Home

http://www.savesamandmax.com

samandmaxfiend

it had to be done..so i did it.. if every1 can let as many people know about the website..

below is a press release..if people could help me get it to as many sites as possible..especially the sites that ran the sam & max cancellation press release

Savesamandmax.com Press Release

Savesamandmax.com website launched.

In less than a week after Lucasarts announcement that it has stopped production on Sam & Max: Freelance Police a Save Sam & Max Website has been launched. The Site is dedicated to forcing LucasArts to reverse their decision and have Sam & Max 2 finished and released. There was a lot of frustration, anger and resentment after LucasArts shock announcement and the creator of http://www.savesamandmax.com wants to "harness that in a productive way." "The campaign to get this game reinstated has just begun, as a petition approaches 10, 000 signatures, we have a picket line protest being organised to be held at LucasArts Offices in San Rafel, CA." "We also are encouraging everyone to mail their own piece of Sam & Max Fan Artwork to LucasArts to let them know their are Sam & Max Fans out there who would buy this game, contrary to whatever flawed research they have done." "I think its also time for the gaming community to take a stand and let companies like LucasArts know we want original and funny games like Freelance Police." I also challenge Mike Nelson who cancelled the game with that pathetic 2 line quote, to come out and respond to fans passionate showing of support for the game." And what does Sam & Max think of the website created to save the 6 foot dog and 3 foot rabbity thingy...

Sam - "My belief is that it represented the collective sorrow and frustration of all those whose favorite adventure game was steamrolled into the ground by cold, sterile, LucasArts."

Max - "I may weep openly"

Please help spread this press release to every gaming site, news publication possible.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an urgent website job hanging over my head, but if I can get that signed off in the next few days - and no-one else gives you a redesign between then and now, I'd be more than happy to assist.

:D

I know very little about how LucasArts is run, but I think there's a slim chance they'll uncancel the game if there's enough support. 10,000 signatures, which seems a dead cert at the time of writing (8,820 so far, a few more added every minute), could be a significant force.

If there are enough fans feeling strongly about this near LucasArts' offices, the picket line could work well. All of your suggestions seem productive, and will help tell LucasArts what a stupid mistake they've made, and what an insult to the fans it constitutes. And that's not to touch on the people who made the game, who I'm sure are sad to see their work go to waste.

Even if Sam And Max: Freelance Police never sees the light of day, all this won't have been totally in vain. In our masses, we'll have sent a message to LucasArts that they've lost a lot their faithful long-term adventure gaming fans, and also lost sight of what 'LucasArts' is meant to mean.

Keep up the good work - I agree this site needs to look more swanky and attractive, shouldn't be too difficult.

I'm terrible with coding, how do I add an image to a post and/or signature? I made some Sam & Max stuff in photoshop, and wanna have 'em in my sig. I figured I'd ask here as one of them refers to savesamandmax.com, and I also wanted to ask permission to use the addy. I can send you the img first if ya want to preview it, but I need to know how to add the others to my signature?

The site is a great idea, good job :)

The picket line protest is a good idea, but make sure you can get at least 100 or so people to participate. There would be nothing more pathetic than only 20 guys walking around :)

Also, the tread at the LucasArts support forums were removed Monday, you might want to remove that link.

thanx man.. and yeah the counter is only counting unique visitors.. so abt 7, 000 ppl have viewed the site 9000+ times.. when jp does the redesign..then im gonna try and get sum sites to link 2 it..and then it should start coming up in google..which means more people to the site..more people to join the campaign...

Hey Tim.

Great news, I just finished the redesign by goofing off at work. When I get home tonight I'll zip up the 2 directories (root & images) worth of files and email them to you... or better yet upload to a place you can DL them from and email you the URLs.

I should be home around 9pm (NZ), so if you're in Sydney that'll be 7pm ish your time.

Sorry about the delays, but I think the extra time was well spent.

I'm sure you're all gonna love the homepage in particular. ;)

Heh heh heh...

JP

PS: Once it's up I'll have a number of people to alert to the site too - and I put the hit counter on the homepage. :)

It'll be great to see a new website design for "Save Sam and Max 2."

IDEAS FOR SAVING SAM AND MAX 2:

Krash Kow is leading the San Rafeal picket line protest, and he said he would advertise in the local newspapers about it. Even if just 20 people show up, they can go inside and complain, or just stand outside throwing eggs at their windows. ;)

Wait! IDEA FLASH! On the day the protest happens, whenever it may be, let's all send lots and lots of e-mails to them. Attacks from fans from all fronts! ;)

At E3, two people should dress up as Sam and Max and stand around the Lucasarts booth all day. ;)

Keep sending e-mail. I know it sounds hopeless, but if the management is being informed of their number and sentiment, according to Ronda Scott, sending more will let the suits know what the fans think! I'm going off to send another e-mail.

pr@lucasarts.com

Originally posted by Brushguy

Krash Kow is leading the San Rafeal picket line protest, and he said he would advertise in the local newspapers about it. Even if just 20 people show up, they can go inside and complain, or just stand outside throwing eggs at their windows. ;)

Cool. How many people will be coming so far? Don't throw eggs at their windows or do any other vandalism though. That'll just result in the protest not being taken seriously and surely won't motivate LucasArts to resurrect Sam & Max.

At E3, two people should dress up as Sam and Max and stand around the Lucasarts booth all day. ;)

That would be awesome :)

savesamandmax.com should hold a contest to design a small black & white A5 flyer regarding the "situation" to hand out to the punters at E3.

I'm not sure if I have anything to donate as a prize, but I'm sure amongst us all we could stump up with a suitable prize.

:)

Oh, and the new site files are with Tim now, so it's just a matter of time until the redesign goes live.

Hey Tim,

I've noticed a few bugs in the site :(

If you can change this one quickly, please!

in the source code for index.html, change the line

titleArray[4]="<b><a class=pathlink href='whatyoucando.html'>Tell the World</a></b>"

to

titleArray[4]="<b><a class=pathlink href='whatcanyoudo.html'>Tell the World</a></b>"

ie, swap "you " and "can" in the URL

Also there are some incorrect links on the "whatcanyoudo.html" page

:(

The 2 fan art images in the 2nd row of thumbnails link to the avotar, where they should link to

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hierohero/images/SamMissing.jpg

And you'll have to rename the "missing" image to SamMissing.jpg and put it in the /images/ directory, I don't think I supplied this one in the ZIP.

Change the link on the roadkill thumbnail to

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hierohero/images/Save_SM22.jpg

You'll need to change both the image link, and the text link below the image.

And the text link in the bottom section of that page should link to

http://www.lucasarts.com/companystore/adventure/

not

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hierohero/Hey%20there,

Also I'll fix the site so it loads into your frame and so the URL in the address bar stays as http://www.savesamandmax.com, and not

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hierohero/index.html

etc.

Any problems with those links to be changed and I'll sort it out after work tonight.

Sorry about this.

JP

Archived