Home

Why did Fett come in? *SPOILERS*

Sabretooth

I don't get it. Why does Fett have to attck Jaden in the Ord Mantell mission? He does say that there was "no bounty on you, a shame" or something like that. Does he have something to do with the runied city and/or the weapons cache? He also says "this is none of your business, Jedi" meaning that it is something personal to Fett. Any theories, anyone?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There may not have been a bounty on Jaden's head (something I find odd given all the damage he/she did to the Disciples of Ragnos)...but maybe Fett was hired to protect the ammunition. Or he wanted the ammo for himself. Heck, perhaps he was tracking another bounty and decided Jaden would be a good "warm-up."

Originally posted by Jedi_Vogel

I got confused cos I coudl have sword Fett got swallowed bya huge plant or something on Return of the Jedi and then in JA oooo he gets reincarnated, metal and all :p

Yet another contentious EU moment ...

Yes, Fett got eaten by the Sarlaac in RotJ. Then some EU book makes the claim that someone (Dengar, I believe?) rescued him - and that the Sarlaac didn't kill him because of the armor.

So he returned for the Dark Forces battle, and now again in JA. Fine by me, he's a fun boss battle in both games, and I don't let myself be worried any more about the Sarlaac than by seeing Morgan at the Valley in JKII.

Mike

Originally posted by txa1265

Yet another contentious EU moment ...

Yes, Fett got eaten by the Sarlaac in RotJ. Then some EU book makes the claim that someone (Dengar, I believe?) rescued him - and that the Sarlaac didn't kill him because of the armor.

The sarlaac doesn't kill them completely does it? I though it swalloed you and you dies in there so couldn't Fett of just climbed up and when the sarlaac opened it's mouth Fett flew out? Anyway I think that Fett was just chillin in Ord Mantell when he saw Jaden land he then realized that he/she was a jedi and wanted to rip Him/Her a new a-hole due to Jango's death

originally posted by txa1265

So he returned for the Dark Forces battle, and now again in JA. Fine by me, he's a fun boss battle in both games, and I don't let myself be worried any more about the Sarlaac than by seeing Morgan at the Valley in JKII.

Actually, DF takes place before RotJ, before Fett even captures Han Solo.

It took me a while to go along with the whole "Fett is still alive" thing. It's obvious George Lucas wanted to kill him off in the Sarlaac, but the fans just wouldn't stand for that. Now I just play along and have fun fighting the enigmatic bounty hunter.

he most certainly was after the weapons for his own use. he could save his money for the whore house or somethin that way. i doubt he would side with the cultists. they're jedi scum to him. he only worked with Vader cause he's the big badass lord. he actually did fight him for some treasure in some comic with vader winning by slim margins. i don't want him to die really. i like george lucas for the concept of starwars but his story writing isn't always the best.

originally posted by tFighterPilot

Speaking of which, when did JO take place? I read the all Jedi Academy Trilogy, where luke creates the Jedi Academy on Yavin 4. Did it take place shortly after? I heard kyle was in some of the New Jedi Order books.

I'm not quite sure myself. It seems to me that JO takes place during the Jedi Academy trilogy, as Luke mentions something about "pressing business of my own to attend to" in JO. Perhaps it has something to do with Kyp Durron and the Sun Crusher?

I imagine JA takes place right after the Jedi Academy trilogy, since there's only a year or so of difference between JO to JA.

Originally posted by Neverhoodian

I'm not quite sure myself. It seems to me that JO takes place during the Jedi Academy trilogy, as Luke mentions something about "pressing business of my own to attend to" in JO. Perhaps it has something to do with Kyp Durron and the Sun Crusher?

I imagine JA takes place right after the Jedi Academy trilogy, since there's only a year or so of difference between JO to JA.

I'm pretty sure that JO is a couple of years after the Jedi Acadmy trilogy, as it is referred to as 8 years after RotJ. JK1/MotS is closer in time to the JA trilogy. But then the whole timeline thing did get a little messy when JO came out (anyone remember *those* discussions?)

Mike

It just seems that there are too many Jedi in the game, as there were about 12(?) in the Jedi Academy Trilogy. What irritated me in the books, is that while some of them was mentioned by name a lot, some was never mentioned as an indevisual, which means that the same ones did everything.

right

1, Boba fett escaped from the sarlic by settin off a thermal detinator then one of jabbas old palace dancers lifted him out and dengar l8er found him.

2,Boba would never take the weapons for himself it is unlike him, (read the bounty hunter wars) he would rather work and get it fr himself rathher than steal it , he may be on of the nastys bount hunters ever but he is an honest man who works for things.

3, i suspect tht they may be making a jedi knight 4 in whihch you play kyle and is set during jk 3 and you do all the kyle missions (remeber how he was always going off) you may find out more about why boba was there. (rember this is only a thought)

:D

Yup... according to EU, Boba Fett did escape. :( I was disappointed, I never did like Boba anyway. Imagine how happy I was when I watched the Sarlaac ate Boba... oh well...

2,Boba would never take the weapons for himself it is unlike him, (read the bounty hunter wars) he would rather work and get it fr himself rathher than steal it , he may be on of the nastys bount hunters ever but he is an honest man who works for things.

Yup, which is why he fought with Jaden to 'honestly' get the weapon?

I think it's most likely that Boba Fett was there because someone at Raven or LucasArts said, "who would be a cool enemy? Hey, let's use Boba Fett!"

As for why he was in that particular place (i.e. how the heck does he fit into the plot?), Bounty Hunter series or no, it seems clear that he was there to get the weapons for himself...after all, it's impossible to kill him & he doesn't go away until all of the weapons are destroyed...

Originally posted by VaderInevitable

right

1, Boba fett escaped from the sarlic by settin off a thermal detinator then one of jabbas old palace dancers lifted him out and dengar l8er found him.

3, i suspect tht they may be making a jedi knight 4 in whihch you play kyle and is set during jk 3 and you do all the kyle missions (remeber how he was always going off) you may find out more about why boba was there. (rember this is only a thought)

:D

How can a JK4 come out when there is no JK3 yet?

Let's suppose JK4 has Kyle and the events are of JA. Then how is Jaden gonna look? Also Kyle won't get the important missions and we already know the story so it won't be much of a surprise.

I have another theory though. Kyle and Luke have both faced Boba some time. They might have set him to attack Jaden and test how Jaden fared against the bounty hunter. If Jaden would have lost, Kyle woud have directly sent him to Korriban rather than Taspir since Jaden failed the test against Fett. But that still doesn't explain "no bounty on you, a shame".

Archived