Home

strange problem (JA)

Danyael

i havew this strange problem.

I have un installed and re installed the game many times no luck.

I can play on other peoples servers, but when I go to play on mine, NADA. I can get in and anwhere between 2-10 minutes my computer goes a high pitched beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee etc.. from inside the tower.... never ending and I have to turn off the power and turn it back on. I can play on other servers though.

i am running the latest patch, and I have even played with only the base assests in the base folder, no change. I am running the server on port 29071 and i am playing on port 29070. so ports should not be an issue.

anyone have any ideas or experienced anything like this?

thanks

It sounds like your CPU load is too much and it could be overheating, and that BEEPPP noise you are hearing is teh motherboard warning of a potential overheating problem. Try downloading some kind of cpu heat monitor and see what it registers under idle load, running just the dedicated server, and running the gaem in the server in a windowed view.

Originally posted by Andy867

It sounds like your CPU load is too much and it could be overheating, and that BEEPPP noise you are hearing is teh motherboard warning of a potential overheating problem. Try downloading some kind of cpu heat monitor and see what it registers under idle load, running just the dedicated server, and running the gaem in the server in a windowed view.

A beep sound? In the UT2004 demo i also keep getting this beep sound that doesnt stop, does it mean my video card/CPU/motherboard is overheating?

Archived