Home

Killtracker...

Randon_Star

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jawa8578

Kill trackers are for noobs.

1.) No one is interested in how many kills you have.

2.) Stop telling people how many kills you have.

3.) I can kill 249713057042-573412597392457 billion people by editting the cfg file anyway.

4.) Why do you find it necessary to count how many people you killed in a video game (ages 12 and up)...

5.) Do you get like free movie tickets or a car if ya get over 1000?

6.) No one cares

7.) No one cares

8.) I personally believe your a really bad player (no matter how many kills you have) if you use a kill tracker

*sigh* Search the files at http://www.jk3files.com *rolls eyes, shakes head*

As others will point out (might as well tell you here to save embarrassment later), if you're going to use it in game BE CONSIDERATE.

It's considered highly rude to use it in a game most of the time, so ask the admin's permission before using it.

Use !ktoff or silence it upon joining if you're unsure. In fact silence is best, since it's really for YOUR benefit and nobody else's.

Basically the bottom line is this.... it's spammy and it adds lag to the server, plus it's pathetic to see a person with a killtracker counting every single team kill or bot kill he gets when he has the lowest score or it's not even FFA.

OK thanks for the "helpful" replies and partial replies but the truth is i really didnt want your opinion on all this i just wanted a site, and i didnt come to get called a noob or a spammer or inconsiderate.

Thanks again, i found the official site and worked it out but please people keep your stupid insulting opinions to yourself.

Crow, you use a killtracker then? ;)

I don't use killtrackers. Far from it, I hate it alot. It clogs up my screens when I'm trying to kill someone. Also, the messages from killtrackers can be very insulting. 'Haha, I owned j00 noob, ur the 2234323 soul i've taken' Sounds lame, eh?

killtrackers have annoyed me in a new stage...when i hear one i can't stop myself from calling a vote to kick that person after asking him to stop. Wouldn't you believe it, the vote passes every dang time

if you do want to count your kills, then change the say command to echo please. You will then get the messages on your screen but the other players will not. It will most likely get you kicked anyways

Why can't anyone make a killtracker which also states the deaths... "Oooh *nickname* you've sent my soul to hell for the 10000000th time!"

I think those nice fellows over at the Open Jedi Project are working on some sort of 'death tracker'. I really like the idea, seeing as how many times you've died shows as much, if not more, about your skill than how many people you've killed.

Seth_Kabob has killed 10 people and died 2 times.

Ub3r_1337 has killed 20 people, and died 21 times, 15 of those times to Seth.

Both have been on the server for 30 minutes. Ub3r is going around gloating how badass he is, because he's the highest ranking on the scoreboard and his killtracker is announcing the umpteen hundred kills he's had since installing it.

How often have you seen a server like that? Seems like just about every server I've been on.

I'm not saying anyone should or shouldn't use a kill tracker, or what sort of person does use them. I'm just saying a death tracker would be more practical and more interesting, seeing as how JO and JA already keep track of kills on any given server.

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

Amidala you should have deleted the "kill trackers are for n00bs" in that quote you posted, cause its flaming people......

The truth hurts some people's feelings I guess....

Even though I truly hate killtrackers, and I think poorly of people who spam with them, I still answered his question....

Let me give you a non-gaming analogy....

Randon_Star: Can anyone tell me where I can get some good refried beans and burritos? I heard Maudae brand is the best. I want to eat a lot of beans and burritos before I go to several parties tonight so I can really stink up those places and annoy people with my frequent gaseous emissions.

Amidala:

Originally posted by Jawa8578

Tooting is for noobs.

1. It's rude and inconsiderate.

2. It makes people leave.

3. It smells bad.

4. It smells bad.

*sigh* If you must, go to http://www.tacobell.com/ *rolls eyes, shakes head*

AIVAS:

www.tacobell.com. Click on Restaurant Finder, enter your ZIP code and number of miles, then click "find it".

I like beans and burritos because they taste good, but I keep my gas quiet (silent but deadly).

Kurgan

As others will point out (might as well tell you here to save embarrassment later), if you're going to eat lots of beans BE CONSIDERATE.

It's considered highly rude to pass a lot of gas at parties, so ask the host's permission before letting one rip.

Try stepping outside or lighting a match if you're unsure. In fact silence is best, since it's really for YOUR benefit and nobody else's.

Basically the bottom line is this.... it's stinky and it adds smells to the party, plus it's pathetic to see a person who thinks he is cool but everyone is avoiding because of the stench.

Randon_Star

OK thanks for the "helpful" replies and partial replies but the truth is i really didnt want your opinion on all this i just wanted a site, and i didnt come to get called a noob or a tooter or inconsiderate.

Thanks again, i found the official site and worked it out but please people keep your stupid insulting opinions to yourself.

Does that make it easier to understand my position? Considering what he was asking for, we were pretty helpful. We were just trying to keep him from being disliked (or even banned from some servers) and he got all offended. You just can't help some people.

Now for those of you who use MauDae's spam maker to play music, here is a great tip from Raven Software's Mike Gummelt:

112:14 say: ChangKhan[RAVEN]: hehe

112:22 say: ^1The Red Baron (AIVAS): why do you think I always keep it silent?

112:23 say: ^7Usurpo: :p

112:26 say: Kurgan: killtracker is crack!

112:33 say: ChangKhan[RAVEN]: you can play any mp3 from the console

112:38 say: ^1The Red Baron (AIVAS): if they'd release an mp3 player I'd use that

112:38 sayteam: {JOC}Derek Vehn[civ]: really?

112:40 say: ^1The Red Baron (AIVAS): how?

112:41 say: ChangKhan[RAVEN]: just type music music/whatever.mp3

112:48 say: ^1The Red Baron (AIVAS): none in game music?

112:51 say: {JOC}Derek Vehn[civ]: music/minas tirith

112:54 say: ChangKhan[RAVEN]: and put the mp3 in your base/music folder

112:57 say: {JOC}Derek Vehn[civ]: ah ok

113:00 say: ^1The Red Baron (AIVAS): k

So...make a folder in base called "music". Put your .mp3 files in there. To make binding easier, rename them song1.mp3, song2.mp3, song3.mp3, etc.

Then /bind <key1> music music/song1.mp3

/bind <key2> music music/song2.mp3 etc.

There is no longer any reason to have a killtracker. Uninstall it at once!

*wipes tears from eyes*

Thanks Amidala, that was great.

Putting the deaths (as well as kills, etc) into the scoreboard is a fine idea. Unreal Tournament did this as well. This is totally different than spamming the chat with an annoying message everytime you get a kill (in addition to the kill messages that are ALREADY in the game). So kudos to the OJP team for that.

Archived