Home

BETA TEST: Bast Castle SIEGE

monsoontide

OK... the hologram globe of endor now rotates (slowly)! :D

(Just have to try and rework the shader a bit, so I can remove a couple of brushes.)

Having a few problems getting my func_rotating rings to stop when triggered - they just keep going... Any ideas on a solution? Ford Dye at Raven suggested using a script to replace (swap out) the rings with non moving version but I have no idea how to do this.

Added some small lifts in the medical center between the top and lower levels. Not 100% happy with them at the moment so will rework them a bit, but they are there now!

Started setting up all the spawn points, so as the Jedi make progress throughout the level, the Sith spawn points will move to take account of this.

Worked out a couple of smaller errors and just busy working on finalizing a few things here and there.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well those changes sound good mons

the few times that ive been on jka these past weeks i havent found 1 of the 3 servers online or with this map running, which kind of annoys me becuase ive really wanted to help more than what id said b4 i played te map

btw will u be doing a second round of beta testing with the updates?

Well I only gotto beta testthemap one time with Pahricida, most of the problems that I noticed were mentoned or fixed already. I would like to give it a Full test with more then one person to offer my suggestions and opinions. If I dont get the chance it was a great opprotunity to beta this map for you. One of the reasons I havent been on much was due to remodeling around the house and waiting for my ALIENWARE to arrive woot woot. So all is well and if I am still needed I will do my best to help out. I live in the USA and live in the EST.

:mad: Dog

Just been working on some MP scripting and have finally managed to get it so you can trigger the spinning rings and they will come to a stop, allowing you to get the sith_holocron.

Also finally got the shader on the Mon_Mothma hologram to work the way I wanted it and have made the endor_globe hologram shader double sided, eliminating the need for 2 func_brushes which can now be used elsewhere!

Just working on solving the scripting of the switches (In turbo laser tower, fuel pump station) so that they (the switches) animate when you use them. Hope I can get that to work as it will make the map just that little bit more professional.

Then it's mainly a matter of finishing setting up the spawn points and making sure all the messages/locations/trigger work and updating the map/objectives screen/icons to reflect all the new changes.

So expect the final beta hopefully by April 5th/6th :sweating:

Well, you can't animate md3's in multi-player it would seem, so have remade all the switches and they all now use func_buttons. Effect is much the same.

Basically will be spending this week just trying to finish off all the myriad little bits and pieces that need taking care of - icons, redrawing the objective map, rewriting the siege file, adjusting some of the player classes, fixing this and that, setting the remainder of the spawn points and making certain everything is working alright.

I'm just working on how o make it so the lifts can't be retriggered when activated and how to make it so ALL jedi team members must be in the shuttle to complete the final objective... could be tricky!

So expect the final beta to be ready/available for one week of testing starting next monday (April 6th).

Please let me know if you are still interested...

So far I only have mergatroid as a definite.

Maybe the others don't check this thread anymore :confused:

Anyway, as I already mentioned in a PM i sent to monsoontide, I'll help out with a server (10 slots, 82.211.37.50:30005).

Additionally, about 5 or 6 of my clan mates r ready to help testing.

:)

I can still have beta sessions hosted on the -ONE- clanserver, and I can still test.

195.149.21.245:28070

It seems like you've changed quite a bit - I look forward to seeing what you have done.

Will it still be possible for Sith to camp at the top of the lifts and drop explosives on the heads of the poor Jedi?

Thanks guys...

Hopefully I'll have fixed some of those problems with players camping out - some will probably remain though. Though there won't be any explosives this time out.

Also I've fixed all the spawn points, so there are now at least three progression points for the Jedi team and as objectives are activated (ie. you open the door to them or whatever) Sith spawn points are activated near the objective/s and turned off again when the objective/s is completes, thus keeping the Sith close to the action should they die.

I'll put a list of changes with the release.

Wow! I feel like a real software development house, as I can now officially state, A DELAY! ;)

Til tomorrow, as although the map is now compiled, there are a number of small things to tidy up tonight (Mainly to do with the map/objective screen) - just updating everything to match the changes.

It WILL be ready tomorrow though.

I've redone the bot-routing to take into account the changes. I've tested it to make sure it all works and it's ready for upload as soon as I can return to work (& hi-speed connection).

Had to take some unplanned time of work to deal with some unexpected stuff. Sorry for the continuing delay. Hopefully by Friday this should be ready.

I guess I can upload it to the same places as before????

I don't think that this will be much of a problem, dog. In the evenings (GMT) there are usually at least 4-5 SMC members online :)

EDIT: monsoon, in case you need webspace to upload it to, i could maybe help out - how big is the file?

Communication Room:

Fixed the shader on the Mon Mothma hologram > Hologram now only appears when triggered.

Observation Deck: No changes

Conference Room:

Slight change to desk and chair positioning to allow you to walk between wall and chair/desk.

Map Room:

Fixed shader on holographic globe. > Globe now rotates. > Lift down to laboratory now has blue edging.

Laboratory:

Major structural changes & layout redesign > Moved spinning rings here. > Rings are now scripted to spin/stop spinning. > Sith Holocron objective now STARTS in this room.

Meditation Chamber:

No changes

Power Nodes:

Objective changed. Instead of pressing four buttons, you now have to destroy the nodes – thus making it easier to keep track of which ones have been done. > Also added ladders and cushion brushes on both sides of power node “fins.”

Medical:

Added some more misc items. > Added 4 small lifts between lower and upper levels.

Power Core:

Major structural changes. > Removed electrified floor. > Removed switch for bridge and fuel pipe. > Moved Switches for Meditation Chamber and Turbo Laser Tower.

Turbo Laser Tower:

Fixed one of the ramps. > Added some piping. > Made objective into working switch. > Removed some weapons.

Main Shaft:

Removed ramps to Sith landing pad. > Fixed door messages.

Trophy Hall:

Changed top gantry, so instead of being broken, it is now the entry/exit to the Sith landing pad. > Main door now has to be “activated” before it can be used or force pushed open.

Hanger/Workshop:

Added grates in ceiling that Jedi must enter through. > Doors in hanger will not work until electrical cable in workshop has been severed. > Flame burst from pod racer engine now does considerable damage.

Cells/Interrogation:

Interrogation Door will not open until electric cable in hanger workshop cut.

Lava Well:

Lava will not drain until Sith Holocron has been obtained. > You cannot jump down lava well without dying, until lava completely drained and lift active. > Rocks at base of well removed and replaced with piping and gantry. > Fuel pipe switch has been moved to end of this gantry. > Breakable rock wall removed.

Sith Chamber:

Redesigned a bit. > Large rock must be force pushed to reveal fire pit. > Sith Holocron must be destroyed in fire-pit.

Pumping Station:

Objective switch is now a working switch.

Fuel Pipes:

The emergency switch to extend the bridge is now located half-way up the pipes. > You can now jump from the bridge switch back to the main castle cliff face and make your way back along the ledges to the cell block.

GENERAL CHANGES:

> Lifts all at 100 speed and move in a linear manner. > Retrigger times extended.

> Small “switches” added to all down lifts.

> Spawn point progression for both Jedi & Sith teams.

Still things to tidy up in the map - most notably the map and icons + a few rocks and things that are compiling with "see-through" faces on them.

Please post ALL feedback in this thread please.

I REALLY NEED the feedback so I can fix any/all remaining problems.

Please alert me ASAP if this is not the updated map! (I can't check it from work)

Download it from here (BIG thanks to Andy867 for hosting this - Still!!!)

SIEGE - BastCastle - Beta #2

As this is a SIEGE map it needs to be played by as many people at one time as possible. If you can host it on you server, please post ISP address of server AND times your server will host the map (in GMT please) right here in this thread.

THIS IS NOT the final version of the map. (Final is next release!)

:sweating:

downloaded and tried to run it but I keep getting this error:

Unexpected EOF while looking for group 'DarkJedi'

I extracted all files included in the .zip package to the gamedate\base folder.

EDIT: as long as the bastcastle.pk3 is in the gamedata\base folder, I also get this error when trying to start any other siege map (e.g. Korriban Valley).

EDIT2: ok, I've found the problem. the error was obviously being caused by the beta of BDC's Yavin Siege Map - removed this file and now everything works :)

I've uploaded the map to one of our servers.

name: SMC Homestead (^4SMC Homestead ^7::^1 Beta Test)

IP: 82.211.37.50:30005

running bastcastle 24/7 :)

EDIT: 2 small mistakes i found:

- the class description of the Sith Inferno says that he has trip mines (instead of detonation packs)

- the bots keep running against the rock in the prison area (but i doubt that this is fixable)

Yeah... Bots aren't really supposed to be used in SIEGE games. I put them in so that it's easier to test by yourself.

Glad you managed to get it working!

Still lots of "little" stuff like the character descriptions to tweak :rolleyes:

Have fun... WIll try and join in for a bit.

Erm... Downloaded fine for me in about 10 mins. when I tested it.

If someone else wants to host the .zip file that would be cool.

I tried to upload to Mongo's site as well, but it seems to be all changed - clicking on his download link now goes to some wierd icon sales site!

Archived