Home

OJP Visual Weapons WIP

keshire

Originally posted by N3G1@

1 - This project is for JA, isn't it?

2 - What do you mean with "I have 3dsmax 4.2 files, xsi..."?

1 - Yes.

2- Did you read: and model zipped up for any that want it to help with their own models.

That means that if you want an example he has an xsi and a max example.. :c3po:

Everything looks very cool. Why did the people who made the game make that BlasTech look so retardedly huge?

Antizac did make a smaller version of the BlasTech (I don't know if you knew about it already or not) that can be downloaded here:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/4162/

I think the default one looks rather large as well. Really awkward.:confused:

It would really look good with this visual weapons feature.

Great job!:)

originally posted by Spiffy_G

Any new updates on the mod?

I believe that the latest Beta of OJP has it included (Beta 6), but you need models with the new tags to see the weapons displayed. (Someone can correct me if it isn't in the mod yet, but I'm pretty sure it is.)

http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=542

Link to Beta in the Beta Testers Thread.:)

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by ObiKast

I cant find the beta version 6 link. :/

It's in this thread here, approximately 1/3 down the page:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123709&perpage=40&pagenumber=3

The link for the basic Beta is right below that and it includes the visual weapons as well.

Originally posted by darthviper107 Cool, I'll have to make my models compatible, is there a way I can get a hold of the Max file with all of the new tags?

Information about obtaining a max file with the tags can be found in the following thread. It's up at the repository.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119776

Originally posted by Thrawn42689 Hehe. The weapons in JA are so ridiculously huge. Great work!

That's why I use Antizac's smaller blaster. ;)

Originally posted by SithOfDoom!

I downloaded the OJP beta, but I couldn't get two guns and I couldn't strap my double-bladed lightsaber to my back. :confused:

The two guns is, as of yet, not in OJP. That's part of Movie Battle II that RenegadeOfPhunk is working on and that isn't released yet. I have no idea if their are plans or not to put the dual pistols in OJP. You'd probably have to ask Razorace in the OJP forums area.

To have the visual weapons show up, you need a model that has the new tags. Keshire has added tags to Kyle and a few others but he had to reweight them. I don't beleive he's released those.

That Darth Malak model by ksk h2o has the tags for lightsabers, so you can download that to check it out. :)

I don't know of other released models that have the new tags, but there very well may be some.

Anyways, hope that helps.

Originally posted by SithOfDoom!

I still can't see my weapons, I downloaded the Darth Malak model, didn't help. :(

I don't know how many tags ksk h2o used on his model, but I do know for sure that single blade lightsabers appear on the front of the legs when you have a different weapon out.

Try using single or dual saber styles and pulling out a different weapon. You may have to use some cvars to get a better look at the front.

Bring down the console ("shift" + "~") and type devmap mp/ffa3.

Once the map loads type cg_thirdpersonangle 180. Then you can get a good look at Malak's front.

Yes, ObiKast that is the link. In fact I'll just post direct links to both of them right now. I hadn't thought of doing it like that. Good idea!;)

Enhanced v0.0.2 Beta 6

Basis v0.0.5 Beta 1

There you go!

• 1 month later...

Archived