna be like that dont play online at all!

:x-wing::vsd::duel:

Originally posted by Master Davio

How can you be so negative! You origanally said this because you were unhappy about 12 year ods playing! im only 13 and I play seriously, If you are just gonna be like that dont play online at all!

That's exactly the problem. People tend to take games too seriously, throwing tantrums and going into fits of name calling over the most trivial of little things.

"OMFG! U USE GUN TURETTT! U FAG CAMRPE! CAMPAR!"

Maybe I'm wrong, and the Battlefront community will be all right. That'd be a pleasant surprise.

Originally posted by Master Davio

I agree with Master Davio i'm 13 and i play seroiusly. But I also agree with u other guys though some can be really whiny or a brat.:rolleyes:

Archived