Home

OJP Visual Weapons WIP

keshire

hrm nice!

but what if you carry a Rocket Launcher and the Wookie Bowcaster at the same time?

Will they cross each other on the players back?

And about that pic where Kyle is wielding two Blasters ... will you be able to fire both ?

2004393478342260865377.jpg

I have the Max4.2 file, xsi, and model zipped up for any that want it to help with their own models.

I also gave it too Razor Ace to up to the OJP repository.

Uses: bolt_holster

saber

saber2

staff

blaster

blaster2 (for dual blaster mods)

launcher

Golan (because its so big and would clip if attached to the launcher tag)

Originally posted by keshire

2004393478342260865377.jpg

I have the Max4.2 file, xsi, and model zipped up for any that want it to help with their own models.

I also gave it too Razor Ace to up to the OJP repository.

Uses: bolt_holster

saber

saber2

staff

blaster

blaster2 (for dual blaster mods)

launcher

Golan (because its so big and would clip if attached to the launcher tag)

I believe ksk h2o wished to use this.

Malak is NOT finished yet. I need to finish the shader, add weighing to the face, and add the bolts that make him compatible with OJP.

ah yeah, he did. You can see the thread here

The bolts seem to work very well keshire.

I just have a slight remark I would like to make.

There are a few weapons out there with the 'sword' class meaning that the blade is and actual physical blade and not a light saber blade.

These weapons, when bolted onto the existing tags look very awkward. The sword points straight down the leg and can clip with the floor.

Now the hilts look sweet when positionaed in a vertical manner like they are, but the physical weapons I think need a different positioning. I wold rotate them about 90 degrees so they are parallel to the ground and not perpendicular... just a thought.

Of course I don't even know if it's possible to seperate which tag physical blades bolt to and which tags energy blades bolt to.

Of course you could make things easier by just turning the exisitng saber tags 90 degrees, yet I don't know if that would look right with normal lightsaber hilts.

Another thing that I found a little problematic (but I guess there is no way around it) would be aligning these bolts in custom model types. Since the lower mesh can be changed, and usually does not have the same shape as the other mesh, a single alignment location does cause some clipping problems.

But hey, not that many custom model types out there.

Luckily you can position/rotate/weight the tags any way you like. Currently anything classed as two handed is bolted to the staff bolt. I'd hope most swords would be classed two-handed if not the code can be changed to specify that no-bladed saber go on the back.

I have no problem rotating and positioning the tags, yet if I modify the main saber tags, it will also affect the way regular lightsaber hilts are holstered.

Here are a few screen shots to illustrate what I mean.

If I bolt for example a katana onto the saber holster, it goes right through the foot and through the floor. If I rotate the saber hilt bolt to make a normal sword look good, the saber hilt looks a little out of place.

I was thinking adding two more holster tags for regular swords, and positioning these accordingly... (i know more tags = bad but hey).

ojp1.jpgojp2.jpg

ojp3.jpgojp4.jpg

Ya, I know what you mean. In the mean time we'll bolt them to the staff bolt. Once the offset code gets written we'll be able to control the postion and rotation with an external file. But the offset method won't be able to make them rag or give them hit detection.

So you can place the staff bolt along the leg if you choose.

I guess modifying the code to bolt regular swords to the staff tag is a good interim solution.

Not all swords are classified as two handed as you can't dual wield two handed swords, and the default stance is set to the staff stance, complicating moves.

As for my project, I'll leave the tags in their default positions.

For special models such as a samurai/etc, I'll position the two saber hilt tags as if he were really carrying two swords samurai style (both on the same side, cirss crossing). But for non specific models I'll just leave the tags where they are and hope the code is modified to bolt all sword classes to the staff tag.

=)

Hi, this Open Jedi Project seems interesting. Especially this visual weapon stuff. Anyways I have few questions:

1 - This project is for JA, isn't it?

2 - What do you mean with "I have 3dsmax 4.2 files, xsi..."?

Thank you for this. Raven should have done this kind of things, but they didn't. They're too lazy... Time to read more about this OJP. Keep working and thank you a lot.

Archived