Home

Sam and Max Cancellation Petition

guybrush guy

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, based on how Obi-Wan turned out in the end, its probably the worst example to use for anything like this, really

True, but there was quite a horrendous fan reaction to the news that it was going to be XBox-only, considering how it was hyped in all magazines as Dark Forces 3 before the real Jedi Knight II turned up. It had been looking rather promising - in much the same way as Bounty Hunter did and Battlefront & Republic Commando do now.

The point about the fact that S&M2 has got the entire LucasArts Fan Community (soon to become Pre-2004 LucasArts Fan Community, or even earlier) up in arms has not been lost on me, though. It was only PC Star Wars FPS fans who got cross over Obi-Wan - myself included.

With the benefit of hindsight, I'm rather glad it went. It even had a lousy cover!

Obi-Wan was on the GBC not the ****box

Where d'you get an idea like that?

I severely doubt this is a marketing gimmick. We're the only ones who care, and we were going to buy it anyway.

This news at www.pczone.co.uk might be of interest. Nothing directly to do with Sam & Max, unfortunately... just the adventure genre.

Classic PC point 'n' click adventure Beneath a Steel Sky has been plucked from the archives for a brand new instalment from UK developer Revolution, we can exclusively reveal. Revolution, best known for its highly respected and successful Broken Sword series, registered the url http://www.steel-sky2.com on March 4, 2004 (see here for details) and Revolution MD Charles Cecil today confirmed with us that pre-production on the title had indeed begun.

Life in the old dog yet. If a simple developer such as Revolution can take a risk with a sequel to an ageing adventure, why can't a major developer/publisher like LucasArts go ahead with one?

LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, Gold Guy, the Human Figure design logo and the LucasArts Twentieth Anniversary logo are all registered trademarks or trademarks of Lucasfilm Ltd. © 2004 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. & ® or ™ as indicated. All rights reserved.

Easy to think LucasArts lost its independense as company. Is Lucasfilm manageing LucasArts? Discuss!

I sure hope we eventually do get Sam&Max 2.

We will. Lucasarts will come out with an apology and put Sam and Max 2 back into production, and there will be an even larger upbringing than the one on March 3rd. More fans will send in "I'm sorry" e-mails than they did "I hate you" e-mails. WWHS will come out with a sincere apology and re-re-design their site. All the sites will apologize and rejoice. Everyone will buy Sam and Max 2 and love it. Lucasarts will look at the sales figures and realize what a stupid mistake they made.

We live in hope. With any luck, they're reconsidering their actions. We must continue to fight! This is a war... and we are soldiers!

The Great Maxian War of 2004... LucasArts Vs Fans. They'll sing songs about this fight, trust me.

Beginning with a round of "King of the Creatures".

March 3, 2004. Remember that date. The day we fought back.

I'm picturing the Monty Python sketch about Sir Robin's minstrels right now, singing songs about him.

I bet Lucasarts already realizes that they've made a mistake - they might even want to put it back into production - but maybe they can't figure out how to say "It's back in production" without looking incredibly stupid. Think about it.

No matter what, we will win this fight.

hey guys,

just letting you guys know that i'm mailing out the petition ot LA's office. it's going to cost a hefty fee (about 80 dollers, 1,500 pages) to print profshionlay so i was wondering if anyone is willing to donate a few dollers. all i ask is a few dollers, if not , not a big deal

donation are to be made threw paypal

send donations to guybrush_guy@comcast.net

thanx a bunch guys

I just noticed something. Everything that LucasArts has produced lately and is producing is for the ****box. The only thing for something else(GCN)as of late was Rebel Strike(Which is quite good). This leads me to believe that Microsoft may have something to do with this. As we should all know, whatever Microsoft touches is corrupted. It appears that Microsoft's diseased grip has turned LucasArts to the Dark Side.

Umm. They have produced or are producing a number of titles for the PC and PS2 of late.

PC

Armed & Dangerous

Secret Weapons Over Normandy

Star Wars Battlefront

Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Star Wars Republic Commando

PS/2

Gladius

Mercenaries

Star Wars Battlefront

Wrath Unleashed

X-box

Armed & Dangerous

Gladius

Mercenaries

Star Wars Battlefront

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Star Wars Republic Commando

Wrath Unleashed

Gamescube

Gladius

Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike

Wile it looks like LucasARts are abandoning the Cube, I don't see any way you can try and blame Microsoft for the cancellation of Sam & Max.

Subtle. Maybe a bit too subtle - I don't think Mr. Nolan knew what you were hinting at. Somehow, I'm guessing its not the same one. I bet the director has a hell of a lot on his plate at the moment, worrying about resurrecting a screwed-up franchise that has the fans eyeing him dubiously, than helping people on the LucasArts support forum.

Somehow, I'm guessing its not the same one.

I'm sure it's not. I was making a joke. Like how the Mike Nelson we all hate is definitely not the same Mike Nelson who hosted MST3K and wrote Death Rat! But still, if it was the same Christopher Nolan, how cool would that be? No, seriously, how cool would it be? A lot cool or a little cool? On the other hand, it could be that Mr. Nolan understood me perfectly and was trying to shut me down.

Archived