Home

WIP: Durge (Clone Wars)

monsoontide

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by 7th Jedi

The shader gives it the outline like in PsykOSith's shot, correct?

And the skins look great!:D

Well not exactly, the outline is an inverted duplicate of the model...so the polycount is doubled, that's why i used the LOD version.

The shader is used to create an ink color/shading effect on the textures.

Originally posted by monsoontide

Did you want to keep the toon version exclusive for the clone wars mod? (Nice work on those other models BTW)

Toon DUrge looks really cool moving!

Don't keep it exclusive! They're already hogging one of the best Obi-Wan models made to theirselves. :'(

Originally posted by Psyk0Sith

Well not exactly, the outline is an inverted duplicate of the model...so the polycount is doubled, that's why i used the LOD version.

The shader is used to create an ink color/shading effect on the textures.

Okay, cool. Thanks!

I was wondering how it's all put together. I'll check out the files once it's released.:)

PsykoSith: Any possibility of putting a tutorial for the cel shaded models up on your site? Not the modeling, just the actual effect itself.

That most recent shot looks very cool by-the-way. What's the polycount on the LOD you guys used for the toon version? It still looks good.

I got the info from another site so i could link the page somewhere.

The whole polycount for the cel-shaded version is 4052 (including caps and the jetpack).

It's higher than usual but at least i cut down to 4052 instead of having a 6000+ character.

The LOD itself is 2064 with caps + jetpack, 1800 something without the jetpack.

Archived