Home

What Star Wars novels are you reading?

techmedic007

Hi

Im a big fan of the SW novels and was wondering if anybody else is?

If so what are you reading now?

Im about 3/4 through with the Han Solo Adventures written by Brian Daley. Next is probably going to be Tattoine Ghost or the next novel in the NJO series.

I'm really into the Star Wars and Star Wars Republic comics. I'm currently reading the Clone Wars TPB volumes 1, 2 & 3, but I have all of them from issue #19, as well as loads of other Star Wars comics including Shadows of the Empire, Dark Empire, Tales of the Jedi and the original ANH, ESB and ROTJ.

I'm not really into the books, although I do have The Approaching Storm which I haven't got around to reading yet.

Originally posted by sosus

I just finished "cloak of deception", it was one of the best books I have ever read. The political intrigue was great. THis book takes place immediatly before EP1, and sets up the movie very well.

I agree, Cloak of Deception and Darth Maul : Shadow Hunter sets up Ep I beautifully

Originally posted by leXX

I do have The Approaching Storm which I haven't got around to reading yet.

not a bad book, it gives you abit of an insight into the events leading up to Ep II.

I'm too hate NJO, i believe they are written by people trying to turn star wars into star trek, and i don't like star trek.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've read all of the Bantam books except -- Splinter of the Mind's Eye.

And once Del Rey got a hold of the priveleges, it all went to shambles. I read the first few NJO books -- the whole series sucks.

My all-time favorites are Ann Crispin's Han Solo Trilogy, I, Jedi, by Mike Stackpole, and The Courtship of Princess Leia, by Dave Wolverton.

-- Lingo

• 2 weeks later...

Funny, I heard the New Jedi Order books are actually pretty good.

I'm about 1/4 way into Heir of the Empire. This is like my 6th reading it and plan on reading the entire Thrawn Trilogy again before summer. Whee.

• 3 weeks later...

For me, its not what I have read, but what I havent read. I own most of the books, and have read all but a few. The ones I havent read are Survivor's Quest, The last half of the Jedi Apprentice Series, Jedi Quest series, that Dantooine book based on Star Wars Galaxies, and that's about it.

Archived