Home

Sniper gives himself away?

Glacius1

Hi guys, this is my first thread here, I try not to start topics for the sake of it. But this has been playing on my mind and I would like to know what you all think of this situation.

You are a sniper/scout. Your personal objective is to hide and nail any troopers who stop long enough for you to mark them. But this isnt BF42, as soon as you let of that blast, your going to reveal your general direction with a bright laser flash that can be traced back to where your hiding. Unless of course you shoot from behind them, In which case any troopers accompanying them may see.

How will the sniper/scout tactics evolve to compensate for this problem? Please guys what do you think?, because it has me stuffed.:snip2:

want to see a dancing blob? -->:sheepdanc

"your going to reveal your general direction with a bright laser flash that can be traced back to where your hiding."

thats better than get shot and dont know where this !%&ß!"! camper hides !!!

but sniping some1 from far away and he cant see sniper cuz of distancefog is OK.

Originally posted by Syzerian

what i try to do as a sniper is to distract enemies so the heavy weapons can move in and nail em

I thought it was the other way around, lol.

My SOCOM team has a T-shirt for that sort of thing: Click here to see it. We usually have a volunteer run out in the open, then nail the sniper once he takes the easy shot and gives himself away. Fun!

-- Lingo

Well, if you're familiar with GC, the BF1942 mod, they had a laser sniper rifle in .1 but now in .2 its just bullets as a result of the "giving yourself away factor. I feel that's inda silly though.

If you think about it from a practical standpoint, the reason that the lasers are colored in the SW universe is probably for the purpose of a tracer effect (of course we all really know the reason has nothing to do with being realistic but rather looking cool...but we'll ignore that). Colored lasers would not be desired for snipers so a colorless laser would probably be the most appropriate solution.

It wouldn't look like anything. You put the crosshair on the target, there a "laser sound",and the guy falls over.

Stop me if I'm wrong (I'm hardly an expert) but I believe a laser would be invisible if it were not put through some sort of filter to intentionally give it color.

Originally posted by Huntsman

It wouldn't look like anything. You put the crosshair on the target, there a "laser sound",and the guy falls over.

Stop me if I'm wrong (I'm hardly an expert) but I believe a laser would be invisible if it were not put through some sort of filter to intentionally give it color.

Real lasers can't be seen from the side (only when you're looking in it). You need smoke to see it. So actually it's a little fake (but that doesn't matter, it's Star Wars)

Archived