Home

Bay Area Sam & Max Fans! Picket-Line Protest!

Krash Kow

Originally posted by Dr Edison 007

Okay, so were has the hate mail fans sent been going to?

We've been sending to a PO box, which is most likely accurate, since it's from LucasArts's webpage. Still, it might be nice to have a physical address to make absolutely certain that our mail reaches its intended destination...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LucasArts has been operating from a PO box for years, and you can be certain that mail will reach them that way.

I hope you realize that nobody ever set up a decoy office or gave out a false address, LEC simply doesn't list their street address, just the PO box. When you looked at the map on switchboard.com it didn't know what street to map, so it placed the star in the dead center of San Rafael (as do all map services if they don't have enough info). And that center happens to be Summit Ave.

would a protest outside of E3 of people who cant get into e3 work? maybe we could hand out information abt sam & max 2 's cancellation 2 all the industry insiders..and they could take up the cause inside by ignoring lucasarts or telling themn abt their disappointment of the cancellation...

The E3 expo is going to be in LA from May 12-14.

Here's the info:

http://www.e3expo.com/e3expo/

To be eliglible to get a free exhibits pass, you have to provide industry ID in the form of:

Resale Tax Certificate

Company Credit Card

Insurance Card

Business Ad (with business card)

Business License

Commercial Lease (WITH COMPANY NAME)

Paycheck Stub

W-2 Form

So let's start working connections. Maybe another Adventure Game manufacturer will sponsor us, but to do so would earn the ire of Lucasarts.

More realistically though, we're looking at a protest outside the LA convention center. It's big and we probably won't be harassed by security if we behave. LAPD will be there as well. Best thing to do is just to organize a bunch of people, have them all wear "Max Lives" T-Shirts, and it should get our point across. Media will be there, so if they see a bunch of us, they're going to ask and see what the fuss is about. They'll think the game got reinstated or something and go inside and bug Lucasarts. I can host a few people as I used to live in LA and have a bunch of connections. Sign ups, anyone?

I'm not near the Los Angeles area, so I can't attend. :( I'd love to though.

I think an E3 protest would be much more effective than a San Rafael 5-person protest. Handing out fliers and wearing T-shirts will definitely attract attention from other fans and the press.

Gotta keep fighting. We'll win this.

Originally posted by toenail1

PROFESSIONAL MAGAZINES ARE NOT GOING TO PROTEST!!! ITS NO USE TRYING TO GET A PROTEST STARTED IN E3, EVERYBODY IN THERE IS A PROFESSIONAL!!! THEY'RE ON THEIR JOB!!!

He's right. Maybe some of the smaller ones, but not major ones.

Maybe some of the smaller ones, but not major ones

no, none of them will, it's unprofessional

there not gonna protest but they'll tell lucasarts what a ****ed up decision cancelling sam & max 2 was..and that they were looking forward 2 it...

HA! you would like that wouldn't you, but again they wont

Why all the negative stuff? Nothing will ever happen if we don't try something. Who cares if it looks stupid, or no one will care.

You have a 0% chance of getting something done if you don't try it, and even if doing the protest increases the odds by 0.001% then should be worth taking.

I'll support whatever ideas come out, 'cause if we just sit around and bitch, then there is no chance of this game coming back.

I'll support whatever ideas come out, 'cause if we just sit around and bitch, then there is no chance of this game coming back.

THERE IS NO HOPE! LEC DOESNT CARE, THEY NEVER WILL, AND THEY DONT HAVE TOO! HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR YOU PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND THAT LEC IS AN EVIL EVIL COMPANY WHO CANNOT BE TRUSTED!

1. YOU WONT GET IN

2. PROFESSIONALS WONT PROTEST! THEY WONT GAIN ANY FANS THAT WAY!!! THEY ARE CALLED PROFESSIONALS CUZ THEY ACT PROFESSIONALLY

WHY CANT WE ALL JUST REMEMBER THE GOOD STUFF ABOUT SAM AND MAX AND STOP WORRYING ABOUT THE CANCELLED SEQUEL! LETS CHANGE THINGS BAC TO HOW THEY WERE BEFORE LEC SCREWED IT ALL UP!!!

I WILL NOT BE HAPPY UNTIL ADVENTURE GAMES MAKE A COMEBACK! I AM SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING OF HALO, HALF LIFE AND GRAND THEFT AUTO CLONES BEING GLORIFIED, AND ORIGINAL GAMES LIKE ADVENTURE GAMES, PSYCHONAUTS AND A FEW OTHERS ARE RESPECTED

AND WHY THE HELL ARE WE TYPING IN ALL CAPS!?

*runs off weeping, defeated by cynical logic*

Originally posted by toenail1

1. YOU WONT GET IN

2. PROFESSIONALS WONT PROTEST! THEY WONT GAIN ANY FANS THAT WAY!!! THEY ARE CALLED PROFESSIONALS CUZ THEY ACT PROFESSIONALLY

Yes, but you miss one point there. They are professionals and they won't protest, I give you that. But they are professional journalists and in that function they can do their job: Reporting the events happening at E3. So if there are enough people there (outside) who show their protest, then the professionals will have something they can report about.

I wouldn't call it all that improbable that some magazines might do a tradeshow newsflash on the matter.

I say go for it. Unluckily Germany is too far away for me to go myself but I would if I was nearer to LA

Best of luck to you!

Jeeze toenail, what do you think is gonna happen if someone DOES do this? If the person makes an ass of themselves doing it, Sam & Max isn't just going to explode at dissapear from existance. No, if someone does do something the worst that can happen is nothing. People might aswell try, and just because you think that Lucas Arts is stubborn and will probably do nothing doesn't mean we can't give it a shot. We might as well, what have we got to lose? (besides our pride ;) )

Jeeze toenail, what do you think is gonna happen if someone DOES do this? If the person makes an ass of themselves doing it, Sam & Max isn't just going to explode at dissapear from existance. No, if someone does do something the worst that can happen is nothing.

That's the point. Nothing will happen. LEC will say "no comment" or something like that, then continue to push out s***t.

Why waste the effort of trying to get this going. Thats my point.

Originally posted by Pork_Soda

Jeeze toenail, what do you think is gonna happen if someone DOES do this? If the person makes an ass of themselves doing it, Sam & Max isn't just going to explode at dissapear from existance. No, if someone does do something the worst that can happen is nothing. People might aswell try, and just because you think that Lucas Arts is stubborn and will probably do nothing doesn't mean we can't give it a shot. We might as well, what have we got to lose? (besides our pride ;) )

you do it for purcell stemmle and the development team who spent all this time on the game

Archived