Home

Star Wars DVD Covers

Boba Rhett

Originally posted by Chase Windu

They're all great but I have a problem with the 2nd one. Why does it have a picture of Yoda from AotC on it?

Where is that in AOTC. I think they just made that shot for the cover. Neither the Luke nor Vader is an actual shot from any movie.

That pic is of Yoda holding a lightsaber. They just cropped off the lightsaber part.

The Luke pic looks like a modified pic of Luke from Jabbas Sail Barge. The Vader looks like vader from Cloud City when he reaches out to Luke telling Luke he should join him. They just added a saber to his outreached arm and added legs.

lol, you're right...the Vader pic is the most rediculous looking...wow...so weird...there are tons of good vader pics to edit...why try that one? Strange.

I personally like the first...but I figure the third will take it...

I wouldn't mind seeing them have the original artwork on the cases. (you know...the one with the massive Luke and the stripping Leia)

Originally posted by Tie Guy

Where is that in AOTC. I think they just made that shot for the cover. Neither the Luke nor Vader is an actual shot from any movie.

I'm afraid the Peterson brothers have you on this one, Mr. Guy.

I don't like the second one, mainly because of the CG Yoda, but between the first and third, I'd have to say I like the first best, since this is the Imperial Era. It's like, when we have both trilogies, it'll be in a sort of timleline: Republic Era, Imperial Era.

What makes it bad for me is that they put an AotC image in an OT box and try to pass it off as OT.

Not really. I don't see anywhere on the box where it says all the shots are from the OT. What does it matter? It's not like some big lie or scam. CG or puppet, OT or Prequels, it's still the same character.

I have heard, I think it was on theforce.net, that these boxes were just test art and that A) the real cover art will not be any of these and B) that we will find out what it is soon.

Now, please understand that this was several days ago I saw it, so I may be incorrect on this & it may also be LA trying to throw us off. :D

folks, welcome to the wonderful world of merchandising.

Of course a 6-DVD box will happen in the future. Heck, I'd even bet it will be 8 or even 10 discs then.

It's all about making you buy multiple versions of something you only need once.

As for the pix; they are confirmed to be test versions. As such, I'd put my money on the Imperial one any time.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw on starwars.com today that hyperspace members get a chance to view the official packaging now! There is a pic & it has the corner of the dvd & you can see the grill & side-bar-thngy of Vader's helmet. Can someone w/ an account go view & verify the it is similar to no 3 above (of course, don't get yourself in trouble w/ LA when doing so)?

Archived