Home

KotOR/TSL Global Variable Comparison Tool

v1.0.3 released

- Support for KotOR & TSL

- Added a Save to File button

- Changed savegame listboxes to dropdown lists

Legacy text:

In extending the savegame editor to include the editing of global variables, I've realized how little I know about the inner workings of the game. This tool provides a glimpse into how the global variables change as gameplay progresses.

The tool allows you compare two savegames' global variables (booleans numerics and strings). I hope it can help increase our overall understanding of the game.

Yay! I'm finally a Pit Droid now. :r2d2:

this a cool tool. I just loaded up two save games one was my first game DS and the other was I think the 4th LS. There are alot of differences. It does show bit more of how much work it takes to make a game.

My only complaint I have about this KSE and KGC is that there is no wheel mouse support :( lol I know it's a small detail but I have been useing a wheel mouse for 5 years now and when I can't it use it's almost like useing a PC without a mouse at all.

:) very minor complaint though I can live with it. and your tools are great.

I'll see what I can do about that, T7. Perl/Tk does provide a method for supporting wheel-mice and I was too lazy to include it.

I do appreciate feedback like that. :)

Edit: actually that tells me you're running Windows XP -- mousewheel support is available for other Windows' OS's. It's a weird thing about XP losing focus of the pane you're trying to scroll.

• 11 months later...
Originally posted by tk102

v1.0.3 released.

In preparation from some more serious modding of TSL and by request, I've re-released the Global Variable Comparison tool.

Thanks! Now we only need findrefs to complete the package :D

...erm...and dlgedit too...this gff thing can be a pain in the *** for long dialogues :(

Thank you.

Thanks! Now we only need findrefs to complete the package

...erm...and dlgedit too...this gff thing can be a pain in the *** for long dialogues

Um, I thought dlgeditor worked fine on TSL dlg's. I will admitt I haven't tried to write a new dialog but they seem to open fine.

Originally posted by T7nowhere

Thank you.

Um, I thought dlgeditor worked fine on TSL dlg's. I will admitt I haven't tried to write a new dialog but they seem to open fine.

Hmmm...dlgeditor crashed when I tried to open Kreia's dlg file this morning :confused:

Speaking of dlg files...anyone know where all the non-party NPC dialogs are hiding? I found the files for the transit systems, workbenches, and party NPC's but can't find any of the others using KT. TIA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
v1.0.3 released

- Support for KotOR & TSL

- Added a Save to File button

- Changed savegame listboxes to dropdown lists

Legacy text:

In extending the savegame editor to include the editing of global variables, I've realized how little I know about the inner workings of the game. This tool provides a glimpse into how the global variables change as gameplay progresses.

The tool allows you compare two savegames' global variables (booleans numerics and strings). I hope it can help increase our overall understanding of the game.

Yay! I'm finally a Pit Droid now. :r2d2:

yo can you make a youtube vid about how to use it oh yeah if possible could u use bossr and recruit nichos mod

Archived