Home

Another ScummVM frontend

00Jerico00

Hi, i'm Jerico

i posted this in the ScummVM Help forum before.

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1026945&forum_id=115757

I'm also working on a ScummVM Win32 Frontend/Gui and its now in the final stage, but it needs testing.

It's an easy to use graphically launcher with screenshots, box scans and other nice features.

I know there is ScummVM Q+E and this other one, i think StartScumm, but i started this project

before i ever heard of Q+E. I gave it the name "ScummGUI", its not a very creative name i know, but

that's what it is. ScummGUI will come in two versions, one for writable media (i.e hd) and one for

non-writable media (i.e cd/dvd for use as an autostarter).It was mainly made for personal use, but i

think it's good enough to give it to somebody. I could need the help of 3-4 people for general testing

and feedback. If you're interested in helping me. let me know.

Here are some screenshots

http://convvid2daph.com/scummgui/screenshots.htm

You can contact me here

jerico@convvid2daph.com

Thanks.

Jerico

We really have to ask that people who use official LucasArts graphics put a disclaimer on them that they are not endorsed in any way by the ScummVM team.

LEC don't like people using screenshots, one of their main bitches with ScummVM was that we had *gasp* screenshots on our site!

Shoot us! Please! :p

Originally posted by Jake

You should clearly host your entire site on LucasFiles to avoid this sort of thing, Endy :)

Not to mention your entire forums on lucasforums. Who could resist bug reports with smileys like these little monstrosities beauties :violin::zamn1::lsduel::mob: randomly placed in them?

Ok. i put a disclaimer on the screenshots page and on the title screen of ScummGUI now.

I've updated the "options" screenshot and added a download link to a test version. If you're interested, grab it.

Feel free to give some feedback.

Jerico

Originally posted by 00Jerico00

It works now. I forgot two lines of code (i was sure it worked before. changed too many things). Sorry, my fault. It's uploaded now.

Jerico

I didn't have any spaces in my path. I just click download, it downloads, then i click "start" (at the game) and it says it cant find ScummVM.

Its installed on J: by the way.

Edit:

Ah i see it now, it stops downloading after 2% (Daily snapshot), when i change screen (ie switch to internet explorer) the download dialog disapears.

Archived