Home

saber throw hack ?

Farscape

Hi, When playing games I noticed that a person spectating asks someone to throw saber at level 3 then it just flys off into disappearing and then the spectator can someone invisible saber people that does 30 damage at a time to people ? Is this an exploit or something?

Were any mods being used? Admin mods (server side even) can do a lot of screwed up crap to a game.

Likewise, was it 1.04 and a pure server?

It's possible of course, since there were several exploits in the JK2 code that weren't really fixed until JA and the JA patch!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Well thats quite a statement. Did you even think before replying or did you just want to say something negative?

Let me guess, you're 17 and you still live with your parents?

I know what I've seen so its odd that you'd dismiss it so fast. The incident that took place was unprecedented, he took over the server and messed things up pretty bad (he was not a former admin). Riceplant, You take this stuff pretty darn seriously. Please, try not to be such a little kid.

Go clean your room,

V

Perhaps a little consistency would be in order. Did he 'own' everyone on the server (as implied by your previous post), or did he take control of the actual server (as stated in your second post). I'm not sure where you get the idea I take this seriously, as I just pointed out that you don't need to cheat to be good at the game, and there seems to me to be a deal of ambiguity in what I was 'dismissing so fast'.

By the way, congratulations, you found the User Profile page!

Perhaps a little consistency would be in order. Did he 'own' everyone on the server (as implied by your previous post), or did he take control of the actual server (as stated in your second post). I'm not sure where you get the idea I take this seriously, as I just pointed out that you don't need to cheat to be good at the game, and there seems to me to be a deal of ambiguity in what I was 'dismissing so fast'.

By the way, congratulations, you found the User Profile page!

Well if you didn't know then why be so caustic? When your rude to people in real life do you get your way? I doubt you're rude to people in person, you probably know better than that.

In my previous post I stated that I've seen a server completely owned by a hacker, yes this means that he could do whatever he liked with the server though he was most definantly not formerly or currently an admin. The stuff he was doing to people and the server itself was very odd, eventually it restarted.

Obviously this stuff goes on, I was just trying to get peoples take on it without starting a new thread.

Some how I'm guessing you won't have anything productive to say anyway and for being on here for only a month more than me it seems you spend alot of time here. (post count)

By the way, I guessed your age... whenever I encounter a brat on the internet I say something to the same effect, because its true.

- V

I'm not, simply explaining myself and educating this young man on the merits of respectful discourse.

Oh yeah, because you're so qualified to inform others of what respect is. :dozey:

Let me guess, you're 17 and you still live with your parents?

(Just FYI - at seventeen you're still by law your parents' responsibility)

Please, try not to be such a little kid.

Go clean your room,

:rolleyes:

And to the topic, uh, sorry but there's no hackers in your game. Chances are it's either a glitch or screwy damages in a server mod. Unless you just aren't too good at the game...

Wow the anger, the hostility! Why did you even post? Did you add anything to the discussion other than your hostility?

So your saying there isn't and never was any cheaters in JO? How long have you been playing?

I try to bring up an honest discussion, in a existing thread and I'm met by animosity for simply mentioning the word "cheat." Did I touch a nerve here?

Or was it the age comment I made? Ya know I'm not much older than he is but I know that at 17 we all think we're very important for some reason. I know that at 17 you're still OWNED by your parents and thats why they lack the credibility to make snooty comments... if anyone does have that credibility, I haven't found it yet.

By the way, its not really my game. I believe the copyright belongs to Lucas Arts and they are not responsible for what happens during online play.

Please, everyone, if you don't have anything to add but negativity please

just don't post here. I will only laugh at your nerd rage.

There is cheating in JO and you know it, whether or not you consider it cheating because you're an active participant... is up for debate.

p.s. I bet all the girlz think your sig is the rage TK-8252

There were hacks and exploits in the game, but they were typically very rare after the patches.

The trouble is that there are indeed some MODS that are widely used that have BACKDOORS built into them and major exploits, that allow people to generally raise hell if they know the right buttons to press. Was this a mod server or unmodded?

If it was running one of the many admin mods out there I'd dismiss this out of hand as the result of some kind of mod glitch or backdoor. That doesn't rule out the possibility, but it certainly raises some giant red flags!

Anyway melord, it sounds like you're very angry about this, but please don't assume that we're cheaters if we don't immediately agree with you!

I know that certain cheats do exist, such as wallhacks and aimbots, but they are rare, because they don't confer much of an advantage by the nature of the game. The other deal is scripting, which some consider to be cheating, others don't. There's examples of some weirdness like moves with "broken" animations that kill in one hit and are unblockable, and "wiggling" moves that do way more damage than they're supposed to normally, and the "debug" animations being available for incorrectly compiled mods.

Supposedly there was some glitch in JA wherein a person could overload and crash a server somehow. But I don't know how to do any of these. You'd have to get into real specifics here, for us to have any idea what's going on.

A lot of weird glitches exist in the game, but not all of them can be used to take advantage and ruin the game consistently on purpose... and since LucasArts has not given Raven Software permission to release anymore patches for the game, any fixes will have to go through modders. But it seems the serious coders have all moved onto JA or other games, but I could be wrong about that...

Wow the anger, the hostility! Why did you even post? Did you add anything to the discussion other than your hostility?

Perhaps you should be asking yourself the same questions.

So your saying there isn't and never was any cheaters in JO? How long have you been playing?

When the hell did I ever say that?

I played it for a couple years. I don't automatically assume that just because someone's better than me that they're cheating, hacking, etc.

I try to bring up an honest discussion, in a existing thread and I'm met by animosity for simply mentioning the word "cheat." Did I touch a nerve here?

Your idea of an "honest discussion" is telling those who disagree with you that they're little nerd kids who need to go clean up their room? Your idea of an honest discussion is highly perverse.

Or was it the age comment I made? Ya know I'm not much older than he is but I know that at 17 we all think we're very important for some reason. I know that at 17 you're still OWNED by your parents and thats why they lack the credibility to make snooty comments... if anyone does have that credibility, I haven't found it yet.

Wait, since when does age determine credibility?

Please, everyone, if you don't have anything to add but negativity please just don't post here.

You, sir, someone who's been at LucasForums for a little over a month, do not dictate who can and cannot post here. Now follow your own advice.

I will only laugh at your nerd rage.

How strangely ironic.

There is cheating in JO and you know it, whether or not you consider it cheating because you're an active participant... is up for debate.

...Of course there's cheating. People use helpusobi 1 and devmap all the time to get god mode, all weapons, etc. Then there's admin mods who allow the admins and their friends to use powers that are essentially cheating. But hacking, on the other hand, is likely non-existant as there's really no competitive play in JO anymore.

p.s. I bet all the girlz think your sig is the rage TK-8252

Wait, there's GURLZ on the INTRANET?

BLASPHEMY!

Thank you Kurgan! Thats the kind of response I was looking for, I'm the first to admit that I'm no expert on this and its the very reason why I brought the topic up.

The server in question did have an admin mod so its very plausable that he was using some exploit.

I would consider scripts cheating as the point of the game is to play against a player, not some piece of code. I do believe I have encountered this though I'm still able to beat them so its not too big of a deal.

and I don't consider them cheaters, simply bringing it up as a possible reason for their disdain.

I will admit that I did get a bit testy, can you blame me? All I was met with was animosity, I can't help but reply with some off commentary though I do try to keep it tasteful.

Thanks Kurgan

Perhaps you should be asking yourself the same questions.

When the hell did I ever say that?

I played it for a couple years. I don't automatically assume that just because someone's better than me that they're cheating, hacking, etc.

Your idea of an "honest discussion" is telling those who disagree with you that they're little nerd kids who need to go clean up their room? Your idea of an honest discussion is highly perverse.

Wait, since when does age determine credibility?

You, sir, someone who's been at LucasForums for a little over a month, do not dictate who can and cannot post here. Now follow your own advice.

How strangely ironic.

...Of course there's cheating. People use helpusobi 1 and devmap all the time to get god mode, all weapons, etc. Then there's admin mods who allow the admins and their friends to use powers that are essentially cheating. But hacking, on the other hand, is likely non-existant as there's really no competitive play in JO anymore.

Wait, there's GURLZ on the INTRANET?

BLASPHEMY!

Did I ever say I was getting owned by players on JO? I simply said someone owned a server right in front of me, hardly blaming someone for their skill.

Honest discussion? That would be if you two had actually posted something of substance like our dear friend Kurgan. You didn't, so I responded in kind. I'm really sorry if the little kid comments offended you, they didn't offend me.

I'm also sorry to tell you that age, experience and self-reliance does determine credibility. When you move out of your parents house, this harsh reality will dawn on you and you might remember our conversation.

and you're right, I cannot dictate who posts here, only Kurgan can do that. I only asked that negative people like you wouldn't post here, just a suggestion.

Of course there's cheating. People use helpusobi 1 and devmap all the time to get god mode, all weapons, etc. Then there's admin mods who allow the admins and their friends to use powers that are essentially cheating. But hacking, on the other hand, is likely non-existant as there's really no competitive play in JO anymore.

You're entitled to your oppinion, perhaps you should have voiced it before callously disregarding mine? Wait that would have been to polite for someone as "all knowing" as you. You just don't have the time.

Wrong, I can too, and if you don't stop flamebaiting I'll just delete your posts until you get the message.

Final warning.

My apologies but I don't see how I'm the one flame baiting, these two come to this thread with nothing but negativity and I'm supposed to be a doormat?

Was I baiting Kurgan? No, because he actually posted something of substance.

Come on.

Archived