Home

gotta keep trying

theholyidiot

I realize that it'll never get past their board moderators, but I have attempted to start a new thread on LA's support website. Here is my message:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A question of support

Posted: Mar 8, 2004 6:39 PM Reply

I would like to know why LucasArts has decided to refuse to support their fans. The cancellation of many high quality games and the release of sub-par products over the past few years has been amazingly dissapointing. If you will not support your loyal customers by releasing quality products, how are we to expect that you will support us when the few products that actually are of high quality which we've paid for are malfunctioning? I fully realize that the moderator that reads this will never let it through, and choose, like you have with all of your other fans, to simply ignore it. However, I still ask you to prove me wrong. Let people express their views to you through something other than an e-mail address that will be deleted once the mail onslaught has subsided. Better yet, respond to me, and provide a valid reason for your recent cancellation of Sam and Max: Freelance police. This probably won't work, but persistance is the only thing I've got right now, so expect more to come.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's my message. There's probably no hope that it'll do anything, but if every monday morning, they have to come in and delete about 50 threads, maybe it'll help them get the message. As I said, all we've got right now is persistance. If cramping their deleting finger is all we accomplish, at least we've done something.

Originally posted by theholyidiot

That's a really damn good idea!

*tear* Thats the first time anyone on here has ever said that to me...

Edit:Here is a a new avatar I wipped up, it looks kinda crappy though because I had to really tweak down the quality to make it under 20 000 bytes, but its not THAT bad...

that's pretty good man. I'm gonna switch over to it, 'f that's ok. That's kinda what I had in mind when I first started mine, but I have no idea how to animate gifs. See why I asked for someone with a bit more skill than I have?

So.. yeah. Good job on that. And now it's 1:30am, and I should probably try to get SOME sleep before 7:00.

Originally posted by theholyidiot

... There's probably no hope that it'll do anything, but if every monday morning, they have to come in and delete about 50 threads, maybe it'll help them get the message. As I said, all we've got right now is persistance. If cramping their deleting finger is all we accomplish, at least we've done something.

As I've said elsewhere...

This isn't going to do anything but make LucasArts pissed off at you, and what's the point of that?

A far more effective way to get their attention is to mail pr@lucasarts.com . Someone is reading the email sent to that address (unlike the forum posts, which all get deleted), and also unlike the forum posts or petitions, if you mail pr@lucasarts.com you can add your voice to the thousands of others who have written in to express their feelings about the game being cancelled. Posting messages on the board does nothing but make the board moderators, who probably had nothing to do with Sam & Max cancelled (for all we know they were against the cancellation) work harder.

The point of this whole thing isn't to go and harass LucasArts to the point of them not listening anymore and associating the Sam & Max fans with a bunch of message board trolls, its to let them know you think they screwed up and that you care that they screwed up.

Have you guys seen the reply to the petition that Ronda from LucasArts has sent?

Click here

Hi Brandon -

We are aware of the online petitions and I have received your numerous updates. As you can imagine, this was not an easy decision for LucasArts to make. We are reading the many emails being sent in and management is fully informed of the number and sentiment of these messages. I personally very much have

always appreciated the support from the many fans of our adventure games and regret that the current games market led to this decision. Rest assured, your voices are being heard.

Ronda

Hmmmm.

In a way, I can see their point in cancellation. It ws a good project, but if you counted the amount of people who would actually buy it, add on about 500 more who see it and think it might be good or who read a reveiw about it, you still haven't got as much money as a star wars game and maybe wouldn't make all your money back.

but still they shouldn't have done it as it would have been their best work in a while.

oh and I doubt the mods at the LA help forum have anything to do with game development. they're most probabaly a completely different department which has nothing to do with the game whatsoeve. I'm guessing that if the game did come out, they'd basically be given it along with a walkthrough and trouble shooting manual to help us out with it.

What you're saying has some truth to it. I was talking to my buddy who is not a sam n max fan and he analyzed the situation with these cold, sterile Mike Nelson like words...

"In business, the amount of money you poured into a project in the past should not impact your business decisions for the future."

That's why I've steered clear of asking lucasarts to consider all the money they've invested in the new game. The suits will think of the statement above when evaluating the situation.

What we need to do is convince them that it will sell more than just 14000 copies. (matching the number of sigs on the petition). We're just getting started,

so keep on writing those letters to pr@lucasarts.com!

Archived