Home

Escape on Fest

Guest The Master

Guest The Master

I need to know the best way of beating escape on fest. So... PLEASE HELP ME. I might be the master but that dosn't mean I know EVERYTHING!

Guest Brother Reed

Okay, here's something long. VERY, VERY long.

It's an excerpt from a FAQ I wrote on the subject.Objective 1: Scan the ground as you begin and try to kill two storm troopers and a tank droid then knock off the two turbo lasers you see on the hill. Now floor it over the gate. This level requires that you complete your tasks with speed and efficiency, so lots of practice may be required. Without losing much speed, try to destroy the two bunkers and about five or six storm troopers around the AT-AT’s legs. From there, immediately begin to wrap the walker. AND BE CAREFUL! Staying healthy in this part is vital to the rest of the level. If you die during a tank droid onslaught, you might as well drop a bomb on the AT-PTs. When he’s kissing snow, back over the gate. In one pass, incinerate the 2 guns and the bunkers behind them. Don’t worry about the shield generator right now. Just bring down that over-grown cow over there. If you can take him down before your comrades destroy the gate, you’re doing well. Tank droids will make an entrance when the gate is down. Destroy one tank droid and a few storm troopers that you find wandering aimlessly in the snow. But don’t spent too much time here. You’re greatest battle is in the next part...

Fly AFAP (as fast as possible) to rope the final steer. Here’s the tricky part. Don’t wait for the tank droids to come over the hill. You go to them. Start with the three on the left hill (left as you face the approaching AT-PTs). Up and fly over the hill to where 3 tank droids are coming side by side to the attack. Line up your assault and pick them off one by one before they can take a shot at the AT-PTs. Then concentrate on the other tank droids. Which ones? That’s up to you. Which ones are the most dangerous to your AT-PTs? That should answer your question. If you see bombers fly overhead, don’t go after them – yet. The tank droids are at present much more dangerous. When the area has been sufficiently harvested of tank droids, fly down toward the end, this time watching for bombers. 8 bombers total will fly through the stage in pairs of 2, attempting to melt the helpless ‘PTs like ice cubes on a hot griddle. The last pair will be shot down by your wing mates...I think.

Experiment to determine exactly when the AT-PTs will be safe apart from your presence, and as soon as they are, your primary target should become the shield generator. Fly over to where it is, burn it to the ground, find any left over storm troopers or tank droids and kill them, and them head for the research place. This whole time you’ll be rushing to do everything AFAP. The turrets, guns, and troopers in front of the building need killing, too. Now ravage the center, and you’re on your way to Chandrila.

Hope that helps. Any more questions? E-mail me.

"Nice job, Skywalker. I'm beginning to see why they say you're the best."

-Kasan Moor

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Peridote

Easiest way to beat Fest + gold medal.All action should be at top speed except when attacking tanks.Blow up 2 turrets + 2 buildings in front of generator. Blow up building that walker is walking through. Harpoon this walker.At high speed kill 2 0r 3 stormtroopers., blow up turret at gate, blow up 2nd turret.(stay low and do not approach or view arena behind gate. At-Pt's will be unharmed if you never see or get near them).Down walker that most people down last.While approaching it, rack it with laser fire to build accuracy rating. Blow up 3rd turret,then turret in front of forcefield dome.(DO NOT VIEW ACTION BEHIND GATE!)Go up hill, blow up installations, get technology.Now (if everything has gone super smoooth you may have a few seconds to kill) get the 3 tanks that appear in front of the blasted turret in front of the force field .At full speed attack 3 tanks that appear directly opposite the canyon.Get the three tanks that appear near the third blasted turret.Attack the 3 tanks that appear opposite, but only blow up the 2 that are nearest the AT-Pts(tie bombers blow up 3rd.).Blow up 3 tanks and building near rescue area.Shoot down tie bombers (your flightmates help out here), but don't shoot the last one until it is near the 3rd blasted turret, as its downing triggers the last 4 bombers.Head to force field,head on shoot down 2 bombers ,and next 2 bombers,go to where 3rd walker is behind gate, blow up buildings and stormtroopers, if convenient shoot walker for accuracy rating on flyby, but don't go out of your way.Just leave this walker standing.Now blow up shield generator and anything in that direct path.Assault research building area,get the 2 missille launchers at a distance, blowing up all garrisons and all troopers before firing last shot in main building, which ends level.Should produce a gold with proper execution. And, of course, don't lose a ship!

Guest The Master

Hi new comer! Sorry but I already beat fest and got gold. But maybe it might be help for those others in seek of help!

• 8 months later...

Archived