Home

Sam and Max 2 - cancelled

Fred

First off the e-mail address to send your letters to is as follows

pr@lucasarts.com

Secondly lets all just look around and see how many new people have been pulled out of the cracks in the hours since Sam and Max's cancellation. These boards aren't exactly hoping and popular regularly, but the fact that people have all a sudden sprung up to join together in protest here ought to be saying something. At least it would be if the big guys were listening.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lame gay suckfest. Im not angry as much as I am sad. Your killing us Lucas, your killing us. We have lost all hope, all motivation. I want to cry, but Im too old for that. I hate you. Hate you so much. Next thing you know, you'll take away our message board. And thats not a joke. We are in serious danger of getting deleted. We are evidence that they made a mistake. We have to watch ourselves.

Originally posted by Viz79 Even with the popularity of adventure games being at an all time low, this would have sold in droves simply because it was 'Sam & Max'.

I think the lowest popularity of adventures was more like 1998-2000. The Longest Journey, Syberia, Broken Sword 3 have all made decent marks on the face of gaming in the last few years. Definitely not groundbreaking, but not unpopular or uninspired.

I have very mad and sad about this, and I know it may sound harsh but it what i truely feel like. Just thought to post to show you guys what my email said and what a fellow sam and max fan felt about this....

To Whom It May Concern:

I know that most likely you don’t care whom I am or what I have to say about the Sam and Max game being cancelled, but I felt that in this case I had to voice my anger on this subject. I am an avid Sam and Max fan; I loved the original game and was looking forward to the sequel but I was very angry and confused about the cancellation of this upcoming game. In my mind it doesn’t make much sense, but I am sure you have your reasons. I know that no matter how much the fans, the people who keeps LucasArts alive and profitable, complain about this outrage, still won’t bring this game back into production. So, I am going to respond in the only way I can. I will not buy your games or even recommend them to people I know ever again. I hope that this email and the similar actions of avid gamers like me will most likely be taking, will let you know what kind of blow you dealt today on your fan base.

Sincerely

Man, I'm so angry. I'm so angry I won't even post the letter I sent to Lucas Arts "PR", but I will say that I am angry enough that I would register to post my anger in this forum. I am also in the process of writing with some other people what I believe to be the first Sam and Max Protest song. More details as the story breaks into a billion pieces.

¡¡¡SAM AND MAX FOR-EVER!!!

:sbdance

Umm...

I'm just voicing a dream here, but:

what if it's all a joke? or a test to see what reaction there would be if they actually canned the game? i mean, sean clark is a joker, and it's weird that he hasn't said anything about the game yet, when he rapidly answered about the 3d engine questions raised by the samnmax2 pictures, maybe he's just ****ing with our brains...

as i said, it's just a wish, or a dream... but...

Your killing us Lucas, your killing us. We have lost all hope, all motivation. I want to cry, but Im too old for that. I hate you. Hate you so much.

Yeah. I think the Lucasarts we all know and love is dead. For the last few years, it seems like they stopped caring about their glory days, and about doing anything to set themselves apart from other game publishers. Now they've made it official. Lucasarts used to release interesting, highly polished, original games. Games (like Sam and Max Hit the Road) that were so great there are still websites dedicated to them after ten years without a sequel. This entire website is basically dedicated to the non-Star Wars Lucasarts games. And with one announcement LA has alienated us all.

I was really looking forward to Sam and Max 2. More than any other upcoming game. I'm really sad and angry and disappointed. :indif:

This is sort of pathetic and disheartening at the same time. I mean... it's just a game, but here I am, back to these disgusting forums.

So yeah, I find it odd that they would burn so many dollar bills on voice acting and a new system that was supposively destined to be displayed for the public months from now. (Supposively.)

And nost of the time there is satisfaction when something I like is buried in time to be forgotten by those lacking in style, but not in this case. Mostly not. Maybe it's just the association with George Lucas. Star Wars and the accompanied film company has always been lame as all hell to me and it's a wonder that a sectioned-off game company came up with so many gems in the obvious cesspool in the first place. It only takes countless remasters and newly discovered Disney songs in the Disney vaults to finally allow people to realize what kind of retarded growth was in the industry in the first place. Games, movies, entertainment and whatnot. It's all linked.

Entertainment is bad. F*** your president. Whatever.

keep e-mailing those bastards at lucasarts..thats our only hope..that they get a huge reaction in the next 2 days..after that all hope is lost...man that is so weak by lucasarts to let those guys slave over that game for nearly 2 years..and a few months b4 its released they cancel it...

I too, have registered for the mere sake of mourning the loss of Sam and Max, and I too, have e-mailed LucasArts to show them my disappointment in their decision to axe it.

in closing, I too, will boycott LucasArts until I see Sam and Max's glorious return.

There is a slim chance of hope here, isn't it? Since Purcell owns the rights to S&M, couldn't he shop around to find someone willing to publish it?

I remember this sort of thing has happened before, and it's not totally unheard of. Though maybe not for a big-name title like Freelance Police.

Was reading the forum for quite some time, now that they cancelled the game I felt like stepping out of the shadow and email them / post on the forum.

I don't get how the can pull back a product that's almost finished. Are they afraid they don't get ROI for CD and carton-costs?

I'm not only disappionted about the game also that probably very well paid management is not watching what they are doing. Loosing fans and dissapointing them will damage the company image.. that's what the statisic says.. a satisfied customers tells that he's lucky max. 2 persons, unsatisfied ones (as we are now) spread the word to about 9 persons (average) - I try to make it 90!

http://www.petitiononline.com/LACOSAM/petition.html

Jan

LucasArts are dead to me... there is only so much you can **** about the fans. I'm not rpetending that the Star Wars games are gonna fail (We all know they won't). I just hope it is those anally retentive suits who moved in on LucasArts and not the people it used to be. F u c k you LucasArts

Okay, so Steve Purcell owns the Sam & Max license. But does he own the material created while he was still being funded by LucasArts? If he does, I really hope he approaches another publisher.

LucasArts have gone from being bold, daring and genuine to being scared, uninventive and just plain stupid. They're a mockery of what they once used to be

I will never purchase a LucasArts game again if Sam & Max 2 stays cancelled. And I will push this idea on everyone I know, and the whole damn internet (well, at least the places I frequent)

I'm sad right now... so sad...

WTF?!?? How could ANY company be so stupid?!?

Every gamer I know was looking forward to this game based on the strength of the trailer, including non-Sam & Max fans, non-LucasArts fans, and non-adventure game fans alike. This game would have sold BIG with a little marketing effort just because it looked so funny and word of mouth. Not as big as yet another craptastic Star Wars-themed title (and I'm a SW fan) that the world doesn't need, but big for a game of this genre. I can't believe that a game so far along would have been scrapped because of fear of not selling when the company has been releasing underperforming crap for a couple of years now. Release it, take a freakin' chance and let the public decide! Episode 3 and all it's attendent throwaway spin off titles are right around the corner, so it's not like the company is going to fold in the next couple of months if this title didn't sell a zillion copies. Let Lucasarts become known as being the QUALITY game comapny again!

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot... ****ing corporate idiots!

:mad:

It was cancelled cause new lucasarts economymanager or something. This is quiet stupid thing, yet headmanager was excited about this project and now they have some idiot doing these decisions.

Someone SHOULD make public address to Lucasarts.

So someone thoughts that we need few idiot FirstPersonShooters more! No thanks.

How can this be :´( I feel like a kid thats just been robed his lollypop, I will join the rest of you boycotters, no more LucasArts, I see this as their death blow, I don´t think they know how many people, loves Sam & Max, i hope they will get a mail storm, i cant describe how sad i really am.

Star Wars aint fun, its only about money.

Archived