Home

Would you tell a hot first date that you are a Star Wars Freak ??

Astrotoy7

Would you tell a hot first date that you are a Star Wars Freak ??  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Would you tell a hot first date that you are a Star Wars Freak ??

• No way ! Gotta' try act cool and get the Romance happenin !
    • Yes ! I like to share my love of SW, I dont care if it scares people !
    • I cannot live without the midichlorians, but I can live without a girlfriend/boyfriend if that's how it's gonna be !
    • Only if he/she's a Trekkie, coz SW is cooler than Trek of course.....

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ofcourse I'd tell her. I made it quite obious to everyone in my school I like Star Wars. Do I have a Gf? No. :p

But Star Wars is what makes me who I am. If I wasn't a geek, I'd be SOOOOO boring, girls wouldn't be attracted to me at all. ^_^

Now, where can I buy some Jeddeh Charm? :)

EDIT - I voted I would share my knowledge, and YES, people are scared of me for my knowledge of Star Wars.

Originally posted by ZBomber

Its a combination of alt and the numpad...... I don't remember the exact code......

alt....1.....7.....0

Originally posted by leXX

Excuse me? ¬¬

uh....I......

uh....

*blinks*

*runs like hell*

I wouldn't tell my date that I like Star Wars... look, I love Star Wars, but... it's sorta old. People might scorn at me. However, one of my best friends like Star Wars too, and we were constantly laughing about phrases used at each other such as 'you foolish Jedi', or 'lemme use my Jedi senses to find out what she's thinking'.

Last time, I was frantically searching for a Star Wars book, then my friend came by and exclaimed, 'What the... you Star Wars freak!' Considering it's a remark from my friend, who's used to joking, I didn't take it as an offense. But if it's a date whom I'm trying to impress, then I would take it to heart indeed. :( Of course, if I find out that she likes Star Wars too, I'll tell her the truth. :)

If I WAS a SW freak (I own a shoddy copy of the trilogy remastered, XWing, Xwing Alliance, and JK2), I'd probably tell her. It was hard enough finding a date, why not add to the BLEEDING CHALLENGE!?!

ET, whats with the small fonts bud?

Originally posted by Kain

ET, whats with the small fonts bud?

Little fonts for a little man :p (j/k :p )

I have to admit, I have been carrying on quite bit a since e2 came out that the only thing I have to look forward to in life is Ep3. I think this occasionally gets on my partners nerves.....but Iwas just joking.........right ?? :confused:

MTFBWYA

Well I have a hot gf. Am I a SW geek? Probably hedging towards that title, but I also have a life, hence the hot gf. The cool thing about her though is that she helps my geekiness along (she got me the Darth Vader lego model for Valentine's day). As for the first date, I would have to go with the "only if she is a trekkie" one. Otherwise, I would let her find out later after she sees me playing on the cpu or watching the movies.

Because the only girls I'd consider going out with would be girls I'd known for at least a few months anyway, I'm sure they'd already know. Everyone who knows me knows. I may not be a walking encyclopedia like some over on tf.n, but of the people here my SW knowledge level is scary. And then plug that into real life... the only things I know more about are LOTR and Christianity (my highest focus in life).

I figure if a girl can't deal with the fact that I obsessively read every new SW and Wheel of Time book that comes out, she's probably not the right girl for me anyway...

LeXX, I'm less inclined to believe you're hot with a name like "Forum Mum". Maybe you'd get a better reaction with "Forum Supermodel - will kill you if you try anything..." Just a thought. Besides, how can we believe you're hot if we've never seen a picture of you?

Whether or not the boys in a forum think I'm hot or not is neither here nor there to me. I freely and proudly let everyone know I'm married with two children, so why would I care? I'm not an attention seeking whore. Besides, I know I'm hot and so does my husband and that's good enough for me. ;)

What I was objecting to is the stereotypical view that girls and Star Wars don't mix. Trust me when I say there are much more of us out there than you think. Very naive.

And Master_Keralys, a lot of people have seen my picture.

I chose: Yes ! I like to share my love of SW, I dont care if it scares people : The reason for this is because as soon as I enter a relationship, the question of what they should get me on birthdays or other occasions comes into revalancy, sooooo, STAR WARS :) I've been collecting since I was 2, well...I have many many many Star Wars collectables, and I buy every replica that comes to master replicas, annnnnnnnd every girlfriend I had got me Star Wars Toys, and action figures, and other cool Star Wars collectable Items, now from what my choice was too this, is a complete rant, so bye ^_^

What I was objecting to is the stereotypical view that girls and Star Wars don't mix. Trust me when I say there are much more of us out there than you think. Very naive.

Hear hear. Some of my best friends are female Star Wars fans. They're out there, and they're more common than you think.

Besides, I know I'm hot and so does my husband and that's good enough for me

As it should be ;)

As far as I'm concerned there is NO point in hiding what you like or pretending to be something you aren't. If thats the case, then would this girl be right for you? Sure, it might not be a good thing to say on a first date that you are a Star Wars FREAK and that you would like to see her in the Slave Lea outfit. Thats just silly even if it does work on a selected few.

And just because a girl is "hot" does not mean that she aint into Star Wars. Don't beleive me? Fine. Have it your way, but you'll be the one missing out in the long run.

wow, a little bit of bickering on the boil..... lexxy, I've never seen your pic but I think your cool, and cool is even better than hot, IMO !

But what myself and Keralys have said about being "forum mum" getting in the way of being *perceived* as hot is still true. I know Keralys for the EU/JA forums and he's not the type of person to make snide or jugemental comments.... :D

:) Howdy to Keralys !

I think that point about perceptions is very valid, look at what Amidala from Chop Shop has to put up with...

ET - you really must be bored man, fiddling with all your fonts..... and the only time I ever feel like a big man is when I drop my shorts...... :p

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

But what myself and Keralys have said about being "forum mum" getting in the way of being *perceived* as hot is still true. I know Keralys for the EU/JA forums and he's not the type of person to make snide or jugemental comments.... :D

Which only goes to re-inforce the point that I don't care whether people perceive me as hot or not. ;)

Archived