Home

WIP: Durge (Clone Wars)

monsoontide

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NO... because as I mentioned earlier he just looks STUPID.:mad:

It's like they were trying to do a new millenium Bobba Fett (Like when they did all those ultra buff Luke Skywalker action figures back in the 90's) and his proportions are all human - very average design - he looks more like a transformer, whereas, the toon version is all distorted, normal legs, huge chest and shoulders, long neck, small head.

Looks like he can take care of himself WITHOUT all the paraphernalia.

Still, I'm sure someone else may give it a go.

Sorry for the rant ;)

Er... Keshire - no, it's not rigged yet... only just finished the UV mapping. All the sections are correct and have caps this time out though.

I would love to make the sounds for your model

--I can give him really clear sounds

-I can create, portray and organize the sounds for him correctly from the cartoon

-It will really give him a strong personality

-I can really make him a tough fearful character

I have a wide variety of star wars sounds

please contact me by email for further inquire

RJW_ca@hotmail.com

PS: everyone the :

-Lama Su,

-Max Rebo,

-Taun We,

-basic Ewok

-sounds are done!!!

RJW_ca "OUT"

RJW_ca - if you can do that, that would be VERY helpful. But I don't seem to recall Durge making any sounds really... (But I've only seen the epsiodes a couple of times since LUCASFILM isn't letting out decent versions until they can sell it all on a DVD.)

I have all the Clone Wars cartoons all in high quality on Discs so finding sounds for him won't be a problem...also any other Star Wars character for that matter- I have many resouces- I'm a BIG Star Wars Fan!!

all I ask is if any character has a mouth please give it animation for realism.

so if you need me let me know!!!!!

RJW_ca@hotmail.com

RJW_ca "OUT"

OK just been busy getting the BETA of my Bast Castle SIEGE map ready for testing (And my work hours are back to normal), so will finally have some time to work on Durge again.

:sweating:

Just have to refine the skin now... And make some lods - then it'll be ready for weighting/rigging.

Then I can start UV mapping the bike

Originally posted by monsoontide

NO... because as I mentioned earlier he just looks STUPID.:mad:

Originally posted by keshire

I'd agree. The comic looks like a run of the mill Bounty Hunter. To "normal" as Monsoon put it. They really took it to the extreme and made him different in the cartoon.

Durge in the cartoon looks like a charecter from Looney Tunes.:rolleyes: Nice model though...;)

Instead of letting this project stagnate while I work on other things... (And Since it's all ready to go to the next stage in production - I'm just procrastinating about doing the skins for it), I was wondering if Psyk0Sith or anyone else may still be interested in starting work on weighting & rigging the damn thing.

Then I would at least have some motivation for finishing the skins ;)

OK - I'll md3 it - though it may be a pain to put it back together. I used the lando player model as a guide to get all the sizes and positioning- though I have no idea how it wil fit to the skeleton and you will have to adjust the legs (and other bits) to get it to fit. I think the biggest problem will be the large upper torso/arms and long neck.

Psyk0Sith

I've sent you the Lightwave version of the object.

Sorry just been so busy - haven't had time to convert it to md3

(If you can't do it in MAX - milkshape can do it (with latest LWO plugin)

Let me know if you have any problems and I'll try and take care of it.

I imagine his proportions will be a complete headache :(

Archived