Home

A way to convince Lucasarts that Sam & Max will be profitable.

Teeboy

OK, How about this as a last resort..

Lucasarts set up a pre-order thing on their website where you could pledge your £25/$35 or whatever it costs, then once they get enough pledges, they complete the game. You get the copy of the game once it is completed and they get a guarantee that they won't lose money on it. Simple.

Great idea,

Unfortunatly LucasArts doesn't ship overseas which is a really bad things IMHO. I would buy ALOT from the store (would have in the past too) in order to get rare things, yet they only sell to USA making me have to resort to ebay.

If they would set this up AND make it possible to pay with for instance PayPal or something like that (Perhaps they should create their own ebay shop) THEN i think they will make ALOT of money.

Just imagine LucasArts selling their rare Monkey Island posters, old games posters, concept art etc.

Now there's a huge market for ya!

Oh well, i should stop dreaming now ¬¬

(My point being, i would love to pre-order but as they dont ship overseas i can't preorder anyway..)

Wow,

Die hards think alike. Check out savesamandmax.com.

'I was thinking that if all lucasarts cares about is making money from the game, why don't we show them the money they could make off of Freelance Police. I am willing to put in a preorder for 10 copies of sam n max freelance police, along with any die hard fans that would also like to become de facto resellers of the game. If there are tons of people who would like to join in. We could send lucasarts a formal preorder of a few thousand copies of the game. I don't expect everyone to order multiple copies, but if you could, that would send a pretty powerful statement. I want this to be taken seriously as I am willing to pay $400 US dollars (maybe even $4000) to make sure this game gets on the shelves.'

Shoot me an email at lagamorph321@yahoo.com to discuss further.

Overseas orders? No problem as long as we get all the preorders shipped to a location here in the states and then shipped out to you guys (and gals). This idea seems like a better one than merely signing a petition (although i've done that too :-p). The trick is to actually have the money to show - not just a bunch of 'we'll buy it' or 'IOUs in hand.' Any idea how to do that? Maybe an escrow account?

Originally posted by lagamorph321

Overseas orders? No problem as long as we get all the preorders shipped to a location here in the states and then shipped out to you guys (and gals).

That would be great. It's how I got my one and only order from LucasArts' store. I got the messenger bag (using it every day), 2 shirts and the The Best Of LucasArts soundtrack.

• 2 months later...

I would buy at least 10 copies as well if that would make em finish the game that would and will be the best game ever! I could give em to friends and stuff.. and keep a few for myself =p.. Too bad they put down the preorder thingy..

Wow, you guys are still going at the Sam and Max thing!? I've got to give you credit though, you guys are certainly persistent. But think about it, by the time they release it, it will probably be out of date or something anyways.

heck...i have 3 copies of sam and max hit the road already...

disk for dos

cd talkie from the archives

and i bought the armed and dangerous demo disk for $10 a week or so ago just for the windows xp compatability

(and yes, i fixed the monster.sou problem and burned yet another copy onto a cd...so it works)

so far lucasarts has made um..let's see..i paid about $40 for the dos version originally...$30 for the archives and $10 for the demo disk...so $80 on one game

(well...i liked pretty much all the games in the archives thing..but let's just say sam and max talkie version was a big part of it)

so...yay multiple copies!

...just not right off the bat...and not the same version?

i do realize i probably didn't have to go shell out $10 for the demo disk thing...but well...it just saves me a little bit of trouble i guess

-jake

Lucasarts set up a pre-order thing on their website where you could pledge your £25/$35 or whatever it costs, then once they get enough pledges, they complete the game. You get the copy of the game once it is completed and they get a guarantee that they won't lose money on it. Simple.

That's a really good idea! If they already had the cash (promised to them through pre-orders) then there'd be no reason not to make it... I think with a "fan base" game like this, it might actually work.

Of course LucasArts would have to figure out how to do it -- but they'd be fools not to if they could guarantee a profit! No game can guarantee anything, nevermind that wonderful thing called profit!

Blimey! They wouldn't even have to advertise it much... we, the Diehard LucasArts Collective , would do everything we could do to spread the word if it meant Sam N Max 2 would get made!

Plus, they might even win their old fanbase back!

Somebody email this propostition to them.

> they get a guarantee that they won't lose money on it

AFAIK any pre-orders can still be cancelled. So if they announced such plans, threre could be fans who pre-order 1000 copies and then cancel 999.

I don't think the number of pre-orders would be high enough to amount to anything. If everyone who ever read this thread (456 at the moment) ordered three games it would still only be US$ 41,040 (at 30 bucks per game - quite a margin!).

If you divide that through 4 months you get about 10,000 dollars. How many artists and programmers can you pay for that money?

Wow, I hate this part.

No, actually I love crushing the hopes of many.

But the fact still stands, a fan base is not enough to fund the development of a game, they would need to see some truly huge sales options for this game (like a good $20,000 in order to make a profit) in order for the idea of bringing Sam n Max back to be feasible. It's a nice thought, but unfortunately, a little unrealistic. Also not everyone has enough money to buy multiple copies of the same game as stated above by jannar.

Sorry. (no you're not)

Remember this? I thought that if instead of pirating Adventure Games, we all pirate Star Wars games. Cause if they are losing sales on Star Wars games then... erm... I dunno. Perhaps if we bought more adventures from them and less Star Wars titles, we'd get Sam and Max back.

Mind you. They probably already sell Star Wars games at the Barras.

Originally posted by Bobo Donkey™

Remember this? I thought that if instead of pirating Adventure Games, we all pirate Star Wars games. Cause if they are losing sales on Star Wars games then... erm... I dunno. Perhaps if we bought more adventures from them and less Star Wars titles, we'd get Sam and Max back.

Mind you. They probably already sell Star Wars games at the Barras.

Not really interested in SW games enough to play them, let alone copy them.

I don't think that sending Lucasarts your money for the game will mean much to them, because

a) you'd have to first send highly complicated legal documents that Lucasarts would have to agree to, that would say "As soon as you get a certain amount of money for the game from people willing to buy it, you have to finish it."

b) we'd never ever be able to get enough people together to pre-order a $40 game unless there was a solid indication it would come back.

Sorry to burst your bubble, and I'm glad to see we're still coming up with ways of getting this game back.

But who knows. With the proper determination and amounts of people, it could work. We'd just have to get enough people together willing to bet some money on this.

btw, I'm enjoying a new Lucasarts adventure game right now! I got the rare Loom Voice Talkie in the mail from eBay yesterday! w00t!

Shouldn't we all be making stupid and completely ridiculous speculations as to why the cancellation announcement was removed from the Lucasarts press page?

It is gone, but why? What does it mean???? Can it mean...

Archived