Home

Bay Area Sam & Max Fans! Picket-Line Protest!

Krash Kow

Originally posted by Pork_Soda

I know this is a bit of a stretch, but maybe you could put a little ad in the local paper to help generate more support for the rally?

Hmmm...Possibly...I gotta see what my budget will pheasably allow.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by toenail1

YES! someone finally taking my ideas (not in a bad way though)

we should all do that!!! unfortunately i havent been in a gaming store in like a month, so i havent had an opportunity to do it yet

PS: did you think of that yourself, or read my post? if you made it by yourself, then it proves great minds think alike

PPS: krashkow, if you read my thread in the mainstream section (a big boost to that cause) i want you to know i meantion your picket line in there, if they post it up (just read my thread and you'll know what im talking about) it will be a GREAT boost to your picket

I thought of it myself ;) and yes equal kids plays best :) I have also hidden Armed and Dangerous ;) So no LA game other than the adventure kind, cant rest easy Muahahahahaha :)

We shall never surrender...

If there is going to be a protest in CA, how many people are going to show up, I hope it doesn't turn out to be a joke and end up having only like 20 people there. Hopefully, there are a lot of fans in Cali that are willing to participate in this event. If it turns out the way I would of want it to, Then send me pics!!! Unfortunately I am unable to attend this event because of my residence as an east coaster...:(

Hey folks. It's is I. I've had to postpone the protest until monday. However, I may end up being the only fellow out there. Almost all of the e-mails have come from out-of-staters giving me support (which is cool). Not many in the bay area seem to be biting.

Alright folks, a severe complication has arisen in the whole picketing plan. Today I mounted a reconnaissance mission to San Rafael to get a lay of the place and figure out good meeting points, good places to leave cars and most of all, figure the best spot to picket at Lucasarts headquarters. Using the direction I had to the Lucasarts Main Office, I found myself in a posh residential neighborhood, with home behind gates and such. I followed the road (Summit Ave.) all the way until it became another road and dumped out at Dominican University. I kept searching for quite a while, but to no avail. It seems that the address of Lucasarts HQ is a decoy. Needless to say, I’m quite frustrated by this.

With this in mind, I’m going to have to call the protest a wash for the time being. I’ve contacted Steve Purcell and asked him for Lucasarts’ offices address, but he seemed reticent when it came to revealing the location (perhaps a condidentiality clause?) With this in mind, if anyone has any suggestions about where to go from here, I’m listening. If you know where to go, let me know. Or, if anyone has any other ideas about how to take the fight to Lucasarts, I’m all ears. I’m sorry about all this folks. Guess it’s back to the drawing board. Again, contact me if you have any info or suggestions.

~Mike Smith

I feel like we're at war here. I'll get the tanks; let's take these suckers down!

Any who, you'd think you'd check if the office was there first. Gathering rabid fans in a residential area would've been a disaster. Think about the children! :eek:

So I guess the picket line fell through? Damn, I was really looking forward to pictures. Anyway, I guess the next thing to do is gather everybody for E3. One problem: E3 isn't open to the public. You have to be industry to register and attend. Anybody have any industry contacts that would be willing to take a lot of flak for allowing a bunch of pissed off geeks to register? If we can't enter, we can always just congregate in front of the LA Convention center with T-Shirts. I think the "Save Max" image has already been uploaded to cafepress. Someone better informed and connected than I should step up and take charge of the E3 Event.

Good news folks. I was just given new directions to Lucasarts headquarters and I think the protest is a go again. However, I'm on spring break and no longer in town. I will use this time to plan, however. I will be getting everyone more details. I really want to make this work and now I have the tools to do it. I'll update this thread as soon as I have more info. New date wouldn't be for at least another week and a half though. Sorry for the big SNAFU this has been, but I'll try and rectify it.

Originally posted by Dr Edison 007

Okay, so were has the hate mail fans sent been going to?

The right place. The headquarters address I got was off of switchboard.com, and they were oh so incredibly inaccurate. Hmmm...I wonder if they were using switchboard.com when looking for WMDs in Iraq?

Hehe! I'm being topical! :D

Archived