• Created
  • Last Reply

If monsoontide can give me the model I could put them in for him

that way I can see if all is well!!!

I hope monsoontide already worked on the readme

--we gotta get this model out there!!!

the sounds sounds Identical to Durge in the cartoon

I used a few sounds fron the cartoon

but I added a little more too--like around 40...hehe;)

this way he won't be so boring repeating the same things all the time

RJW_ca

RJW_ca@hotmail.com

I have heard a sound from RJW, for this Durge model, after comparing it to the Clone Wars sound I can see the exact same tone and pitch these two things share. The sounds is a perfect likeness to Durge, RJW has produced lot of taunts to prevent repeats. :D Great Idea, future modelist may learn here!

Overall RJW had put in a heck of a lot of time to this, I can't wait for this model, and I think we should all congratulate the Team!

Thanks Team Durge

OK - I have the sounds and they seem suitable (Mnay thanks RJW_ca) - can't really say more until I've actually tested them with the model.

All going well, Durge should be available from pcgamemods later tonight - though as per usual, family commitments may interfere with this plan :(

Speeder Bike would delay release unecessarily and while I made a lance, there's no suitable weapon to replace it with except perhaps stun_prod.

Finsihed a metal/gloss shader on the default model. Looks OK.

Sounds all work fine. There was a missing sound (Death3) but I just duped Death1 and called it Death3.

Durge is all ready to go...

Apart from one thing...

For some reason I can't get the clone wars (cel shaded) version to show up as a selectable character on the profile screen.

It should but it doesn't!

I tried making a separate pk3 for it and still the same.

It spawns fine as an npc and you can change to it with /model cw_durge/default, so it's there and it works. Just can't figure out why it doesn't show in the menu.

Any ideas?

Is the icon saved as a jpg?

I know I've had problems with icons not showing up, and then I changed it from a bmp to a jpg and it showed up. :)

Also, I think I've heard that the compression type of the jpg may make a difference, but I'm not positive about that one.

You know, I tried making a brand new pk3 file - same as the other one but new and when I tried it nothing showed up!

So went back to the very original pk3 file and put the new stuff in there and voila! Showed up again - but still no toon version!

Kinda Baffled now!

Originally posted by monsoontide

You know, I tried making a brand new pk3 file - same as the other one but new and when I tried it nothing showed up!

So went back to the very original pk3 file and put the new stuff in there and voila! Showed up again - but still no toon version!

Kinda Baffled now!

When you made that new pk3, were both models still accessible via the console?

Do you have the icon, skin file, and the glm in the additional folder for the toon version? I know the skin file can reference textures from other folders so they don't need to be there, but the glm might be easily overlooked when you're moving everthing else around.

There was a shader that was required for the cell shaded look and everything. Is the directory structure in that identical to where the model is located? I don't know if that would cause the icons not to show up, but it's worth checking I suppose.

I know some of those seem like simple mistakes when you've been doing this stuff for a while, but I'm just stabbing in the dark now. :)

Now you're baffling me!;)

EDIT: I just remembered that you said it worked spawning in as an NPC, so it probably wouldn't be the shader file.

Also, try placing the icon from the regular Durge in the toon Durge folder. You know that icon works so if it shows up twice maybe something was wrong with the toon icon. Worth a try.

When I use the command /model cw_durge/default,

the model changes to the toon version and the player icon also changes.

Everything seems to be in place - images, glm, icons, sounds, npcs, shader etc. I just can't work it out, unless it's something within the glm itself.

I've sent it to Psyk0Sith in the hopes he may be able to figure it out! - Always good to have someone else look over your work - sometimes you just can't see the wood for the trees! (In my case it's usually something obvious!) :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help though 7th Jedi.

Fixed the cell shaded icon...i already warned you about this...when saving your jpeg files, make sure you use the standard compression ;).

You also forgot to add the shader to the toon version.

Will check the "regular" shader to see what's wrong.

Edit: Check your default shader in shaderEd2, most of them have errors but i cant really help, i know very little about shaders.

Also you might want to change the "roll" sound when using a saber, it sounds like the default character.

Thanks for checking it out. Always start going a bit crazy after working on it for too long and miss the obvious.

Still can't understand why when I make a new PK3 file it can't see the model in the player menu, but when I put the SAME files into the original .pk3 you sent me, it works fine!?!:confused:

Sorry. I'm at work for several more hours.

Maybe get to it tonight if I can.

Psyk0Sith says the roll sound is default sound.

Hope to have the problems fixed ASAP.

I tried to e-mail you at yahoo but it wouldn't take more than 5mb and as I've already stated , I don't use MSN messenger.

What was the name of the sound that sounded that way???

can you send me DURGE the same way I sent you the sounds threw email or something or maybe even Yahoo messenger???

I'm really looking forward to seeing that model work ans hearing it with those sounds so I can see if the sound rate is fine

RJW_ca

RJW_ca@hotmail.com

OK! I have the shader working now (including team shaders), so everything is all go apart from the cel-shaded one.

Sorry RJW_ca, I've tried mailing it to you in parts but I can't get through on the yahoo account you specified and hotmail keep rejecting one of the files!

Archived