Home

Holstered Weapons... (JA)

keshire

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Especially the staff

it was the only place I could put it.:D

We hope to have it show the weapons you have that do the most amount of damage and aren't in use.

So more than likely you'll always see the sabers holstered. And the rocket launcher if you have it and aren't using it, and aren't already using a staff.

At least thats what I'd like RazorAce to do. We'll see though.

Would I be right in thinkin this means that in order to work all the games model.glm files need to be replaces? or can it work around that?

Looks very cool, though the lightsaber should attatch to the hip a bit lower if possible.

Also as a suggestion can you make it so that using two blaster pistols at once looks better? When I spawn CultistCommando one gun is held properly, the other is held at a very strange angle. It would be cool if openjedi could fix this.

Originally posted by Darth54

Hey, that looks really nice :D

Everything that makes a game for realistic is nice, actually.

if they would make it that holding a heavy weapon makes you walk slower afther a while like in darkforces we'll see if you think the same about it. :rolleyes:

Darkforces had weapons make you walk slower? I didn't know that!

I always somewhat dislike the idea myself because it struck me as illogical.

Why would holding a weapon make you walk slower if carrying it (in your backpack) wouldn't?

Though I suppose you could say that you have to "hold it steady" or something like that to justify making you move slower.

But then there's always Force Speed/Rage. ; )

The weapons on the clothes thing reminds me of the last two Indiana Jones games. In those you had the Machete on your back, gun in your holster, whip at your side, etc.

The only problem was that there were still so many weapons that it didn't show them all, only the more recent ones used (example: only one gun in the holster, only one big weapon on the back, and one on each hip).

Still, it was somewhat more realistic. I guess strategically that means you can't hide what weapons you're carrying, though somebody would have to get close to see exactly which ones.

I imagine the "lightsaber on the hip" thing would be a boon to roleplayers, though I wonder something...

Right now you have the "saber off" thing, but would the saber appear on your belt for saber off, or would it only do so when you've switch to something else (ie: gun, fists if its a mod that lets you use fists and saber together, etc)?

Even if it's not used in gameplay, something like this would certainly be useful in cutscenes and stuff like that.

Originally posted by [ASJN] Balboa

two probs: one is that it will impead with jetpack, the tails of the twi'lek and other models with capes and the like. second it will give admins an excuse to admin lame you if you don't have one holstered.

The system requires that you customize it per model (since each model is a bit different). Right now we're using new model tag surfaces to place the weapons, but are considering another possible way that would be done with an external text file.

It looks like we're going with the tag code after all. The code will be in and models will follow shortly, I'm the only one currently working on these OJP enhanced models so if anyone wants to volunteer please please please do so.

bolt_holster_saber

saber2

staff

blaster

launcher

and golan

Is what we're going with.

If the tag ain't there the weapon(s) associated with it won't show up. So if the Model has a cape You may want to leave the tags located on the back out. Or move it/them somewhere else that makes sense to you.

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

It would be cool that we could holster our sabers/guns to our belt thingys :):cool:

But the way the saber is holstered in that screen looks kinda weird.

Sorry:band: but I have to dissagree with you I think it looks cool like this smiley:bdroid2:

Archived