Home

Oh LucasArts, how do I hate thee...

34) You no longer continue to support Day of the Tentacle, my second favorite adventure game (Sam and Max being #1)

35) You're going to announce Monkey Island 5: LeChuck Strikes Back, but we all know it would just be a Star Wars tie-in.

36) Even if it was MI, 3D graphics, point-n-click, 5 CDs, Ron Gilbert involved, you'd cancel it after hyping everybody up.

37) No leader right now

38) Your sales department

39) Star Wars

40) You torture your fans...well, what fans you have left

41) You have the nerve to show your face at E3

42)......

;)

Why the hatred towards Star Wars? Star Wars sells.. big.

9) You decided in 2000 never to make another "classic trilogy" Star Wars game and insisted all new games would be set in the "new" Phantom Menace universe. When you realized what a stupid idea this was (thank to everyone complaining) you changed your mind.

..... *cries* i still dont see any Classic Trilogy games on the shelf....

They need to realise, that by making quality games (and movies... Episode 1 and 2 just dont match up to the OT) they will make more money.

42) You attracted SyntheticGerbil, one of the most annoying members who still manages to be un-banned, back to the Sam and Max forums, so now the Sam and Max fans must suffer.

By the way, nothing's wrong with Star Wars, but you can only drag a dead horse so far.

Originally posted by lukeskywalker1

Why the hatred towards Star Wars? Star Wars sells.. big. they will make more money.

Exactly, they only care about making money from over merchandised Starwars games and don't care about making quality games anymore. Yes, starwars is a nice thing, i love the movies and obviously there are a thousand stories that can be told in the Starwars universe, but bloody hell, at least try to make a good game without putting the words star and wars infront of it, a lot of other game companies seem to ba able to do this (the fact that other companies actually can't put star wars infron of their games is even better as they look to other places for good ideas and hey presto, seem to come up with them)

Oh, and Thunderpeel, the logo was made for Lucasarts, but LA went and subcontracted a completely different company to design it instead of using their own designers to make the logo and the whole idea was none of the original LA guys idea at all (despite what LA say)

Originally posted by Skinkie

Um... isn't the Rogue Squadron series Classic Trilogy? And awesome.. or they were till Sam and Max was cancelled.

RS is the only OT game recently released that i can .. the only thing i hate about LA is cancelling sam&max2 and full throttle (but especially S&M)

and they should try to publish less but make more

500!

Oh, and Thunderpeel, the logo was made for Lucasarts, but LA went and subcontracted a completely different company to design it instead of using their own designers to make the logo and the whole idea was none of the original LA guys idea at all (despite what LA say)

Not quite... but I can't find the MixNMojo article to back me up?!?! Where'd it go???

• 2 weeks later...

Archived