Home

JA: Powerduel game type crashes upon timelimit

Losonos

Anytime the server is empty and the timelimit is hit while the game is in PD type it causes the server to crash. This is not really too much of a problem except it temporarily spikes the CPU usage on the server every 7 minutes. I need to keep the timelimit set so that when admins are not on the server cretins can't jump down pits and hang on walls because we keep melee on.

Anyone run into this or know of a fix?

Note: This does not effect other identical JKA servers as long as they are not running PD.

• 2 weeks later...

How is your map rotation setup?

Check the cfg file you're using for PowerDuel, perhaps the rotation is screwed up somehow (and that's why it can't make it to the next one).

Also what server version are you running? Linux 1.011 or Win32 1.01?

Or is it a listen server?

• 3 years later...

Hey man just do like i did, put your base folder on your desktops, keep only skins and stuff what you wish to save, then re-install Jk3, download the JamDed again, use your old settings in server.cfg, launch it and it's all going to run smooth, it worked for me, you should try it

I forgot, when uninstalling remove ALL old settings! peace out

I cant recommend Jamded, but i do recommend jamp.exe and properties and add this in line like i have.

C:\games\JediAcademy\GameData\jamp.exe set dedicated 2 +exec server.cfg

Only the console will start up and works alot better for me.

Jampded keeps giving me a c000000000 error in event viewer ( something like that )

I cant recommend Jamded, but i do recommend jamp.exe and properties and add this in line like i have.

C:\games\JediAcademy\GameData\jamp.exe set dedicated 2 +exec server.cfg

Only the console will start up and works alot better for me.

Jampded keeps giving me a c000000000 error in event viewer ( something like that )

Depends on which patch he will host it, 1.01 or 1.0

In the JampDed shortcut on your destskop, add "+exec server.cfg +set net_port 29071 +set dedicated 2"

Archived