Home

ScummVM news update

CaliMonk

Judging by the new newsupdate @ http://www.scummvm.org, i personally think the next Freeware game is going to be Flight of the Amazon Queen.

This shows again that there are GREAT companies out there who see that giving away the source and releasing their old games which are no longer sold is a good thing.

I still fail to see why LucasArts doesn't release some of their earlier games as Freeware, they aren't even selling their games anymore, neither do they support their own old games in anyway.

ScummVM is one great project that shows there are people dedicated enough to put so much time into ways to run old games on new systems.

Thumbs up to the ScummVM team, Thumbs down to LucasArts for their ignorance. ¬¬

Originally posted by Ender

Mayyyybeeeeee...

Well you guys already support Flight of the Amazon Queen, plus you linked to http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,1858/ where Flight of the Amazon Queen is one of the games that Steve Stamatiadis worked on.

You mention he's on holiday and the Freeware release could take longer, for me its just 1 + 1 :-)

But its just my mind thinking up stuff of course ;)

Originally posted by CaliMonk

But its just my mind thinking up stuff of course ;)

Our policy is to deny everything.

But seriously, yes, it's probably FOTAQ. It's not a real secret (anybody even semi-regular on our IRC channel has known about it for months and months)... we just like to pretend that :)

Originally posted by CaliMonk

Ah thanks, silly Vbulletin.

* CaliMonk slaps Freddie around a bit with a large comma.

I've fixed the links :)

Don't slap me around, tell the admins of this forum to upgrade this place. The version in use here is woefully out of date.

Originally posted by Jake

Okay I'll be sure it is visible when we launch the new vb3 lucasforums ... whenever that may be.

also if i break things i might harass you, so look out.

No problem but I expect payment to be in the form of DOTT hats, Manny figures, and such.

Archived