Home

NJO brawl...

Master_Keralys

The NJO was...  

29 members have voted

1. 1. The NJO was...

• the best EU story ever told!!!
    • pretty good; I enjoyed reading it...
    • just okay. Not the best, but not too shabby...
    • not my favorite. Could have been a lot better
    • pretty bad. It sucked, the authors sucked, I didn't like reading it...
    • the absolute worst thing that could have ever happened to the EU!!!

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

I thought Vergere was a great character. Especially in Traitor, but the other authors just plain sucked at "maintaining" her. They didn't do as good as the author of Traitor so they just swept her under the mat.

Sadly true, SWP...

With all of her idealism, I would have thought it to be heresy in Vergere's eyes to 'heroically' drive an A-wing...into...yeah (no spoilers from me!)

Felt like most of the authors were envious (or just plain annoyed) of what Stover pulled off in Traitor, so they purposely watered down both Jacen and Vergere in the upcoming novels...

Ah well.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Stover pulled some awesome stuff, and I don't think the others were jealous so much as unable to pull it off. And, of course, Luceno did a fantastic job.

ET - among other things, he does indeed do flips. But if you remember the part in EP 1 where obi's blade is going about sixteen bazillion ways at once, Luke's fight is way better than that... so yeah, you've got to read it.

I just finished the series like...an hour ago. IT ROCKS!! I wish Nom Anor would've gotten his ass handed to him, rather than lived--oops, no spoilers from me. :p

Umm, I like the philosophy of the Potentium (or Unifying Force). The stuff about Onimi surprised me. I was...not expecting it.

Head over to my thread in this forum to post ideas for post NJO books.

Oh, and Boba Fett slicing, dicing, and blasting the Yuuzhan Vong in the Unifying Force...that rocked. Hey, they actually mentioned Kyle Katarn in it too!!

:trooper: :trooper: :guard: :guard: :fett::guard: :guard: :trooper: :trooper:

• 2 weeks later...

You should finish the series; it seriously is awesome.

Who knows if Nom Anor lived? It seems Luceno intentionally left that open for this very reason (namely to leave the community wondering). Either option for him was consistent with his character though. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him reappear sometime later, but I also wouldn't be surprised to never hear anything about him again.

Archived