Best Artificial Life Form  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Best Artificial Life Form

• T-801 "You've been terminated."
    • T-X "She'll be back."
    • Smith "Me too."
    • Megaman.exe "Awww yeah, baby!"
    • Rommie "He may not be a god, but on this ship, I am!"

Let's try this again, since I have to start a new thread to get the polling options. And since none of you chimed in, I'll choose all the nominees. :D

T801.txt

First up is the T-801 from Terminator 3. You know him, you fear him, the original iconic Terminator. What makes his T3 performance stand out was, for the first time, the appearance of angst when TX rebooted him. Even the "Nice Guy" Terminator from T2 (and T2:3D) never experienced the self-doubt of having to overcome his own programming.

Image from http://www.celebritiesworldwide.com/69.

terminatrix.jpg

The T-X "Terminatrix." She's cool, she's hot, she's multi-temperature. A fusion of T1-style robotics with T2-era polymorphic liquid metal, and equipped with a variety of reconfigurable systems optimized for turn-of-the-millennium combat, the T-X is the latest word in cybernetic assassination technology.

Image from http://www.killermovies.com/t/terminator3/articles/3050.html.

808-2-k0059.jpg

Agent Smith. As I mentioned in my Matrix thread a while back, Smith is the true "One," doing what Neo should've been doing; replicating his own powers (as opposed to angsting around in circles). Ultimately, Smith was the Scourge that assumed the entire Matrix into himself, and made Neo's victory possible. He was the one unpredictable, random variable in the code that unravelled the entire program.

image from Matrix Fansite.

Megaman.txt

Megaman.exe, known as Megaman NT Warrior in North America. The show is equal parts Digimon and Reboot, with Megs' trademark cocky self-confidence carrying the show. Plus, Megaman tends to get the coolest (and best-delivered) dialogue.

Image lifted from Rockman-exe Online and 'ported to Geocities 'cause freakin' no-one has linkable pics of this guy.

S4_401_rommieholo.jpg

The AI avatar from Andromeda's titular ship, the Andromeda Ascendant. Her official designation is Shining Path to Truth and Knowledge AI model GRA 112, serial number XMC-10-182. Friends call her "Rommie," enemies don't usually say all that much before she kills their asses. Seen here in holographic format, Rommie supports a virtual avatar in addition to dozens of stormtrooper-like robots, thousands of nanobots, Andromeda's entire complement of remotely-controllable fighters, a half-dozen sensor drones, two huge-ass gattling-cannon-armed war-mechs (!), and a beautiful "Ship-made-flesh" android (which Harper assures us is anatomically correct). She also exhibits intelligence, poise and elegance even in the face of Dylan's growing idiocy.

Image from AndromedaTV.com.

I was going to include "Number six" from Galactica 2003, but it didn't actually air in Canada until January. She will be in next year's list.

Edit to resize Arnie's big giant head from freaking out the entire forums.

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by Siv

Smith was just the perfect blend of arrogance and evilness

totally agree there siv Smith is by far the best. If the Terminators meet Agent Smith..... umm..... i mean Smiths they would meet a whole world of pain.

Archived