Home

Lucasarts Entertainment Pack

freddie

Originally posted by Draco2.0

I have the Lucas Arts classics pack. I might be interested in trading it.

The pack with the 4 dvd style cases with Sam&Max, The Dig, Full Throttle, and Grim Fandango? What are you looking for?

Originally posted by CaliMonk

By the way, Freddie is the CD-ROM release of Monkey island 2: Le Chuck's revenge rare?

Or is it pretty common?

I happend to stumble upon it and was able to buy it for $20, i'm willing to scan it if there's a need for that.

Show me a picture so that I can see what you are talking about exactly as Monkey Island 2 was never released on cdrom so perhaps you have something from one of the archives, monkey island madness, that sort of thing.

Originally posted by CaliMonk

By the way, Freddie is the CD-ROM release of Monkey island 2: Le Chuck's revenge rare?

Or is it pretty common?

I happend to stumble upon it and was able to buy it for $20, i'm willing to scan it if there's a need for that.

It's not rare. AFAIK, the floppy version is rarer.

Monkey Island 2 on floppy is not rare, look on eBay and you'll generally see one on auction.

Monkey Island 2 was not released on cdrom. It has been re-released on cdrom in the following english titles that I am aware of:

Monkey Island Archives (Monkey Island Trilogy) which includes "Monkey Island Madness" which is Mi1 and Mi2 on cd.

Lucasarts Archives III which includes Monkey Island Madness

Monkey Island Madness by itself (still available from Lucasarts)

Monkey Island 1 & 2 White Label White or Red box Releases

I have never seen Monkey Island 2 by itelf on a cdrom. I suppose it it possible Software toolworks released a cdrom version just as they did for Loom, Monkey Island 1, and Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe but I have never seen it or heard of it.

Now Monkey Island 2 was released on Fm Towns, which is a cdrom but I would doubt you have that version.

Well i haven't received it yet, but i do have a picture of the auction i won it with.

<gone>

I personally never knew it even existed, but it seems logical why would they only release the FIRST monkey island on CD-ROM (Which is older) and NOT do the second one too? :)

Once i receive it i'll make better scans, as this is just a photo

I guess no one saw that screenshot i linked to, unfortunatly its already gone and i didn't save it.

I should however receive the package today, if i receive it i'll scan it right away.

Doesn't anyone have a CD version of Monkey Island 2? (Sold in a seperate box like MI 2)

It really wouldn't suprise me if a CD version of just MI2 turned up, LucasArts are hardly helpful when it comes to a back-catalogue. The thing that intrigues me is, the CD version of MI1 actually had an improved score. As there was never a "talkie" Monkey Island 1 OR 2, (despite PC Gamer's claims to the contrary) it would be extremely odd indeed if they made a CD that only actually contained about 14Mb of data. Okay, so maybe it would be good against copyright, as no-one had a CD-R in 1992, and it would be easier to install and less likely to corrupt... but would LucasArts invest in releasing it on CD for these aesthetic improvements? Perhaps it has some kind of improved score, which would warrant a CD release... I hope so, anyway :D

Well, if you have a "German" version then that doesn't count. I mean I see cdrom versions of Zak McKracken on eBay germany right now.

I believe the cdrom releases of Loom, Monkey Island and Secret Weapons of The Luftwaffe were all done by Lucasarts as package tie ins to promote that new piece of hardware, known as the cdrom. That is why they just threw some redbook audio to promote the capabilities of the "cdrom" and "soundcard". At some point they decided to take some of the extra OEM packages and make them into boxes and sell them, though not very common. I just missed the boxed version of SWOTL a couple weeks ago or I would have them all.

It is indeed a German version, i personally aren't too fond of the german language but perhaps i'll just go and play it some day.

Its been published by a german company called softgold, it seems to have been released in 1994.

The game unfortunatly is in full german, it does seem to run just fine on my Windows 2000 and i'll might just complete it one day (polish up my german along the way). It also works fine with ScummVM 6.0pre, just use it as Monkey Island 2.

There are some demos on the disk as well:

REBEL - Rebel Assault Demo

SAMMAX - Sam & Max Demo

DOTT - Day of the Tentacle Demo

LOLLY - Lollypop Demo

ITEDEMO - Inherit the Earth Demo

RLOFT - Ravenloft Demo v3.0

SSIDEMO - SSI Demo

MENZO - Menzoberranzan Demo

TIEDEMO - Tie Fighter Demo

SLIDE - Slide Show Softgold Products

Archived