Home

DVD Player you would Recommend

The Cheat

OK I have gone through two dvd players and both have had problems where during a movie the disc would skip.

do any of you have a dvd player to recommend that does not really have this problem with discs. My new one does not do it nearly as much as my previous one but i still have problems with it from time to time

Get a Sony DVP-NS325 or whatever the latest model number of that one is. This model series has won Consumer Report's award for best buy and got top ratings across the board. Best of all, it's only 90 dollars. I had my brother get this model and it works great with everything he's thrown at it.

Or if you want, you could try a Liteon. They have one for about 120 that is sold on Target.com that can play Divx encded movies! That means no conversion! :)

These are the two I would look at if I was purchasing myself one.

This is the one I have:

DVPNS725P.jpg

The best part of this DVD player, other than the space saving size, is that it has a memory built in, so that whenever you stop a single dvd, and regardless of how many dvds you watch after that particular dvd, when you put the same dvd back in, it will start up from wherever you stopped it. A groovy "bookmark" feature that is built in. Plus the picture quality and easy to use features make it a must have.

This particular model came with my home theater system I bought last summer. I liked it so much, I replaced my original DVD player with this one. I use it on a daily basis. DVDs help me get to sleep at night. :)

its well known that ps2 laser pickups can be problematic. as much as I love my ps2 i didnt buy it on that merit alone.... I would recommend any dvd player by pioneer. factory standard multizone, excellent laser assembly. I have one that looks like a dinosaur now, but plays like a dream......

MTFBWYA

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

its well known that ps2 laser pickups can be problematic. as much as I love my ps2 i didnt buy it on that merit alone.... I would recommend any dvd player by pioneer. factory standard multizone, excellent laser assembly. I have one that looks like a dinosaur now, but plays like a dream......

MTFBWYA

I agree with astology as have I also had problems with ps2 and movies

I can't recommend CyberHome highly enough ;)

They will take literally *anything* you give them. Mine is multi region hacked, and I've got no problems. Easily burn off SVCDs and feed it to the player. They also release regular firmware updates which make adding new compatibility and features easy :)

Archived