Home

going back to scool

rick ulo 11103

im getting out of summer vacation (southern hemisphere) tomorow and im kinda nervous, all the kids have a deep hatred for americans, even though im not one, it dosent matter they just hate north americans. tomorrow im just not going to talk to anybody unless talked to,

2 things that dont help

1. i suffer from deppresion, so its hard to make friends

2. they'll all be mad because scool started

2 things that help

1. N/A

2. N/A

im just so fricken scared

edit: ill post tommorow after school and tell u how it went

Well, I dont know what to tell you. I wouldn't avoid talking to people, that'll just make things harder. I'd say your best bet is to introduce yourself to people, try to get to know em, let them know you're a good guy, and interesting to talk to.

CONFIDENCE MY GOOD SIR!!! CONFIDENCE IS KEY!

If you are feeling scared, people will notice it. It's best to go in not worrying about that. If you go to school confident, you'll feel better and look less vulnerable. Also remember the purpose of education, to learn. And also it really helps to talk to people and make friends. I remember when I was in year 11, i wasn't with any of my friends for any of my classes. But I made friends with heaps of people that year, even those dudes who are the troublemakers. So therefore, talk to people, make friends, learn, be confident and don't be scared.

Originally posted by rick ulo 11103

1. i suffer from deppresion, so its hard to make friends

2. they'll all be mad because scool started

1. Act friendly. Even if you're depressed, just try to act friendly. And for those that do try to pick on you, ignore them but whatever you do, do NOT concede and let them pick on you.

2. When in Rome, do what the romans do. It's the best philosophy I've found for going to new places. You can act how you want once think you're like them, or else they'll just pick on you from the start.

And the best advice I could give you, is that to never give a damn about what they think. Kids(and I'm 13, so I know about this generation of kids) will act like jackasses on any given day of the week, so dont think about anything they say.

You'll be ok Ric.....one day you'll look back on school days and acknowledge that it was an important time of your life in terms of building your character and the type of person you turn out to be, most of this being affected by the decisions *you* make about how to deal with situations that arise, good and bad.

All I can is I almost got a perfect score in our equivalent of the SATs, but I still HATED and school and HATED uni......it just made me cringe....and still does today..... I just think alot of what you do falls short of preparing you better for life(and I'm not talking about the "youre a kid you gotta have fun bit, thats a given)

MTFBWYA

I started high school back in September (at the end of our summer holiday). I was a bit nervous about going, but I'm doing fine now.

The worst thing to do is to not talk to anyone. Try to get interested in the things that other people like - it dosen't have to be the most popular kid in the school.

Don't sit on your own in class or hang around by yourself during break - no offence, but that'll make you look like a loner - and a lot harder to make friends. I find that most kids hang around in large groups - sometimes depending on the type of things they like.

If you prefer to read and play games instead of going down to the local town centre and hanging around (which plenty of people I know do), then there's still a group of people who like doing what you do. Even if they're in the minority, they're still there.

And you have to do what ET said - be confident. Good luck! :thumbsup:

Some years ago, when i first went to highschool almost everyone had stress like; omg new school..so afraid... though i just didn't care, you know, i hardly get stressed for school releated things. You might think this is a 100% benifit, but it's why i hardly study for exams (though i'll squeeze myself trough), a bit more panicking could get me to more studying

Anyways, dont panick, there are others just like you and you'll find em

Um.... you know it!

School sucks. So, now, ZBomber will shrae a story:

Lets see.....

Yesterday, I was in History, and we were working on our projects. I aks my teacher if I can get somethign from my locker, and he says "I'm not here right now." So I respond, "Then you won't mind if I be right back." Leave the room, get what I need, come back (like, 2 minutes later) and he starts yelling at me saying I disobeyed his judgment (:confused: ) and gives me an office detention......

Then at Baseball tryouts, i twist my ankle.

TODAY:

My religon teacher tells everyone I have no friends...... Yeh..... that ones pretty confusing too......... o_O

And then at Baseball, I screwed up my ankle AND my back. So I'm in agony typing this to you.

So, have fun at school!

If you wana shut yourself off socially from everbody else, and then dwindle in your own downward spiral of depression because you have no friends, its fine by me. But remember, the depression did not put you in that position.

But if i were you, going to a new place...why be close minded. You are going to learn so much more by just opening up and getting to know people. You are going to have so much more fun, and enjoy yourself better.

I still am not clear on what you are doing though. Are you from America? Even though you say you arent American, perhaps from Canada? You don't make it clear where you are going...I dunno your post made no sense to me as far as where you are going and where you are from.

i was born in vancouver. i moved to uruguay when i was 1. when i was 1 1/2 we moved to miami for some work. we stayed there and 4 years after they got divorced, me and my mom moved to BA aregentina.i had my 10th birthday here and ive been here for about 6,7 months.

that clear things up for you?

Originally posted by DarkLord60

its harder then you think

Well it's easy for me, once you get into the mindset that you should'nt care about what others think.

Of course, I'm not diagnosed with depression. So it probably is harder for him..

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Today in school my psych professor made a joke about women who can make themselves orgasm with their minds. I laughed.

That's not depressing!!!

C'mon Rick, give us the details.

um about the details it seriously just went well but i could tell you more.

1. we errm... spent about 15 minutes (feeled like 1 hr) listening to some speach welcoming us.

2. we got organized and all that stuff (i coukdnt putt my stuff in my locker because my lock was to small). and people talked with their friends (that includes me)

3. our first class was computation but we didnt get to do anything cuz he was telling the new kids about what we did there

4.math (A.K.A. more organizing and talking with friends)

5. break. i played soccer with my friends on the roof (sment) where i scraped my knee and made a hole in my pants ( im still ebaressed about the fact that i wrecked my pants on the first day) its still stinging

6. something i dont remember, but it was fun

7. lunch, long break.

8. science. we played games (the weirdest thing is that shes the meanest teacher :eyeraise:)

9.break.

10. music.

11. home

Hey - you'll be okay, I can promise. You'll probably have days that are worse than that and days that are better than that. That's part of life. I came into both middle school and high school knowing no one and being about the nerdiest kid you could find - anywhere in the entire school district, it felt like. I didn't have any friends my 8th grade year till about three months in, and any good friend my 9th grade year at all. So I totally know where you're coming from. You said they've got problems w/North Americans. So don't tell 'em your from North America when they're just getting to know you. You're setting yourself up if you do. And from what you said, you weren't in NA long enough for it to really be true. Unless you're really white (and even then, I know some hispanics that are whiter than some caucasians I know) you can be okay.

Depression's hard to get over. Keep talking through things w/you parents if that's an option, and if it isn't, find someone you can talk it through with. I'll be praying for you...

Archived