Home

http://www.savesamandmax.com

samandmaxfiend

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some strange reason, the old page appears instead of this new one. What's the new URL exactly? It's strange. Something's up with my computer because this same thing happened to me when samandmax.net came back (which hasn't been updated for 2 weeks now...)

MixNMojo should really put a link to this on their front page. This whole "there's nothing we can do" defeatist attitude is bollocks (translation for non-UK readers: "a load of bs").

Fan petition have BIG differences in the past:

The TV show Twin Peaks was continued thanks to fan pressure.

A widescreen version of Willy Wonka was released on DVD thanks to fan pressure and petitions.

The Original Star Wars Trilogy on DVD has been brought forward from late 2005 to September this year, thanks to online petitions and fan complaints.

It IS possible to make a difference!

Or do we, as LucasArts fans, not care that much...?

I know I do!!!

~ John

Originally posted by ThunderPeel2001

The Original Star Wars Trilogy on DVD has been brought forward from late 2005 to September this year, thanks to online petitions and fan complaints.

I don't think this has anything to do with fans complaining. If it had, they would have released the original movies on DVD like the fans want and not the special editions that no one likes.

This was more a case of George Lucas seeing how well the Indiana Jones box sold and realized he could do the same with Star Wars and cash in on it before he completely annihilates the fan base with Episode III.

By the way, how did the picket line protest go?

Yes, Episode III is going to tank hard and obliterate the rest of their remaining fan base (there's not much left thanks to Sam and Max 2). I'm only going to see the movie once, out of curiosity on what happens and how Lucas will tie up all the loose ends, but I'm probably going to hate it.

George Lucas and Episode III really can't be blamed for the Sam & Max decision. If anything, it's the profit on SW games that have allowed LEC to go out on a limb in the past.

If you want to boycott all things Lucas fair enough - might as well add in any movies that have ILM effects too (well, go see them once, just for curiousity sake) ;)

I don't think this has anything to do with fans complaining. If it had, they would have released the original movies on DVD like the fans want and not the special editions that no one likes

This was more a case of George Lucas seeing how well the Indiana Jones box sold and realized he could do the same with Star Wars and cash in on it before he completely annihilates the fan base with Episode III.

Please tell me that not everyone believes the above pile of twaddle?

I've never heard such a pile of nonsense! You're telling me that it took the Indiana Jones boxset to make him realize that the Original Trilogy DVDs (the most requested DVDs since DVDs were invented) would make him a wad of cash?! Before that his was a little unsure, do you think? Couldn't make up his mind?

The real reason is that the NEW FOOTAGE for the OT has been completed and he knows that the fans practically baying for his blood. His original intention was to wait until Episode III had been released 2005. He stuck by this for a very long time and it's taken all that time to get him to bring the release forward.

He's even said to be considering a bare-bones release of the OT, which I think he will announce, but only after the 6 DVD boxset has been released.

Also: Do you REALLY, HONESTLY and TRULY believe that Episode III is going to kill the franchise?! If the TPM didn't, nothing can! ;)

Ergo: Twaddle!

Wow, I guess I hit a nerve there.

1. I have no evidence proving that the sales of Indiana Jones box made him release the original trilogy. I was just going by what's been said in the DVD community. On the other hand, you got no evidence to prove that the preassure of the fans convinced him.

2. The movies that will be released in the fall does not include the new footage. I assume he'll release Super Ultimate editions with new footage later (I know he's produced new footage together with filming the prequels.). The ones released will be the special editions from 1997.

3. No, I don't think Episode III will kill the franshice. The die-hard fans will stick by it, but Episode I+II have eliminated most of the non-die-hard fans so I don't expect Episode III to do much better.

Lastly; relax. I think you took my post a little too seriously. You acted like I insultet you personally ;)

Sorry if I sounded tetchy, but you asked! :):rolleyes:

Anyhoo...

1) If it wasn't the pressure of the fans, then why?

2) The new editions DO include new footage *sigh*

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html#0318

3)

No, I don't think Episode III will kill the franshice.

...and cash in on it before he completely annihilates the fan base with Episode III.

Seriously dude, your first post WAS absolute codswallop, you've even admitted you were exaggerating, so why ask? Lol! :)

Sorry if I seem highly strung, I'm really NOT that bothered, I'm just very verbal when it comes to people making silly statements and asking why I said they were silly.

It's a little frustrating when your point is lost amongst stupid replies and I still maintain that petitioning LucasArts is a Good Idea and that saying "oh well" is a Bad one.

That's all.

John

I think it would be a good idea to put those new screenshots of S&M2 on the site. Show people what they're missing.

If Tim doesn't do this himself, I'll rejig the 'game info' page and add them in in the next night or two.

• 2 weeks later...

Just so you know, the latest issue of PCZone (UK) is planning on an article in next month's edition (out beginning of May) about the cancellation of Sam & Max. I don't know if it had anything to do with my savesamandmax avatar that I've been using over on their forum, but they said they would mention the site. ;)

EDIT: Here's Will Porter's (news guy) comments from the Zone forum.

... and don't worry about the Sam N' Max stuff... I'm running a lot of stuff about it next issue - there wasn't much to go on last time... ... and don't worry about the Sam N' Max stuff... I'm running a lot of stuff about it next issue - there wasn't much to go on last time... I'm starting up a bit of a campaign, as well as flagging up savesamandmax.com and the petition....

Will

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Some more media appearances -

UK PCZone magazine again (the latest issue - out June 3) with a wonderful back page.

Basically, it's a photo of the E3 LA convention centre, with Sam & Max input in front of it protesting.

Sam is holding up a sign reading "Freelance Police - Will Solve Crimes For Sequel" while Max is handing out savesamandmax.com leaflets, I do believe. The clever thing is, while the background and people around them are all real, a lot of people seem to be looking at Sam & Max, with someone even taking a leaflet off Max. Very cute.

If someone tells me how to upload a picture onto a site or this forum, I'll gladly scan it in. It's pretty cool. (Or I can e-mail to someone if they can put it either on the site or directly on this forum)

The second appearance is in CustomPC magazine, which seems to be several months behind with their game news but none-the-less provides links to both the site and the petition.

Glad we've not been forgotten.

Archived