Home

Conspiracy?

Lump&Bump

This might be wishful thinking, but meh...

Let's just say Lucas Arts has cancelled the game so that media coverage will wane, having less pressure on the creators of the game. You might ask "But then they'll lose all their fan base!" If they were smart, they'd know that at the snap of a finger any lost fan base would come crawling back. We all know this is true, despite some belief. In theory when the game is finished they will announce an uncancellation, making a moderate profit.

Full Throttle 2 demise was because of poor planning, but also it was the negative response that the media was giving it. This in my opinion is what really killed the project. To prevent this, they'd pretend to cancel the game so that if it were "uncancelled" fans would buy into it no matter what.

There are of course flaws to this, making Lucas Arts look bad in the whole situation. Thus sent all of Lucas Arts fans in disarray. Threats of picket line protests, anti websites, and hate mail are just some of the things fans have been doing. Would this make Lucas Arts seemed like the good guys if they turned their decision? Could this generate more sales to the game? Who knows?

One thing is certain; this theory explains why the S&M2 team hasn't said a word. Nor are the preorders for the game cancelled.

Again this is just wishful thinking...:(

I'd love to agree with this, i really do, but if we 're comparing it to Full Throttle 2 we should ask ourselves:

Had we ever got an interview with Sean Clark explaining what went wrong with FT2???

If we got one, i don't remember it...

PS: i'm only saying this because for me it also seems weird that Mike hasn't said anything, but if they didn't say anything about full throttle 2...

Originally posted by Dr Edison 007

I wouldn't put that past LucasArts. There's still some hope that's this is all a big, sadistic, joke that has LucasArts official, Stemmle, and Purcell involved.

Hmmmm......Small chance, but if it's true, then Lucasarts has it's humor back.

I think someone (besides Steve) would of said something by now. This is a big deal, and I believe some other statements should have been released by now.

About that coming crawling back, you're right, I would crawl back in a second if I knew Lucas Arts still had Sam & Max coming out. Hell, I got more excited when I found infinite machine died, and Lucas Arts was doing the game, I thought to myself "Who better to do the job." I've always liked Lucas Arts, they just made it too hard for me to like them right now.

Originally posted by DarkPhobia

I'd love to agree with this, i really do, but if we 're comparing it to Full Throttle 2 we should ask ourselves:

Had we ever got an interview with Sean Clark explaining what went wrong with FT2???

If we got one, i don't remember it...

PS: i'm only saying this because for me it also seems weird that Mike hasn't said anything, but if they didn't say anything about full throttle 2...

I remember something about the cancelation, not an direct interview, but commenting on how they couldn't do it without the leading actor(forgive me I forget his name).

Oh well, I hope that something will happen that I can play this damn game :(

How do we know FT2 would have sucked? I mean there was no demo or anything. Basically just a piece of crap beta shot at E3. Half Life didn't look so hot either back in the day. When released it made more waves than a 500lb woman being dropped into a kiddie pool.

I guess that made a point...

• 4 weeks later...

About FT2:

the thing about the missing actor was a joke made by tim schaffer, nothing else... and when did the development team said the game sucked??? the only one whe said the game wasn't getting the quality level (yeah right, like RTX was a high-quality, polished game) was ex-president Simon Jeffrey...

i dont see any sensible reason why LA would wait until Sam and Max was almost finished to cancel it. everyone is right, there is definitely something screwy going on here. Especially if the preorders arent cancelled. I for one think that LA is in bed with Tupac Shakur.

"Somethings fishy down at the wharf."

"I thought that was the whole point?!"

Archived